Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel immensely sad about this. I realize that this was the outcome I kinda expected all along, but it’s still just so heartbreaking to me. I also feel the need to state how strangeness it seems to me to find her body at this point-a whole month later. Unless she was put somewhere inside of something and a tip was called in or something like that. It may sound morbid, and I’m not trying to be we in sensitive at all, but if she were outside somewhere I would think buzzards would have been a tell-tale sign. I live on a farm and in the summer if we happen to have a steer die, buzzards are lurking by the end of the day. Also, my husband I once shot a deer and we couldn’t find it right away. We ended our search that night thinking that we’d look for buzzards the next day since it was unseasonably hot-which didn’t actually happen bc we did find it. Anyway, I guess this leads me to conclude that it wasn’t a vehicular accident and that she must have been inside somewhere and maybe LE got a tip. That’s a lot of rambling. I guess it’s just crazy to me for her to be found dead after all this time when I really hoped and prayed she’d be found alive.

Whoa.

I can't read the article. Can you post a pertinent quote?

tia
owa state investigators said Tuesday they have a suspect in custody who is subject to a federal immigration detainer, typically an indication that the person is present in the United States illegally.

“We’re not going to release anything more until the press conference,” said Mitch Mortvedt, the assistant director of Iowa’s Division of Criminal Investigation. He said officials would provide more details at a press conference scheduled for 4 p.m. central time.

Whoa.

I can't read the article. Can you post a pertinent quote?

tia
True Crime
Investigators: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts death is in custody, subject to immigration detainer

0:48

Missing Iowa college student found dead

Authorities said University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts, 20, was found dead about a month after she went missing in Brooklyn, Iowa, on July 18. (Allie Caren/The Washington Post)

By Cleve R. Wootson Jr.
, Reporter
August 21 at 4:11 PM
More than a month after Mollie Tibbetts went out for a jog and disappeared — and days after investigators searching for the missing Iowa college student said they were focusing their efforts on five locations — her body has been found, the Associated Press reported.

Iowa state investigators said Tuesday they have a suspect in custody who is subject to a federal immigration detainer, typically an indication that the person is present in the United States illegally.

“We’re not going to release anything more until the press conference,” said Mitch Mortvedt, the assistant director of Iowa’s Division of Criminal Investigation. He said officials would provide more details at a press conference scheduled for 4 p.m. central time.

Do you think many of us might be shocked at what LE reports in this presser?
Back in grad school we had looked at numbers showing over 90% of murder is committed by people with priors, and over 80% by persons with ten or more ("super predators") or a couple of felony arrests. So generally the surprise is : why was this person on our streets? On the much less likely chance it is someone with no record I suppose we will wonder at how a normal person could have done something so wrong.

A rural portion of 460th Avenue was closed off to the public on Tuesday just east of Highway 21. The area is south of Guernsey, a town of less than 100 people. Des Moines Register. Is this PF area? Lincoln Wildlife Area?

I know all of you will be wonderful with posting updates and I greatly appreciate it. After following Mollie's situation all summer, I am at back-to-school inservice until 4:00, so I will miss the presser. Thank you in advance...

Breaking**** Washington post says a suspect in custody and is being held on an immigration detainer. Can someone copy and past the story here, I’m out of views on that website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth