Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Posting guidelines:

* We do not sleuth or accuse people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

* Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a private message. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not reply to it. Alert the post ASAP.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Websleuths is a fact based site. Provide a MSM link for your assertions. Rumors are not allowed. Sites such as reddit or sub-reddit are not approved to be linked, referenced or discussed.

images
link

*Stay on topic

*DO NOT sleuth or post personal information about non-POIs (including a wedding registry, realty information, relationships, marriage information or anything else about their background even if it is public unless it is in MSM)

*Post using initials for all the case players (family members, friends, co-workers, neighbors,etc.) as much as possible

*DO NOT post asking if a particular person has been cleared

*DO NOT post judgemental posts about Mollie or anyone in her family as this is not victim friendly

*DO NOT post screenshots

Reactions: byo
Updated 8/17/2018
WHAT WE KNOW
  1. Mollie’s jogging clothing is missing – pink sports bra, black shorts & running shoes
  2. Mollie’s devices are missing – cell phone, armband, FitBit and white earbuds
  3. She has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  4. The dogs were in the basement
  5. DJ said the door was probably unlocked
  6. She typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  7. She went for a run about 7:30
  8. She usually runs for 45 minutes
  9. LE reconstructed her run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses
  10. A digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  11. Video footage was collected from various businesses, including Casey’s & D&M
  12. Mollie's mom was asked by FBI if Mollie was "in a home" at 9:45
  13. She may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  14. Snapchat appeared to be indoors & taken that day, viewed at 10PM
  15. Mollie was a creature of habit
  16. DJ sent her a text in the morning and she did not respond
  17. JT sent her at text approx. 7:30 am asking if she needed the car – no response
  18. There were no vehicles in the driveway (as there usually would be)
  19. Her driver's license, passport and debit card were at the house
  20. Usual evening routine: run, shower/eat or eat/shower, homework, bed
  21. No signs of a struggle or forced entry
Reported Sightings
  • NH, 7:30 pm - W Pershing Dr
  • RT, time unknown - W. Des Moines – walking east, would have to go N or S
  • DR, 8 pm - East 2nd Street - jogging west toward Casey’s
DC, time unknown, West St - told by LE (not an actual sighting) that MT jogged past his house and made it home

FBI poster indicates that Mollie was last seen running on Pershing Drive.
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/mollie-cecelia-tibbetts/@@download.pdf

I am getting the feeling that the same person is responsible for all of these cases. Having been in the same position as the task force members I can guarantee you that at least some of the investigatiors feel the same way.
For now, since we don't have anything to link Mollie's case to any other cases please let's keep the discussion on only Mollie's case and the clues in her case. Please do not bring other cases into Mollie's thread yet. We can also allow discussion once something can logically be proven that the cases might be connected.

admin note:
No more discussing the cousin's murder. It is taking away from Mollie's case and is so far removed may not be relevant. If you wish to discuss it feel free to start a private conversation where you can invite up to 20 members. The conversation is private and not moderated. Do not post on this thread about wanting to be invited or to be added.

How do you know her fitbit traced there?

This information has been posted here before, but here it is again:

"This is a new arena for us. That's part of the reason we called the FBI in. It's probably pretty new to them, too," Mitch Mortvedt, spokesman for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, told CNN. "I don't know of another case here in Iowa where we have used specifically Fitbit info."

When her Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortvedt said."

Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of Iowa College Student Mollie Tibbetts

This information has been posted here before, but here it is again:

"This is a new arena for us. That's part of the reason we called the FBI in. It's probably pretty new to them, too," Mitch Mortvedt, spokesman for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, told CNN. "I don't know of another case here in Iowa where we have used specifically Fitbit info."

When her Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortvedt said."

Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of Iowa College Student Mollie Tibbetts
i know nothing about a fitbit or cell phone. because i have never had either. But this ping and the times of the pings. Is the time that is pinged the time on the fitbit itself or the actural time from the tower. What i mean is, if i had a fitbit and change the time or time zone on it. which time would be shwon when pinged.

Carried over...

I can't cite it (but sripey up post @ #1059 says he can), but I did see an MSM video of an Iowa LEO expressing his genuine frustration, after the first search of the "hog farm", at not finding MT at this location because it was the 'last place her Fit bit had pinged' (e.g. geolocated via her phone - I know that a Fitbit can't ping, but that is what he said, or words to that effect). My impression of the very brief clip, a sound bite really, was that LE really expected to find MT there, and would be able to wrap this up real quick, and were not happy that this was not the case. If you go to the start of this thread, under 'What We Know', #10 states: "A digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area". So yeah, I'll stand by the fact that I heard a LEO say this on camera. This was just before LE started to tighten up on LE info leaks and misstatements, early in the investigation. MSM reports that there was a search of a hog farm in the Guernsey area the morning of Thursday 26 July 2018.

I have no doubt you heard it, and there is def a state of confusion on the pig farm. Perhaps they focused in on the wrong pig farmer? My recollection is the one focused on by the media had sold his acres and was living there in a trailer. Hopefully, someone else here can clarify, because it is imortant to wade through that.

i know nothing about a fitbit or cell phone. because i have never had either. But this ping and the times of the pings. Is the time that is pinged the time on the fitbit itself or the actural time from the tower. What i mean is, if i had a fitbit and change the time or time zone on it. which time would be shwon when pinged.

I'm no expert so please forgive any errors but as far as I can see a Fitbit is a 'dumb' device i.e any GPS signals or 'pings' will be coming from Mollie's iPhone not the Fitbit?

I am positive that considering there have been what, 2000+ tips logged by LE that every possible weird or non-weird thing that anyone could think of has been phoned in. And again, there has to be evidence for there to be a perpetrator. It may just be something that went wrong, and had unintended consequences. Something unintentional would not have a "perpetrator", that refers to someone knowingly, intentionally and physically doing something.
Dictionary.com: A perpetrator is a person who carries out a harmful, illegal or immoral act. While you are correct, there is no evidence to support any of this, based on the most recent PC, I don't think you can fault any of us for using the term. Also, even if something unintended occurred, if it harmed Mollie in anyway, the person who perpetrated the act, is in fact a perp if they subsequently covered up a crime (an illegal, immoral act). At the end of the day, I want more than anything for her to be found alive. My choice of language at times is not meant to disrespect her or her family or to imply that there aren't a million different possibilities of what may have happened to her. My gut tells me, there is a perp. That is why I choose to use this word.

Carried over...

I have no doubt you heard it, and there is def a state of confusion on the pig farm. Perhaps they focused in on the wrong pig farmer? My recollection is the one focused on by the media had sold his acres and was living there in a trailer. Hopefully, someone else here can clarify, because it is imortant to wade through that.

I think it’s highly possible they interviewed multiple farmers in the area, but that this particular pig farmer was the only one willing to speak to the news crew.

I would like to know if anyone can find any connection between Mollie and the area of the hog farm—prior to the disappearance.

For example, did she go to school with any of the farmers’ kids? Did she or any of her friends or families work on the farm as their first job (sometimes, in rural areas, kids will get small jobs picking crops or running vegetable stands and so forth around 13 or 14 years old)? Do any of her former high school friends or families work at 1 of the farms now? And so on...

I would like to know if there’s any reason that Mollie might have considered it normal and not alarming to willingly go to this area, but then something went south.

I'm no expert so please forgive any errors but as far as I can see a Fitbit is a 'dumb' device i.e any GPS signals or 'pings' will be coming from Mollie's iPhone not the Fitbit?
if you change the time zone on a cell phone and instead of showing 10 pm it showed say 7pm. Would a cell ping at 10pm instead of 7 PM >

Carried over...

It's one and the same. WC did sell it some years ago, but everyone on this site calls it a pig farm so I do the same. I feel like WC has been so scrutinized that I prefer to say 'by the hog farm' instead of 'by WC's house'.

That is my understanding as well. The iPhone has the ability to connect to the internet, the “cloud” through cellular service, and the Fitbit works by itself, but only transmits information to its web based host when connected to a computer or working though Bluetooth with an iPhone. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566