Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am NOT JUDGING in any way here- not at all. I am a mother and cannot fathom what the parents must be going through. I have wondered (again- not judged!) her mother’s lack of interviews and her father’s presence out front with the media. Maybe this explains it- she would give away something LE told her...

I agree.
They both seem like such cool parents. What a great MOM, and DAD! So, this is so painful for us to watch.

All along, this case has a weird VIBE to me. It has the VIBE of some sort of revenge crime; it seems personal.

I had hoped the brothers, on both sides, were asked did anyone have a grudge against them? I'm sure LE has questioned all the men connected to Molly to make sure someone wasn't "getting back at them". ( such as: Lost a contract to them in a construction bid, jealousy of RTs financial success in Oakland, etc.) Other sleuthers, all along, have mentioned other scenarios that need to be looked at connected to both sets of brothers. I can't go into all of them; there were many great ideas, and worded well. And it wasn't sleuthing family members; It was sleuthing that 3rd ring of Acquaintances.

But now, I'm wondering, has LE looked into LC's colleagues, and her patients?
1. Did some colleague take an unhealthy interest in Mollie? or........
2. Did some family member of a patient, or patient himself, blame LC for some downturn in his life, that they then sought to avenge by harming Mollie?

Just conjecture, and I AM IN NO WAY sleuthing this wonderful Mother. I am worried though that a patient or a colleague did something, and she wouldn't even think of it because she is understandably so distraught at this point in time.

I don’t have names right now but she’s not the only person who disappeared right under the neighbors’ noses. I don’t know why people are so skeptical. It doesn’t happen often but it has happened so why couldn’t this be one of those instances?

Exactly. We've followed cases where the victim was snatched off the street and no one saw a thing. It may be rare but certainly not unheard of. moo

I disagree. Johnny gosch & other people were taken in much larger towns than Iowa in broad daylight & no one saw anything. If you’ve ever been to Brooklyn you’d know a lot of people mind their own business & could easily miss her being snatched. Imo
There was ample evidence that Johnny Gosch was abducted. His happened very early in the morning when only a handful of people were awake, still there were witness statements about suspicious vehicles and people.

I don’t have names right now but she’s not the only person who disappeared right under the neighbors’ noses. I don’t know why people are so skeptical. It doesn’t happen often but it has happened so why couldn’t this be one of those instances?

it could be. I cant go with someone parked their car somewhere else and dragged her across town on foot and wasn't noticed. but a fast grab could be.

To be fair, any sort of non-custodial abduction is rare, in the scheme of things that are likely to happen to a person. Jmo this case is not rare among other abductions jmo.

If the perp was smart...they simply got rid of items tied to Mollie in an area that was not tied to Mollie, i.e...the random out of town circles.

Red herrings have been created by perps before...and anyone with even a slight know-how of modern technology would leave as little a digital footprint of their crime as possible...steer LE in the wrong direction if at all possible.

But the truck stop...that keeps getting to me...so close to the highway...just gives credence to the notion of 'poof into thin air'.

My opinion.

I think Occam's Razor is often overdone in these cases. We always hear, "What are the chances of it being some stranger predator", yet, Mickey Shunick, Hannah Graham, Karina Vetrano, Vanessa Marcotte, and so many many more (likely including the Delphi & Evansdale murders).
sbm. I don't discount your point, but those cases, excluding Delphi and Evansdale, were in much more populous locations. My assumption is that the odds of a stranger abduction markedly decrease in a town of 1,500, though being in proximity to I-80 is something to consider. Working from the theory that it was a stranger, what could have brought him to Brooklyn on a Wednesday in the middle of July?

With the (I think) fact that Mollie was wearing earbuds the idea of a quick abduction is very possible, imo. The perp would have the element of surprise and Mollie might not have had a chance to realize it was happening before it happened.

People...Websleuths 101...please don't wear your earbuds and run alone. Situational awareness is important, for many reasons! In my opinion!

Exactly. We've followed cases where the victim was snatched off the street and no one saw a thing. It may be rare but certainly not unheard of. moo
Possible, sure. Likely? To my knowledge there has never been a forcible abduction in any small town near Brooklyn that left absolutely no evidence and no witnesses. At the same time, people running into someone they know and willingly getting in a vehicle happens every day. If we’re going to play the “most likely” game I’m going with the one that happens a lot.

sbm. I don't discount your point, but those cases, excluding Delphi and Evansdale, were in much more populous locations. My assumption is that the odds of a stranger abduction markedly decrease in a town of 1,500, though being in proximity to I-80 is something to consider. Working from the theory that it was a stranger, what could have brought him to Brooklyn on a Wednesday in the middle of July?
The fair, a funeral, visiting a family member... but I tend to agree with you. My gut has always told me “friendly ride.”

I think Occam's Razor is often overdone in these cases. We always hear, "What are the chances of it being some stranger predator", yet, Mickey Shunick, Hannah Graham, Karina Vetrano, Vanessa Marcotte, and so many many more (likely including the Delphi & Evansdale murders). There were three murders of opportunity in my town within 9 months, all women, two by the same person who did not know the victims and likely would have continued to kill, and one that remains unsolved and was done by someone spine-chillingly unhinged and it's unlikely he (she) knew the victim.

I don't think this has to be someone who knew or met Mollie, stalked her, watched her for a time, or had an axe to grind for her disappearance to make sense, and as many have pointed out, the closer (in relationship) any perpetrator may have been to her, the more likely LE would/might have someone in custody by now.
But the population of Brooklyn is ~1416, the interstate is a few miles south of town, Mollie's mother lives on the north side of town, and Mollie's boyfriend on the east side. Brooklyn doesn't get a lot of visitors. So in this case, statistically, there are far fewer strangers in Brooklyn, Iowa than there would be in cities with larger populations. And that's particularly true for the parts of town that Mollie would jog through. Now Casey's, the hardware stores, the deli, and the Front Street Tap would all need to receive deliveries periodically. What days and times did they receive their deliveries?

Possible, sure. Likely? To my knowledge there has never been a forcible abduction in any small town near Brooklyn that left absolutely no evidence and no witnesses. At the same time, people running into someone they know and willingly getting in a vehicle happens every day. If we’re going to play the “most likely” game I’m going with the one that happens a lot.

I get what you are saying...but as they say...never say never...

In my opinion, if she was on a jog/run...why would she get into a car? Her activity was the run. Why even stop to talk to someone in a car while you are on a run? I would wave to a runner friend, but I wouldn't stop to talk to them...because they are working out! Am I wrong?

Shoot. This case gets so confusing and I start forgetting what I have already read and what I have already posted. I think this has been posted already more than 2 times in all the threads. Thanks for posting it again otto. So there is no way MT could have been taken on foot because her Fitbit pinged 10 miles SE of the house where she was last seen.

BBM - I must have missed something - did LE say there was a ping 10 miles SE of the house?

Last edited:
I am NOT JUDGING in any way here- not at all. I am a mother and cannot fathom what the parents must be going through. I have wondered (again- not judged!) her mother’s lack of interviews and her father’s presence out front with the media. Maybe this explains it- she would give away something LE told her...

Agreed. Not everyone fares well in the public eye. Anxiety is a big thing for many folks, I think she's been sitting back for good reason, just not great with all eyes on her. Dad is taking the lead and doing a great job. So upsetting, hope this is solved soon. Sending all my good vibes to Mollie and team.

I get what you are saying...but as they say...never say never...

In my opinion, if she was on a jog/run...why would she get into a car? Her activity was the run. Why even stop to talk to someone in a car while you are on a run? I would wave to a runner friend, but I wouldn't stop to talk to them...because they are working out! Am I wrong?
If it was in fact raining, she may have been offered a ride because of the rain from someone she knows. She also is a very friendly, kind person, so she may have approached a vehicle more closely than she should have.

But the population of Brooklyn is ~1416, the interstate is a few miles south of town, Mollie's mother lives on the north side of town, and Mollie's boyfriend on the east side. Brooklyn doesn't get a lot of visitors. So in this case, statistically, there are far fewer strangers in Brooklyn, Iowa than there would be in cities with larger populations. And that's particularly true for the parts of town that Mollie would jog through. Now Casey's, the hardware stores, the deli, and the Front Street Tap would all need to receive deliveries periodically. What days and times did they receive their deliveries?

I like your line of thinking and thought I'd chime in....I have worked a number of years in food service/hospitality. I am nowhere near Iowa, but all of our deliveries are usually on the earlier side of noon. If later than that they are big companies with big routes that would not have time to stop for a quick abduction. (I don't mean that to sound snarky...just factual).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny