Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I haven't seen a year yet either. Was hoping something had come out and I had just missed it. I'm curious about the number of doors in thinking through his story.
It really doesn't matter since the remote on the key fob to open the trunk was introduced in 2004 on the Chevy Malibu. I'm sure this car wasn't older than 14 years.

If it is the one I just read, the article is not vile or disgusting...just uncomfortable reading about the reaction toward Mollie’s murder compared to a similar case...where the victim was a young Muslim woman...

While I'd stop short of calling it "vile", it's definitely no less a politicization of Mollie's death than those it accuses of politicizing her death. Two wrongs don't make a right, they should all shut the hell up and let this family lay their daughter to rest.

It really doesn't matter since the remote on the key fob to open the trunk was introduced in 2004 on the Chevy Malibu. I'm sure this car wasn't older than 14 years.
I'm not sure if it is standard but I know the 2003 has a button to pop the trunk on the key fob.

The link doesn't work. I went to see if the article included the phrase "alleged illegal immigrant' or if you did. I would think an objective article would say she turned up at court to watch the alleged murderer of her friend.
'Iris wanted to go because of her daughter. At the end of the day that's her little girl's father and she may not be able to see him for a very long time,' dished a confidante.

'Iris has been balling her eyes out. She's having a really bad time but her family are all rallying around her. Jamilet is everyone's priority now - not Cristhian.'

Ex-girlfriend of alleged killer of Mollie Tibbetts tells why she turned up at his court appearance | Daily Mail Online

"alleged killer" is as written, and link above works.

Thinking back now to the 5 points released on the map....is it possible that they were putting points on there where they had a digital footprint, that had cameras, and that they just thought might be important?

For example, the area where she was abducted, something probably on her FitBit may have alerted to something happening (heart rate spike, being in a moving vehicle, etc). The area where she was found may have been when the FitBit and phone stopped "pinging." The car wash and truck stop--I don't know if CR would have gone to either of those places. Maybe he was seen driving by the car wash? I wonder if they just put those places on the map because they knew they had many cameras and could see which vehicles drove by or stopped and was wanting anyone in the area to call in and see if they had seen something suspicious you couldn't make out on video. It would be really dumb to walk into either place covered in blood. Not that he couldn't do something dumb (he did murder someone, of course!) but I just feel that SOMEONE would have noticed that and called in long long ago.

I think the last red dot was by DJ's house, correct? If they had not viewed the incriminating video footage yet, they may have just not known for sure what happened and thought it might be possible that where she was staying could be significant and wanted people near his house to call in. JMO

'Iris wanted to go because of her daughter. At the end of the day that's her little girl's father and she may not be able to see him for a very long time,' dished a confidante.

'Iris has been balling her eyes out. She's having a really bad time but her family are all rallying around her. Jamilet is everyone's priority now - not Cristhian.'

Ex-girlfriend of alleged killer of Mollie Tibbetts tells why she turned up at his court appearance | Daily Mail Online

"alleged killer" is as written, and link above works.

The title says this, I think that’s where the confusion is coming from

EXCLUSIVE:

‘I only went for the sake of our daughter.’

Shaken former girlfriend of alleged killer of Mollie Tibbetts tells why she turned up at court to watch the alleged illegal immigrant face first degree murder charges”

It may not even have been THE red shirt, but just a red shirt planted to further push things in a direction.

Please let's not start beating Dr. S's maybe dead cat over the red shirt again! MT would not have had a red shirt with her on the run when and where she was taken. You give CR too much credit. He is NOT a SK master mind. He did not/would not have gone back to within a couple of miles of his dump site to plant a piece of evidence that could have caused LE to intensify their search.

CR took MT in a moment of opportunity and with a degree of premedation (maybe months, weeks, days, hours, or minutes) killed her, concealed her body and then drove away. He likely spent the last month ignoring the "problem" and looking over his shoulder. He did change his behavior, as at least one store clerk said that he had stopped coming in the last two weeks before his arrest. LIKELY, he was laying low, as when he came into town there was a poster with MT's picture everywhere he turned. Why didn't he run when he had the chance? He had every reason to expect that the body would not be found till fall, and that he had not been seen. Likely, he was in denial about getting caught. If it was his habit to "block out" moments of intense anger, including assault and murder, he might well have blocked out the consequences of his actions, or the fact that he might be caught. The C in CR should stand for 'Cleopatra' as he is the king of denial, not the master of misdirection!

If it is the one I just read, the article is not vile or disgusting...just uncomfortable reading about the reaction toward Mollie’s murder compared to a similar case...where the victim was a young Muslim woman...
Yes, and how many have heard of this case prior to this article? If it’s not in MSM, most people wouldn’t hear of the crime & have the opportunity to get outraged. I hate what happened to this Muslim woman every bit as much as I hate what happened to Mollie. MSM didn’t provide mass coverage because they didn’t think it would yield clicks/money. They have the power to generate interest/care. Kind of hypocritical IMHO.

Racism is likely inferred (or mentioned) since he entered the country through THE border and is from Mexico. If he were an Asian refugee who stowed away in an airplane wheel well or luggage compartment, I’m betting the backlash would not be as intense.

Last I knew LE had no record of him being here. How on earth were they able to confirm (or have they) that he entered through the border?

Racism is likely inferred (or mentioned) since he entered the country through THE border and is from Mexico. If he were an Asian refugee who stowed away in an airplane wheel well or luggage compartment, I’m betting the backlash would not be as intense.

The two examples you give involve vastly different numbers of peoples entering illegally. It is no surprise the perp was able to obtain a false identity, one can do such at my farmer’s market.

I'm not sure that op/eds, particularly in this case, are remotely useful in how this came to happen or what to do with predators such as Mollie's
I'm not sure that op/eds, particularly in this case, are remotely useful in how this came to happen or what to do with predators such as Mollie's killer. All of the increasingly shrill narratives, regardless of the POV that informs them, seem spring-loaded to me.

This guy is a predator who thought through what he was doing all the way to plucking leaves from cornstalks to cover his hideous crime. He gets no passes from me, no particular 'diagnosis' or social label and I wish him at the very least a captured existence for the rest of his time on the planet, because now that she's tragically dead, the best we can do with her killer is make sure he never has another opportunity.

Oh yeah, I remember something like that on the map. That could definitely have been the case.
I don’t think CR accounted for the Fitbit. I didn’t know that a Fitbit could do what it does until this case. I am curious, though, if her phone and Fitbit are recovered and powered up if there would be even more data (GPS) synced to the phone. I believe that may be what they are looking for at CR’s residence.

Yes, and how many have heard of this case prior to this article? If it’s not in MSM, most people wouldn’t hear of the crime & have the opportunity to get outraged. I hate what happened to this Muslim woman every bit as much as I hate what happened to Mollie. MSM didn’t provide mass coverage because they didn’t think it would yield clicks/money. They have the power to generate interest/care. Kind of hypocritical IMHO.

You are absolutely right Judge and this is the infuriating part and a huge factor in what is happening today here. The media themselves pick and choose which stories are told. Their choices are based on what is going to get the most press and it is made soley by what with provide them the most drama and up their bottom line. In the end they are basically creating the dialogue that goes on every day therefore MAKING the news rather then reporting on current events. Then when they focus exclusively on one case or one viewpoint, people of different backgrounds, race, religion whatever it is feel offended. The next story is the story from the offended point of view and sadly all Americans are forgetting the part that it was the media that started the controversy to begin with. It really is an ugly truth about the modern day media. I think most people have empathy for all our fellow Americans when they are harmed, killed what have you but the media doesn't wish to cover it that way because it doesn't further their bottom line.

Last I knew LE had no record of him being here. How on earth were they able to confirm (or have they) that he entered through the border?
I saw on the thread a couple days ago something about this. CR's father had been interviewed and said CR left to find work and crossed the boarder illegally, coming then to IA because his uncle was here. Anyone have a link to that interview?

That's exactly what I thought about the truck stop. If he had to walk through the main public area, or if he had to pay first at the counter, it wouldn't have been feasible. I also wondered if he lived alone, and if so, there's no question in my mind he simply cleaned up at home. JMO

In my experience, to use a truck stop shower, you have to go up to the cashier and get a ticket and maybe a towel, if non-truck drivers are even allowed to use the showers. Again, in my experience, the showers can be more like a small room with a lockable door, with plenty of room and benches for a couple of people to get "frisky". This is one reason that their use would be restricted to Drivers only, so that a prostitute could not set up to do "business" out of the shower rooms. A legit truck stop, like TA, would keep a close eye on the shower areas for this reason.

Supposedly, Lizzy Borden used an ax, and did it in the nude, washing up afterward. With a jug of water in the car, CR could have done the same roadside. This would also explain the ear piece falling into his lap. It fell there while he was getting dressed in the car.

So I'm not the only one who thinks he's older than 24. He really doesn't look that young.

If he was going to lie about his age it seems he'd lie to say he was older, not younger. It would give him adult status. I think he may look older than 24 because for the last four years he's worked 12 hour days seven days a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500