Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Posting guidelines:

* We do not sleuth or accuse people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

* Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a private message. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not reply to it. Alert the post ASAP.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Websleuths is a fact based site. Provide a MSM link for your assertions. Rumors are not allowed. Sites such as reddit or sub-reddit are not approved to be linked, referenced or discussed.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed.

In the last thread the same queries were posited over and over about who was cleared. This person was cleared but not that one and how about this one and that one. These type of sentiments and statements can be construed as suggesting involvement by individuals in Mollie's close circle of family and friends. Our terms of service very clearly discourages that type of speculation.

TOS and WS rules will be strictly enforced from this point forward. You have been duly warned. Expect a TO or worse if you choose not to follow the rules of this forum and of this case.

*no need to click like button*

Last edited:
In the last thread the same queries were posited over and over about who was cleared. This person was cleared but not that one and how about this one and that one. These type of sentiments and statements can be construed as suggesting involvement by individuals in Mollie's close circle of family and friends. Our terms of service very clearly discourages that type of speculation.

TOS and WS rules will be strictly enforced from this point forward. You have been duly warned. Expect a TO or worse if you choose not to follow the rules of this forum and of this case.

Thank or like this post to indicate you have read it before posting in the thread.

Thank you Harmony 2,

To our members posting on Mollie's thread. You may think by tossing out a question like "What about (insert name here) has this person been cleared" it seems totally innocent. It's not at all. You have just inserted an innocent person into a huge nationwide media story and cast doubt on their innocence.

You must understand how powerful your words are especially on Websleuths. We know law enforcement reads here along with many media outlets.

We will never know if the police read our threads and use the ideas from our members but I would be my life on it. Please keep this in mind when you post.

So when you are discussing a case, especially a case as big as Mollie's remember what you post matters and your words are being seen by many.

We will be timing people out or banning outright those who do not stop mentioning innocent people and asking if they have been cleared.

Thank you,
Tricia

courtesy of bestill and gevee:
thank-you-smiley.gif

Sarah Beckman‏ @SarahBeckman3 41m41 minutes ago
NEW: Press conference happening tomorrow for the Mollie Tibbetts missing person case out of Brooklyn, Iowa. It'll be at 1:30pm. #MollieTibbetts

Notice of Press Conference

Hopefully we will learn something new tomorrow so that we can stop rehashing the same information.

Last edited:
MISSING: Search ongoing for 20-year-old UI Student

MISSING PERSON. 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts is missing. Last seen on 7/19/18 possibly wearing denim shorts and a red t shirt. Last seen in Brooklyn. If you have any information please call 641 623-5679.
View attachment 140366

Poweshiek County Emergency Management Agency

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

IA - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - Molly Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County
yay

In response to all of the questions about Mollie’s vision. I am an Optician. She is either farsighted or nearsighted. It would be out of the ordinary for her to need both up close and far away at her age. I looked at her pictures and I don’t see the high powered lens thickness that you see with the higher powers. If she is far sighted her up close is compromised and at about 20 feet her vision should be good. I am guessing, though, that she is near sighted, like most persons her age and that she can navigate the world pretty good until about 15-20 feet away. Also most college kids get a year supply of contacts and their glasses at the end of the summer before returning to college.

From previous thread:
I wake up every day hoping to see that she has been found. Hopefully the press conference will bring more info on their progress.
Same here -- I go into this thread and immediately look for the "FOUND" caption at the top, and am so disappointed when it's not there.
Patience & hope.

Welcome to Websleuths, WtfHappened!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members