Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about Mollie's running clothes. If she made it back to DJ's and took a quick shower before heading to her Moms, she could have put the running clothes in a bag to take with her to her Moms house to wash. Do we know if any other clothes were missing?

OK, in trying to guess whether Mollie was abducted on her run or later, that just added another element to muddy the waters. I hadn't given that any thought. There is probably a washer & dryer in house, but this is still a possibility.

Is this what everyone working on the maps assumes? That all dots represent pings? Are the scenarios based on that alone or just that those areas are significant? I thought it was a combination of things. Otherwise we are assuming that the scenarios in terms of route into town and escape route are based on cell phone pings alone? It would help me if this were cleared up. Which is it, pings alone or combination?

Who knows...but I assume pings. I don’t think they have more other than maybe the odd eyewitness.

Even if psychology classes, or even a PhD, could prepare one for abduction and captivity and the deprivation and abuses that are part of such a horror, she was a freshman at UI and entering her second year where she was likely still taking core university courses. She's only 20 years old. I think a public narrative about her has morphed into a heroine image that flies in the face of the extremely high chance that she had few or zero options in saving herself.
Nope. Not saying anyone is superhuman or unusual compared to other people. Just saying that even if she has been abducted and treated horribly, people can recover from that and many have from unimaginable things. They cannot, however, recover from death. Ever.

Is this what everyone working on the maps assumes? That all dots represent pings? Are the scenarios based on that alone or just that those areas are significant? I thought it was a combination of things. Otherwise we are assuming that the scenarios in terms of route into town and escape route are based on cell phone pings alone? It would help me if this were cleared up. Which is it, pings alone or combination?
My speculations assumptions and MOOs was a combination of both, with the map on the LEOS site having priority.

I’m sure this has been said before but I still think it wasn’t a random abduction because she ran everyday without issue but the one day that all of her housemates are out of town, this happens. Either a huge coincidence or an opportunity some bad guy couldn’t pass up. Gave him so much time before anyone noticed she was missing...
That sounds like he may have known that she would be alone ?

I'm starting to believe that LE is pretty confident that MT made it back to the house. And that LE either doesn't want to rule anything out by saying that they know she made it back to the house. Or they don't want the unidentified suspect to know that they know she made it back to the house. Think they are still counting on catching somebody that they interview in a lie that they can't explain away. MOO
Yes, all this conflicting timeline and information is a way to keep the cards held close to LE's chest and to not let the perp. know where they are going with the investigation. They could know who it is yet not have enough to search him. That's what is so odd with WC that they went crazy searching there and he let them. If the perp. does not voluntarily offer all information or let them look around, then other tactics will be used. I just hope they have someone on their radar like that.

It looks like the Pleasant Inn & Suites is right by the Pilot Truck Center. Wonder if that’s a point of interest and not the actual truck stop?

The address is 4130 IA-21, Brooklyn, IA 52211

"Law enforcement is asking anyone in the area of the TA Truck Stop on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page"

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

Here's the cell towers overlaid on the points of interest map.

Those cell site locations now explain why LE had focused their seemingly-targeted searches in the indicated area if LE used triangulation methods, which I hope were not forced to depend upon. Depending on structures, tress, etc., the location results could be far from accurate.

Who knows...but I assume pings. I don’t think they have more other than maybe the odd eyewitness.
That's why I am trying to get a definitive answer. I assume there is more than just pings and witnesses, I'm just looking for confirmation, thank you! Other things like a particular car or person spotted by the cameras, things like that I would think are also associated with the dots, but someone said it was the pings ALONE, that is what I want the answer to. I read so much until late last night, just can't remember it all now. There were some who stated one or the other. I just want to be SURE we are not talking (or are)talking about cell phone pings ALONE. In other words, fact as opposed to assunption, if anyone knows for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member