Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know for sure, but I believe that it would continue to record the data and that data would go to the account of the person who set it up. I also wear a fitbit and I could test that out tomorrow. Will let you know.
Anxious to hear.....

I would think it would have to someone pretty clever to pull off disappearing someone without a trace. Either that or very lucky. I don't think this points to "youthful bullies", but you could be right in thinking sociopath. However, these people are usually very intelligent. They also have big egos, thinking they are smarter than investigators, and very often this is how they get caught.

I think they just found the perfect moment...watched until she was in an area with no visible cameras or people/vehicles and grabbed her in a matter of a moment. Put truck in neutral, hopped out, she did not have a chance to react and run as she was listening to music, never heard him.

Man I'm really concerned/irritated that now a lot of the big MSMs are repeating the info that was supposedly anonymously leaked to *that publication which shall not be named* yeah it could very well be true but if the source is still just "a close FBI insider" they shouldn't really be repeating it :mad::rolleyes:

First off, if you are going to say that then you need to provide a link.

Second, at no time has any LE involved with this case stated that they have ruled out kidnapping.

Third, pretty sure I found the article you are thinking of. Here is the link.

Mollie Tibbetts likely went off in car with someone she knew, says FBI ex-profiler

And herein lies the problem with your post, which gets to a larger issue. This article isn't based on an interview with any LE associated with Mollie's case or even any current member of law enforcement. This is an ex-profiler who now basically works as a consultant for Fox News. People need to actually read news articles and not just headlines. I'm not going to tell anyone how to post because that is against TOS, but I do hope that people actually go through and read news articles so that they understand where their information is coming from. The best place to get information is from the press conferences and the Finding Mollie web site, so if anyone feels like they need to catch up then I would direct them to start with those sources because those are the most official.
Great suggestions! It's also how rumors get started which slows down the thread.

I posted more in Danniella Vian's thread, another 20 year old woman who disappeared into thin air in Mobile, AL, but socioeconomic status plays into it as well. Mollie's family has the resources to raise an attention-grabbing reward, the educational background and media-savvy to get and keep MSM attention. I think this case attracts this level of attention when an equally bizarre disappearance of a tattooed single mother does not is because things like this do not happen to people like them. As a culture we are fascinated not just by attractiveness but by wealth and status. We like to think our problems would be solved if we had just a little bit more. Danniella is just as white, just as beautiful, just as bubbly, just as social-media friendly, but she's a working class single mother so it doesn't grab our attention.

And I think everyone commenting in this vein would not take one post or one minute of attention away from Mollie. They just wish everyone would get more attention.
True that.

Does Snapchat have the capabilities of preparing a snap while offline and then it auto sending once online? Like on Facebook I can send a private message while offline that once I become online, it actually gets delivered to the recipient.

Anxious to hear.....
There is someone here who did an extensive experiment with a fit bit and posted all of the results on here. I think it's Marie something. Can't remember exactly but if you search it you can easily find it. If you're interested.

I've moved on from trying to map her run route. I think that she was take at an isolated part of the route - somewhere near the cut-through to Moms. There's a lot of isolated gravel roads in the area off Rt 385; an isolated route out of town with low traffic. What happened after she was taken?

First off, I think the perp gets down to the main business at hand - why the abduction in the first place? Even if the phone and fit bit are active, he has a goal. I don't have an answer for this, just yet.

If the need is quick-and-to-the-point with seclusion, one could go Rt 385 to a right on 185 down a dirt road that dead ends at Little Bear Creek. I think she may have been put in the water here, or a site like this. I think LE knows this, but haven't found her (and is holding this info back). Screenshot_2018-08-16 Google Maps(1).jpg

After this, he goes on an evidence dump. Back up 185 to Rt 385, then left to v21. Left on v21 to the bridge at Big Bear Creek, where he dumps the phone. Screenshot_2018-08-16 Google Maps.jpg

The next part, going so far South on v21 to dump other evidence (fit bit?) I'm not sure about unless he knew in advance about WC. All these back roads, on grave surfaces, to me indicates some sort of pick-up truck and knowledge of these roads as being an avid hunter.
Screenshot_2018-08-16 4299-4221 200th St to 3811-3801 200th St.png

I think it might be someone that both DJ (his age) and MT went to HS with, and had a crush on MT. He didn't go off to college, and stayed local working in Brooklyn. He supplements via B&E or drug distribution. I think he knows how digital footprints work. Maybe Mollie was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So much for my novel. As a father of kids this age, it pained me to type each and every sentence of the above. I'm admitting defeat, as in she's not coming back alive. I deeply sympathies with RT and his stoic interview hoping she would be OK. After 4 weeks I only want closure for the family.

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-17_0-21-30.png
    upload_2018-8-17_0-21-30.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 27
Jmo as well as my belief that LE would not have halted their requests for unusual sighting at 10pm if she could have been taken from home, I don’t think her earbuds would be missing if she had arrived home and then let someone in or went out to speak to someone.

Yeah, those earbuds missing are a hang up for sure to those of us considering that she could have left the home voluntarily and then something occurred. Even so, how does one know beyond knowing that she was in possession of her earbuds before she went missing? I lose a pair a week. Likewise, some young folks don't leave home without them (and their phone, which is also missing).

I think the biggest sticking point for me that she voluntarily left and then something occurred is that she apparently didn't take her wallet, ID, and other essentials, which if she left under benign circumstances she likely would have done. The earbuds can perhaps be explained away, but if she was leaving with someone and planning to return then she would've likely taken those other things.

JMO.

I think they just found the perfect moment...watched until she was in an area with no visible cameras or people/vehicles and grabbed her in a matter of a moment. Put truck in neutral, hopped out, she did not have a chance to react and run as she was listening to music, never heard him.
Could be but that would still involve careful planning. Before AND after.

Yes, but how does he subdue her once he has her? Is there more than one person? That's where I stall on this theory.

There is a consensus that the last "ping" (geolcation) from MT's phone was from the area near WC's property. This being the likely reason that LE was so interested in the area. I can't cite it, but I saw a MSM video clip of a LE officer, after a search of a hog farm where nothing was found, expressing frustration that this was the last location that her 'Fitbit pinged' (e.g. geolocated). Interestingly, the southernmost 'red dot' on the map of LE areas of interest is just South of this point.
I don't know if it's a consensus but I believe one of her devices led LE there. The search of the pig farm happened early and LE spent a lot of time there searching and interviewing WC so I think it's reasonable to assume that some digital information led LE there.

I still don't understand how LE can basically tell the public there is nothing to worry about. They must feel it was someone she knew in some capacity.

And Mollie was specifically targeted and thus the public need not worry for their safety

If they thought this was random you would think they would put out a statement warning the community to be careful etc....

IMO The Fitbit gave data maybe several days post abduction ( some fitbits can go 5 days in a full charge ) this has led LE speculating someone's keeping her alive and captive.

I'm not going to try to figure out who WC is, maybe the hog farmer?, but if that is accurate then it would make sense to look for freshly turned earth within a mile of there and excavate all the mud pits where the pigs wallow. If the last ping from her phone and other device were in that specific area, and within a half hour of somebody having seen her jog, then her damaged phone may be in that area probably. I would guess somebody has searched with metal detectors within throwing distance from the roads in that area.

Yes, WC is the natty fellow in the ratty clothes you ID as the "Hog Farmer" (TOS on this site ask that you not use names, just abbreviations). It does not appear that WC is a POI at this time! He lives on 70 acres adjacent to a Hog Finishing Faciliity on 6 acres of land that he sold off several years ago for a Big chunk of change (600 k - don't look down your nose at our friend WC, as he may well have a very substantial net worth on paper, welcome to Iowa. Who knows how much land this fine, hale, fellow - or his family - owns. Again, welcome to Iowa!). Currently there are no pigs housed at that "Hog Farm", as the facility had experienced a fire. Industrial scale hog plants don't use mud wallows, as these guys are kept clean. Instead, think of a football field size metal building with a slotted metal floor built over an equlivent size area of 8 foot deep septic tanks. The hog waste is hosed down into the sub-floor holding tanks, and then flushed out into a large 8 foot deep clay lined "anaerobic hog waste digestion pond"(you can Wiki this term). After two searches of this hog plant, the FBI has assured us that MT is not there.

(However, I still maintain that a hog waste pond is a GREAT place to get rid of a body, and there are many, many of these throughout Iowa, and in this area! Also, I would like to know just how LE searched the pond.)

LE (DCI, FBI, and local) have exhaustively searched this area, and WC's property a number of times; to the point that the racoons are wincing when they do their duty in the woods! LE have walked the weed filled ditches, and dogs have been seen in the wooded area. If there was something to find there, they have done their very best to find it. If they missed something, it was not for lack of trying.

Just because this was the area where MT's phone may have last pinged, does not mean that the phone will be found here. It just may be where the phone was disabled (SIM card removed, phone smashed or placed in a Faraday cage (a metal can or Mylar chip bag), and her abductors just rolled on.

Yes, but how does he subdue her once he has her? Is there more than one person? That's where I stall on this theory.

The video of cctv footage of an abduction posted up thread made abducting someone randomly off the street look like a difficult, 3 person job. And even with 3 people it took them some effort to get their target inside the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther