IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone may have already answered this, but my understanding s that field corn is left to get a lot riper which means an extra month or two before harvesting. There are differences in the corn too, but I think that's the only difference that would make a field of sweet corn less desirable for his purposes. MOO
That's what I was thinking. He would know sweet corn would be harvested by now. The other would be months. I can kind of see him thinking in the back of mind, it will be months by the time they cut the corn, by that time there will be nothing left. Not consciously thinking, but rather just knowing.

For what it’s worth, the TA truck stop is the logical place to stop when entering or leaving Brooklyn. That’s what you would call the Brooklyn exit.
With digital footprints east and south of Brooklyn though, you'd think they'd want to keep Pilot route covered. Maybe they did have black malibu on radar already, and it was on the TA's film?

I think someone may have already answered this, but my understanding s that field corn is left to get a lot riper which means an extra month or two before harvesting. There are differences in the corn too, but I think that's the only difference that would make a field of sweet corn less desirable for his purposes. MOO

Yeah, it's beyond mature. Dead yellow-brown stalks. Golden kernels. The drier the better. If you bring in wet corn it's worth less.

I got some sweet corn I didn't pick. Guess it is field corn now (hard and shriveled).

There are different varieties but I believe they have to do with yield - more bushels per acre and pest resistance. Otherwise corn is corn is corn.

In Ireland 'corn' means grain generically.

And that is far more than you ever wanted to know about corn.

Yeah, it is an unmistakable smell, and even if you have never smelled death before, you know what it is when you do. And you do not have to be right on it to smell it.

This map should have all the relevant locations and routes.

The route that he took between leaving work and snatching Mollie from the street is not a mystery. The route that he took between 1900 (arrest warrant address), police map locations, and body site, is not a mystery either.

He took the backroads.

Granted: 'knee high by the 4th of July' means by the 17th it may only be should high or a little more. Tender sharp thinner dark green leaves. Even so, try walking into a cornfield 20 meters and not lose your bearings. Especially given he was moving around breaking stalks and covering her up. He must have "known" his north, south, east, west very well.

Likely stayed with the row. Wasn't it dark? So he had to remain in fidelity to that one row. Otherwise yeah, I would not want to be disoriented in a field.

What was the moon that night?

I have lived in Iowa my entire life and I cannot for the life of me remember ever seeing vultures. And I have seen plenty of roadkill over the years.

Seriously?

I got hundreds of vultures. I tell my wife she needs a shower because the buzzards are circling. You can see I get alot of dates. Vultures always flying overhead.

Vultures everywhere. Ugly too. And then they gather to chomp on roadkill. UGLY! And don't hit one, cause they are big.

Yeah, it's beyond mature. Dead yellow-brown stalks. Golden kernels. The drier the better. If you bring in wet corn it's worth less.

I got some sweet corn I didn't pick. Guess it is field corn now (hard and shriveled). There are different varieties but I believe they have to do with yield - more bushels per acre and pest resistance. Otherwise corn is corn is corn.

In Ireland 'corn' means grain generically.

And that is far more than you ever wanted to know about corn.

So there are corn varieties, including Irish!

What does this have to do with Mollie? Can the Irish corn be planted in really narrow rows, or is that dependant on the machine that plants the seeds?

Does the distance between corn rows have anything to do with Mollie's death? Like maybe if the corn plants weren't planted so close together, she'd be alive?

I want to go back to words the suspect uses. People who are suspected of lying and murder have a thin thread of truth in what they are saying.
Lets look at some of his words:
Earbud lap
jogging with her
U-turn
she grabbed her phone
blocked out
he chased her
looked down
he attacked her
remembered she was in the trunk
pulled up behind her
until he came to at an intersection

Is he lying? I say yes. But, how much is a "thread" of truth. The words us humans pick don't come out of a vacuum. They are words the mind chooses because we each have our own internal dictionaries. The link I am going to attach I think is astounding.

I can't leave a link, so google:

Analyst Kaaryn Gough

She teaches how we have leakage when talking.

Last edited:
So there are corn varieties, including Irish!

What does this have to do with Mollie? Can the Irish corn be planted in really narrow rows, or is that dependant on the machine that plants the seeds?

Does the distance between corn rows have anything to do with Mollie's death? Like maybe if the corn plants weren't planted so close together, she'd be alive?
Ignore the 'Irish remark'.

My only point is that during the famine (which is why we are here in Iowa) 'corn' is grain covering all cereal grains in Ireland. Ignore it.

Someone got irritated. :)

Seriously?

I got hundreds of vultures. I tell my wife she needs a shower because the buzzards are circling. You can see I get alot of dates. Vultures always flying overhead.

Vultures everywhere. Ugly too. And then they gather to chomp on roadkill. UGLY! And don't hit one, cause they are big.

In Iowa?

Like ravens?

Ignore the 'Irish remark'.

My only point is that during the famine (which is why we are here in Iowa) 'corn' is grain covering all cereal grains in Ireland. Ignore it.

Someone got irritated. :)

Apologies - such a slow thinker. I'm familiar with the potato famine.

Got it.

Was that 1912?

With digital footprints east and south of Brooklyn though, you'd think they'd want to keep Pilot route covered. Maybe they did have black malibu on radar already, and it was on the TA's film?

If he went to a truck stop, I think it was before he met Mollie. Borrow a car, head out to truck stop to put in some gas. Maybe grab some chicken and jojos from the deli counter. Head back to town to cruise and see what's happening with las chicas.

I want to go back to words the suspect uses. People who are suspected of lying and murder have a thin thread of truth in what they are saying.
Lets look at some of his words:
Earbud lap
jogging with her
U-turn
she grabbed her phone
blocked out
he chased her
looked down
he attacked her
remembered she was in the trunk
pulled up behind her
until he came to at an intersection

Is he lying? I say yes. But, how much is a "thread" of truth. The words us humans pick don't come out of a vacuum. They are words the mind chooses because we each have our own internal dictionaries. The link I am going to attach I think is astounding.

http://******************.blogspot.com/2013/04/melinda-duckett-******************-of.html
http://******************.blogspot.com/2013/04/melinda-duckett-******************-of.html
Words have meaning. Words tell us something. Words matter. But so does evidence. And the evidence will tell us that that this guy is guilty, no matter what his words say.

There is certainly some truth in his words, as well as his lies. Most of those are self serving though. I’ve done some reading on linguistic forensics, and you’re right, it is fascinating.

No, it has to do with the fact that his knowing she likely wouldn't be found till November seemed like a good choice to him. Edited.. I have no idea how this reply ended up here, it was in response to Otto's question about the corn

IDK if this was covered, but newspapers are saying the funds for Ms Tibbetts will be returned.

That has to be difficult. I think it means that the Tibbetts and their relatives are all good honest people.

I have been nothing but impressed with the Tibbetts and the Calderwoods. They maintained equanimity thru this entire ordeal. And her BF too. Have no idea how they held it together. But I have nothing but the deepest admiration for them.

Maybe now is not the time to say it, but they are admirable people. It is terribly sad when bad things happen to good people. Really tests your faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny