Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree that those kinds of large trucks are excellent hiding places, get-away vehicles, and crime scenes, but I have 2 reservations about this being a crime committed by a trucker:

1) A large truck like that would have stuck out like a sore thumb while stopped and making an abduction in a downtown setting or neighborhood, and in seemingly broad daylight (or even at dusk).

2) It would be incredibly cumbersome for someone driving a large truck like that to force someone in the truck against their will.

3) I feel like that if point 4 and 5 are escape routes, and I believe strongly that that's what they represent, then a trucker would likely have exited on the interstate rather than continuing south.

IOW, it's certainly not impossible that a trucker did this, but I feel it is unlikely given the information we have thus far.

JMO.
Personally, I would be much more guarded by being approached by a trucker in a semi, while jogging, than say a normal car at my eye level. MOO

This might be in the realms of science fiction. You have a Fitbit. I wonder if a phone could be cloned; placed on a drone; the drone then sweeps across various areas in the hope of synchronizing with the Fitbit.

I don't disagree that those kinds of large trucks are excellent hiding places, get-away vehicles, and crime scenes, but I have a few reservations about this being a crime committed by a trucker:

1) A large truck like that would have stuck out like a sore thumb while stopped and making an abduction in a downtown setting or neighborhood, and in seemingly broad daylight (or even at dusk).

2) It would be incredibly cumbersome for someone driving a large truck like that to stop and force someone in the truck against their will.

3) I feel like that if point 4 and 5 are escape routes, and I believe strongly that that's what they represent, then a trucker would likely have exited on the interstate off of 200th rather than continuing south.

IOW, it's certainly not impossible that a trucker did this, but I feel it is unlikely given the information we have thus far.

JMO.
Now a pickup truck driver on the other hand...

Probably, but if you just use the vacuum or the dumpster, it MIGHT not be a problem?

I could see just the bobtail truck maybe using the vac there, maybe. the hose might be too short to get up in a big truck and be of much use, but maybe it could. I think no way on pulling in to the water wash area though.

I knew about the search at the pig farm but I didn’t realize it was a “ping” or whatever that actually directed them there. I thought it was the guy’s record and the discovery of the red shirt that caused the attention. Anyways, thanks for the link. I try to stay away from speculating too much and always appreciate a MSM link.

Totally agree regarding speculation. It's one thing to take the known facts and try to build on them, it's something else altogether to imagine a scenario that is not anchored by any facts.

For example, we know that:

"Mollie was last seen jogging in Brooklyn, Iowa in the evening hours. There have been no credible sightings of, or communications with, Mollie since that time." (https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/)​

This means that all communication from Mollie stopped while she was jogging, not at the house-sit, but while she was jogging. Speculation should include the fact that she was last seen, or disappeared, while jogging.

I just would love it to be verified by whoever questioned her. I can't help thinking it could be someone stalking her that was "messing" with her.

At this point, nobody knows but the FBI, and they ain't talking. Also, I'm sure that the FBI and DCI have told all involved LE and Security to not talk to anyone, especially MSM, so good luck on getting further confirmation. This is one of the few factoids that we have which appear to come from MT herself. Highly interesting, but of what value other than being a humorous anecdote perhaps more suited to Reader's Digest; or not? Dr Schrodinger's cat wants to know, and respectfully asks that you stop beating him (at least until he figures out if he, himself, is dead or alive...).

Last edited:
Personally, I would be much more guarded by being approached by a trucker in a semi, while jogging, than say a normal car at my eye level. MOO

Not if you know the guy, seen him around town, gone to school with him or knew his folks.

A semi is a great, self-contained crime scene, especially one owned by a local who was familiar with the highways and back roads. A semi isn't always a BIG truck. Drop the trailer and you've got a cab, not much bigger than a car. Lots of rural people truck for a living and we have seen (I have) pics of cabs along the routes. Used to do it myself.

JMO

I think the perp is female

She knows Mollie BUT I don’t think Mollie is particularly friendly with her or considers her a close friend BUT she’s close

She lives close by but not in Brooklyn

She feels Mollie interrupted her “plans” by coming home for the summer

MOO

Not if you know the guy, seen him around town, gone to school with him or knew his folks.

A semi is a great, self-contained crime scene, especially one owned by a local who was familiar with the highways and back roads. A semi isn't always a BIG truck. Drop the trailer and you've got a cab, not much bigger than a car. Lots of rural people truck for a living and we have seen (I have) pics of cabs along the routes. Used to do it myself.

Hopefully, all sorts of people in Brooklyn noticed that type of vehicle on Mollie's jogging route.

Absolutely. Police reported a "ping" 10 miles SE of Brooklyn, so Mollie was not abducted by someone on foot or on a bicycle.

I have wondered if she could have been attacked by someone on foot or on a bicycle, hidden in vegetation, and then taken out of town later, when someone cane back with a car. Sierrah Joughin comes to mind.

now there's a freaky new avenue to explore..yes I agree this is odd and should be looked at..how many SK's and SO's have posed as LE in order to
gain the trust of a victim?

this is not out of the realm. MOO

Someone impersonating a police officer walking into a public library? It would be incredibly difficult to impersonate a modern police officer. They are adorned in ten pounds of specific gear.

And the risk...This impersonator would be seen by a host of people in the library, including the possibility of an off duty cop, or family members of a cop who would instantly see that he wasn't really a police officer. And this impersonator would accept this extreme risk in order to ask Mollie about a pink sweater?

Please put this theory to rest.

Totally agree regarding speculation. It's one thing to take the known facts and try to build on them, it's something else altogether to imagine a scenario that is not anchored by any facts.

For example, we know that:

"Mollie was last seen jogging in Brooklyn, Iowa in the evening hours. There have been no credible sightings of, or communications with, Mollie since that time." (https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/)​

This means that all communication from Mollie stopped while she was jogging, not at the house-sit, but while she was jogging. Speculation should include the fact that she was last seen, or disappeared, while jogging.

You don't know that because of the snap chat pic she sent to boy friend.

True, but someone did say that a large truck could've been sitting at the carwash, and I suppose that it is possible that a trucker cleaning his truck could've seen her jog by and approached her by foot, or had her approach him by foot, and then threatened or incapacitated her. This scenario also meets the data that we have, in that two of the points of LE focus are a truckstop and carwash.

I still think it is unlikely that a trucker in a large truck did this, but that is a scenario in which it could have occurred in a downtown-like setting.

JMO.

I feel strongly that the car wash is not a point of interest because somebody cleaned up there after a crime. The crimes we're worried about don't HAVE to be messy. And any vehicle in that area that regularly travels off pavement is likely dirty, inside and out, often.

Not very familiar with FitBit, but would she need to be wearing it for it to give out a digital signature? In other words, could it be possible the devices were still in a vehicle, sending out signals, but she was not?
This is a good question. As a longtime FitBit user here. I've slowly upgraded through many different models. The only way my FitBit uses gps is when I manually start a workout so the gps turns on to track my run. I have tried putting it on my dog to see if it will still work and track movement (it does). Does this tell us that she was taken during her run if LE states the FitBit "pinged". Was her workout still going on her Fitbit?

Database compilation thought:

It is common for LE to create a database for all information, tips, etc and the look for parallels or patterns. The locations of interest could be 5 spots that have database “hits” with the most coinciding information.

So maybe it is security videos or interviews that show the most occurrences of the same cars, or people, etc. in each of the locations at different times. Asking for more information about these areas may help narrow down the focus of the coinciding data.

Anybody have additional perspective on LE databases?

Just thinking out loud and MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member