Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
CR was prowling around Brooklyn. He saw Mollie, who he had seen jogging before, and drove around the block a couple of times until he got up the nerve to pull up next to her. He rolled down his window and said something crude (blowing kisses, hi hottie, whatever). She either ignored him, said please leave me alone, or started running away. That triggered him and he got angry - he felt disrespected. He drove along in the car up E 385 behind her while she's trying to run away until they were a little out of town, pulled over, jumped out of the car, grabbed her from behind and pushed her to the ground slamming her head and choking her. I think he threw her in the car and drove down to the cornfields, assaulted her, and then left her there covered.
Spot on I reckon. I dont think he was cruising around for a potential victim, I think he recognised Mollie and started hitting on her, and then attacked when she kept rejecting him. Perhaps when she told him she was calling the police she may have even physically pushed him away, which led to his violent 'black out' outburst. Basically a crime of passion, this would be the Occam's razor imo.

As soon as she stated that she would 'call the police'; alarm bells started to ring in his head; he was an illegal immigrant and what that would mean for his girlfriend and child.

That's his story. The problem is, it's his story. She could have just said "no" and he got out of the car and attacked her. Or perhaps she wasn't even aware of him.

That story was created to make him look sympathetic.

For the "blacking out moment", those of us that followed the Chelsea Bruck case from Michigan, her killer also used that excuse. He is currently in prison, but claimed he "blacked out" and doesn't remember disposing of her items and "woke up" thinking it was all a dream.

‘I didn’t mean for her to die,’ Clay tells court

Unfortunately for him; he might get caught up in his own lies; the contradictions will catch him out.

'A tragic end' to Mollie Tibbetts case: How Iowa jogger's killing was solved

Slain jogger Mollie Tibbetts and her alleged killer lived in the same rural Iowa town but it’s unclear whether they knew each other, investigators say.

Either way, "there was something that drew him to her," Mitch Mortvedt of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation told ABC News Wednesday.

"Mollie was a sweet girl," added Katie Murphy, principal at the Corpus Christi School where Tibbetts was a former student. "The best gift we can give is to be a little like Mollie today."

That's his story. The problem is, it's his story. She could have just said "no" and he got out of the car and attacked her. Or perhaps she wasn't even aware of him.

That story was created to make him look sympathetic.

It is his story; LE are buying it at the moment; but LE will find big holes in it soon enough; as more evidence is gathered. Some things already don't add up.

Two things have bothered me all night long -

CR's girlfriend supposedly attended school with Mollie, right? And the two each ran track right? I would like to know if the route Mollie ran was the same one she ran during school?

If this was the case, I hope the school district there and school districts across our country will take this moment to review if there is surveillance AKA safety cameras in place, especially along roads like the one where Mollie came face to face with EVIL on July 18, 2108.

The other thing that has bothered me is IF Mollie tried to call 911. Did she? Would we know the cell phone reception was bad?

I would think criminals who hunt like CR might just see there is no cell reception.

And that made me think how our Country differs from Europe where there are a number of different countries and they standardized cell communications. We have different carriers who use different platforms... And we have holes.

The ability to carry a phone with us should have made Mollie able to reach out quickly to LE no matter where she was! But for some reason she either didn't bother to call or she couldn't call.

If it is the later we need to FIX IT!

For many of us we paid a special tax for decades which the FEDs were supposed to use to improve landline service to rural areas. What happened to that money? Couldn't be used to ensure no matter where someone is in the USA, no matter what carrier they can each LE quickly?

I’m left wondering if he opened his trunk before he started “jogging with her” or after he hit her over the head with something (guessing that’s why she had a bleeding head injury). Also wondering what he hit her with- and if he carried it “while “jogging with her” or if he picked up a branch or rock. This could be important for the murder in the first charge to stick.

I’ve been thinking about this a lot as all of you have. I think back to many of the theories that have been thrown out there. Looking back, hindsight could be 20/20 but I think there are far too many coincidences.

1.) It seems like CR had at the very least many acquaintances with Mollie. He could have in fact known that she would be alone that night. This is the only area where I think it could have been a coincidence be attacked her on this night. I do wonder if he had harassed her in the past and she had let someone know. It wasn’t that long ago that RT said he believed it was someone she knew had her and they were in over her head. I think those statements are close to when LE had gotten hold of the video footage.

2.) The leak about the perp attending the vigil and hiding in plain sight. This appears to be true now.

I think when we look back at some of the things said at the press conferences they add up and make sense as to who the perp was and what happened to Mollie.

I’m sad about the outcome but glad the case won’t go cold and the family will never have any answers.

Tricia - you have my respect, admiration, and gratitude. Seriously. You have commitment to the mission of this site and the perseverance to stick with the mission (and the patience to deal with constant interference). Your steadfast dedication to being victim friendly and insisting on MSM and LE verification of facts is no longer the norm for online discussions across the internet - but it's the right thing to do. And your diligence in keeping the conversations on the cases is also the right thing to do. I'm sorry so much is required of you and the moderators to keep the rest of us living up to WS standards.

RESPECT - you got it from me.

He was hunting for a victim, he is a predator. He wasn't trying to talk to her. He stalked her, chased her down, kidnapped her and murdered her. It had NOTHING to do with him being mad, scared or whatever because she was going to call the police. He intended to do exactly what he did. He is a low life criminal who thought that he could kill her, rape her (likely) dump her in a corn field and no one would try too hard to find out who did it - like back home in his country where women are not valued.

There are probably other victims but they may also be illegally in the country and are therefore not missed or didn't report what he has done. I don't for one minute believe that he committed his first crime at age 24 and it was was kidnapping and murder. He's been preying on people his whole life. Bet on it.

Predators are born predators and are always on the prowl for victims.

Honestly, as a female, I find his preliminary story quite believable.

I have certainly had creeps in cars pull alongside where I'm walking and be flirty or be downright crude. I have most definitely encountered men that will walk along side you, walk ahead of you but turned around, put their arm around you, etc. with the same flirty to crude behavior.

This doesn't just happen on isolated stretches of road. It happens on suburban streets, in malls, in schools.

Their demeanor often changes from one of smiling and "seeming" friendly to hostile as soon as you start to rebuff or pull away.

I can almost picture the encounter in my mind and I feel so so upset for Mollie that this creep was dead serious.

For the "blacking out moment", those of us that followed the Chelsea Bruck case from Michigan, her killer also used that excuse. He is currently in prison, but claimed he "blacked out" and doesn't remember disposing of her items (costume) and "woke up" thinking it was all a dream.

‘I didn’t mean for her to die,’ Clay tells court
My guess is that Mollie's killer is a psychopath, and he is lying in between some truthfulness, and the only reason he's been somewhat truthful is because he was caught on the unknown video following her, and knew he couldn't get away with it after LE interviewed him for "a long time":

INTERPERSONAL TRAITS OF A PSYCHOPATH
The most common trait of a psychopath is their pathological lying. This is so that they can cover up their behaviour and get their own way.

The Hare Psychopathy Checklist with 20 Most Common Traits of a Psychopath

There are no words sufficient enough to express my sadness over Mollie's demise. I, like everyone else, hoped and prayed that there would be a happy ending for Molly and her family and friends..and for all of us here at Websleuths too. Rest in peace Molly, and may your loved ones find peace and strength through our many prayers for them.

It is his story; LE are buying it at the moment; but LE will find big holes in it soon enough; as more evidence is gathered.

Who said LE is buying it?

LE repeated his statement at the press conference. That includes the "I blacked out" nonsense. What is important is that they tied the perp to Mollie, and then tied the perp to where her body was found. He knew where she was set to rest. I assume forensics will be able to get some of his DNA under her fingernails and whatever else. What his statement says will most definitely not be what the DA says what happened when this comes to trial.

.Yesterday I was sad.. today I am very angry about what happened to Mollie. I have three daughters. IMO this jerk saw Mollie wanted to have sex with her, thought it was his right whether she agreed or not. He had to kill her because he didn't want to go to prison after he took what he felt was rightfully his. A narcissist, hwho only by some miracle was caught on a security camera. Thank God, he can't hurt anyone else now. I believe LE didn't believe there was a danger to the public because they believed she went willingly with someone she knew... just like her dad said.

He says he ran alongside Mollie; how far did he run with Mollie? If it was a far distance; then it might make his account dubious.

I think people are trying to read between the lines because it's not a very good lie. If he was going to lie and make up a story, why would he say something that makes him seem so guilty? Why wouldn't he say it was an accident, she ran in front of his car and he couldn't stop and he panicked and covered it up? Instead he admits that he followed her, stalked her, got out of his car and ran up to her to attack her while she was frightened and said she would call 911 - all of which made him angry. It doesn't take a lot to make the jump to what happens after a man who is trying to attack you says he's angry. Know what I mean? I don't believe his story is the full truth but I think parts of it are true and he's hiding the really bad stuff behind his "black out."
Yes, I agree that part is a general description of what likely happened. I was only referring to the story of "blacking out" and not remembering the actual murder. My adrenaline was pretty high last night and my mind kept screaming KILLER! LIAR! and I was so angry some of my posts weren't clear. I think the details ( EXCEPT for the black out story, that LE gave us are pretty close to what happened and the WORST of what occurred is what he is not being truthful about. And I also believe much of it was coaxed out of him as opposed to him offering the details willingly. You can imagine how it goes, the detective may say, "so what did you do when she threatened to call police? That must have made you pretty ANGRY. After all, you only wanted to jog beside her and make FRIENDS! Were you kind of upset about that?" You know how it goes. But yes, thank you for your post, as usual you said it much better than I ever could!!!

Honestly, as a female, I find his preliminary story quite believable.

I have certainly had creeps in cars pull alongside where I'm walking and be flirty or be downright crude. I have most definitely encountered men that will walk along side you, walk ahead of you but turned around, put their arm around you, etc. with the same flirty to crude behavior.

This doesn't just happen on isolated stretches of road. It happens on suburban streets, in malls, in schools.

Their demeanor often changes from one of smiling and "seeming" friendly to hostile as soon as you start to rebuff or pull away.

I can almost picture the encounter in my mind and I feel so so upset for Mollie that this creep was dead serious.
I think most girls would blush, stay silent or tell them to 'go away'. Mollie seemed to be a bit outspoken when it came to feminism (something I noticed after going through her social media), perhaps she made a point on calling him out on his disgusting behaviour and it enraged him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann