Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the foreclosure sales on the Sheriff's website and notice that 522 W Des Moines Street was sold under auction in October last year to a property management company for under $20k. That's just three houses east of the Co-op electricity building, so 4 houses from where Mollie was staying.

Sheriff Sales

What would have happened to that property once sold? Would the property company have put tenants into it? Since it sold for peanuts 9 months ago it doesn't seem as though it was an entirely desirable one, but would it have been quickly sold on? Just wondering what checks would have been made on tenants, if any. In these small towns no doubt the longterm residents know each other, but that probably doesn't hold for recent tenants.

If there are tenants in that property, I'd like to know who they are, where they come from and what their background is.

Taken from the early announcement from the Poweshiek County Emergency Management Agency. "Last seen on 7/19/18 possibly wearing denim shorts and a red t shirt. Last seen in Brooklyn."

I don't know their source of their information as to what she would have been wearing, but that would suggest they do not believe she was last seen wearing the running clothes. The description was likely based on the clothing they did not find or could not account for, though that is just a supposition.

Just baffling. Not even a public recollection of a possible BOLO vehicle. No blurry CCTV frames of anything. At this point a week in - there usually is something.
It is a strange contradiction. Things they say and do make it seem like they have a direction, but not having a single clue like these make it seem like they have no idea. I get keeping things close to the vest but since they are still asking for public input you would think there would be something they could provide to help jog people’s memory or bring in additional information people didn’t think was relevant before.

It is a strange contradiction. Things they say and do make it seem like they have a direction, but not having a single clue like these make it seem like they have no idea. I get keeping things close to the vest but since they are still asking for public input you would think there would be something they could provide to help jog people’s memory or bring in additional information people didn’t think was relevant before.

It is strange and a little frustrating. Kind of have to have trust in LE and their process but I feel like through media etc they have already kind of shown their hand. And now with so much time gone by my hope is fading. Whoever wherever has had ample time. All we can do is Keep praying and have faith !

I believe they are busy today with something. They said they will update tomorrow...so does that mean busy day today? And the mom is quoted as saying they are sending more FBI in.
I hope this means the ball is rolling pretty fast! I imagine that now all her digital info has come through, they have a pretty good idea of where to look. Probably doing the leg work, talking to family, dotting their i’s, and will let us know when they have something definitive.

On the topic of her not showing for dinner, even as "a creature of habit" she's still 20 years old. If it's worth anything, being 24 and my little sister being 20, we tend to fall asleep at random hours of the day while we're home on our phones, watching Youtube/Netflix, cuddling with one of our cats, etc.
I have a very routine life as well, I go to work and come home at about the same time each night and I don't go partying or meet strangers online or anything like that. I don't live with my parents anymore but I do eat dinner with them frequently and we tend to eat dinner late, around 8:30 or 9 is not out of the norm. I feel like on paper, her mom not going into high alert when she didn't show sounds bad and people can't understand why she wasn't more worried. The texts we know of as I understand them were: (beginning in the afternoon) a list ingredients for baking a dessert sometime in the near future to be taken to work for Mollie's coworker on Friday 7/20, then her mother let her know she got the stuff and asked are you coming for dinner? Mollie texting at 7:30ish asking what was for dinner, her mom replying brats and then Mollie saying "ok" to those supper plans. If I had the same exhange with my mom, and she knew I was an evening jogger and she knew I had dog-sitting duties to take care of, she probably would not expect me to show until 8:30 or even 9:30 and if I did not show at all, she would assume I had fallen asleep (especially with an early morning the next day). She probably would have sent a text or called to see if I was still coming but would not have panicked, blown up my phone, or driven over to my house even though I'm like 10 min away. Normally if that happened I would wake up some time in the night, feel like a jerk and text my mom a "sorry, fell asleep" message and she would see it in the morning. She might also try my bf that night to see what was up since we live together, but as we know Dalton was out of town so she probably wasn't going to call him.
(Obviously I don't know if Mollie or her mom knew of anyone stopping by the house that night that could have changed her plans or if she often went to dinner with friends last minute but my guess is on a weeknight, probably not.)
As she heard nothing more from her that night and the shared car was still at the house the next morning, I could see my mom telling my brother well I haven't heard from her so text her to see if she is up for work and needing the car, and then my mom leaving for work and going about her day. In the moment, she would be more annoyed but I know, if she were in Mollie's mother's position now, without a doubt she would be darn near killing herself over not freaking out sooner.
So if it is worth anything, that's how I get past that piece of this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500