Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience working in a CPAs office, we never saw any clients that didn't want to pay thier share of employment taxes (and for worker's comp insurance in some states) keep two sets of books. Of course we probably wouldn't because no CPA that valued his license would take a client that did that. Most clients we had that didn't want to pay thier share of empoyment taxes etc. paid the person as an independent contractor. Misclassifying an employee would probably not land you in jail like tax fraud would if you got caught in an audit. (assuming they were totally misclassifying the labor expense as supplies or something) In that case you 1099 the "independent contractor" and shift the expense to him.

All I know is that YF had a visit from HS/ICE which has stepped up audits in Iowa.
AccuImage: Iowa Coed Murder and Surge in ICE I 9 Audits Signify That Employers Need HR Documents in Order

I hope this doesn't get me a time-out but it's a true story. A few years back, my then fiance' took me to his county fair, he was raised on a farm, so the animal barns were a must see. Well I spotted a "huge" one and said to my man, "look at the hooters on that cow", and he said "that's not a cow, it's a bull".

Every old farmer within earshot got their laugh for the week at my expense. I am a city girl needless to say.

Please no timeout MODS. :):):) I'll do better.:oops:
Taxi for one 'city girl'.

And the court believes he has no money from working the last 4 years?

He lived for free, paid no child support and only had 270 for a car

Where did all his money go?

He doesn’t claim the last 12 months income

That whole affidavit is incorrect, don’t know how the judge let it pass
A car? How is it that he owns a car but it is registered to someone else?

I think his status as an 'illegal immigrant' has something to do with it; if Mollie had called the police; CR would have been detained; deported; he wouldn't be able to see his daughter. Would a jury be 'sympathetic', on what we know, 'No', but with 'medical evidence' maybe.

I could be wrong but I can’t see a jury being sympathetic toward murder over a fear of deportation any more than they would toward someone who murders to prevent getting captured on an outstanding arrest warrant.

Just posting this quote as it contains a bit more information than was written in the affidavit.

“....He actually tells us that he ran alongside of her or behind her," said Rick Rahn, special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation during a news conference on Tuesday. "And then, at one point, he tells us that Mollie grabbed ahold of her phone and said, 'You need to leave me alone. I'm going to call the police.' And then, she took off running and he, in turn, chased her down."...”
Missing Iowa student told man who followed her she would call police - CNN

Yeah and even if has prior evidence he blocks his memory when he gets angry would a jury be sympathetic? I doubt it, it’d only prove a history of a loose cannon with an out of control temper. Anger is not justified over Mollie asking him to leave her alone or she’d call police, whether he blocked out what he did or not.

I don't think anyone has said anywhere that he was justified in murdering her. What they're looking at with the "blocking memories", I believe, is when this happens (if it does) is he capable of actually premeditating his actions, or is it something more like roid rage where the person just goes from 0 to 60 in a second? If during those times a person has no impulse control, he doesn't plan to do the damage he does, but he's still responsible for the damage done. If he was really just trying to harass her, but lost it when she mentioned calling police, he'd still be responsible for her death, but would it be premeditated if that wasn't why he was there? I'm not sure how much difference it would really make if he'd get life for 1st degree and possibly 50 years for 2nd degree, but I also know that many/most? people would hate to see him get convicted of 2nd degree and be out on parole in 10-15 years. Dig deep and you might be able to find whatever my point was in writing this, or maybe not. MOO

I don't think anyone has said anywhere that he was justified in murdering her. What they're looking at with the "blocking memories", I believe, is when this happens (if it does) is he capable of actually premeditating his actions, or is it something more like roid rage where the person just goes from 0 to 60 in a second? If during those times a person has no impulse control, he doesn't plan to do the damage he does, but he's still responsible for the damage done. If he was really just trying to harass her, but lost it when she mentioned calling police, he'd still be responsible for her death, but would it be premeditated if that wasn't why he was there? I'm not sure how much difference it would really make if he'd get life for 1st degree and possibly 50 years for 2nd degree, but I also know that many/most? people would hate to see him get convicted of 2nd degree and be out on parole in 10-15 years. Dig deep and you might be able to find whatever my point was in writing this, or maybe not. MOO

Yes I agree, the difference is all about “intent” regarding 1st degree murder. If diminished capacity can be proven, then he can’t be convicted of 1st degree murder and a jury would be considering lesser charges.

The Iowa sentence for 2nd degree murder is 50 years, but possible eligibility at 70% of time served.

ETA. To clarify, by a “sympathetic jury” I’m referring a jury not convicting him for what he’s formally charged with, 1st degree murder.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I can’t see a jury being sympathetic toward murder over a fear of deportation any more than they would toward someone who murders to prevent getting captured on an outstanding arrest warrant.

Just posting this quote as it contains a bit more information than was written in the affidavit.

“....He actually tells us that he ran alongside of her or behind her," said Rick Rahn, special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation during a news conference on Tuesday. "And then, at one point, he tells us that Mollie grabbed ahold of her phone and said, 'You need to leave me alone. I'm going to call the police.' And then, she took off running and he, in turn, chased her down."...”
Missing Iowa student told man who followed her she would call police - CNN
Even in that quote, there's some doubt; did he run 'behind her or beside her'? Those are two different things; they pose different threats.

A car? How is it that he owns a car but it is registered to someone else?

He could have been buying if from the farm, a surplus vehicle. Like a "tote the note" lot they pay the title, tax and licence, hold the title in their name, give him a signed purchase agreement and a written authorization to use the car to show to LE. The employer takes a deduction from every paycheck to cover $270/month. If he runs off with the car, it is a stolen vehicle, the Farm's insurance may cover the loss and he has an arrest warrant out against JB. One fake ID fried, and a hot car in somebody(s)' else's name.

Even in that quote, there's some doubt; did he run 'behind her or beside her'? Those are two different things; they pose different threats.
He said both. First behind her and then beside her. I'm thinking he ran behind her until he caught up and then started bugging her as he was running beside her. MOO

He could have been buying if from the farm, a surplus vehicle. Like a "tote the note" lot they pay the title, tax and licence, hold the title in their name, give him a signed purchase agreement and a written authorization to use the car to show to LE. The employer takes a deduction from every paycheck to cover $270/month. If he runs off with the car, it is a stolen vehicle, the Farms insurance may cover the loss and he has an arrest warrant out against JB. One fake ID fried, and a hot car in somebody(s)' else's name.
Or he could have been buying the Nissan but used the Malibu for that. MOO

I think his status as an 'illegal immigrant' has something to do with it; if Mollie had called the police; CR would have been detained; deported; he wouldn't be able to see his daughter. Would a jury be 'sympathetic', on what we know, 'No', but with 'medical evidence' maybe.

IMO, him being an illegal alien with medical evidence of diminished capacity won't provide any more sympathy than if he was an American citizen.

He could have been buying if from the farm, a surplus vehicle. Like a "tote the note" lot they pay the title, tax and licence, hold the title in their name, give him a signed purchase agreement and a written authorization to use the car to show to LE. The employer takes a deduction from every paycheck to cover $270/month. If he runs off with the car, it is a stolen vehicle, the Farms insurance may cover the loss and he has an arrest warrant out against JB. One fake ID fried, and a hot car in somebody(s)' else's name.

or he purchases the car at any tote the note place and cruses threw a shopping parking lot and finds a look a like car and poof he has tags for his car. in my area it is common for someone to steal a plate that is in date and put just any old plate on the car they stole the good plates from. if the tags are missing you tend to notice that, I drove on tags someone else had traded with me, unknown to me, and even put my new sticker on when I renewed. it got called to my attention but I had had the wrong tags for at least 11 months before a state trooper pointed it out to me.

It is a DAIRY farm. What chemicals could there possibly be in that environment that your children can't be exposed to in their milk.

Including the disinfectant used on the cow's teats before the milking machine is applied, which is likely the most toxic thing State Health Inspectors would allow at a Dairy.

Oh, I'm sure, in today's day and age, there's a plethora of harmful chemicals used in dairies that we're unaware of, especially when you have to think of the other things that are done there.

Far be it for lil ole me to possibly help his attorneys by listing them here and doing their dirty work for them.:)

I enjoyed your story.

No, I was calling BS on the "helped bulls fornicate" defense, not your story...
Because there have been such awesome OTHER defenses, right?

"If it doesn't fit, you MUST acquit.":rolleyes:

(I was actually joking... sorta... kinda, with the "bull fornication" thing. Don't put anything past anyone though. Ever.)

Does the actual time COD injuries (sharp force injuries) happened, matter at all?

CR after seeing earbud in his lap + remembrance of body in trunk? (Because the head bleeding is not COD according to ME preliminary report) when he noticed head had blood on it when he took her out of the trunk. He remembered this right ..”oh there’s a body in my trunk” something to that effect.
COD sharp force injuries is not included in blocked memory part of his story. Or he would have said that. Or did he just not notice, She had sports bra on, blood or bleeding would have been there for him to also see. I took her out of trunk and she was bleeding from her head , chest, and stomach.
When did COD injuries happen?
Memory no longer blocked so he drives to 200 and 460, He takes her out of trunk, He dragged her then carried her over the shoulder into cornfield still not noticing the blood on her chest and abdomen?
Then COD injuries happened when he was not blocked in the cornfield when he placed her body face up? Not during blocked period, not in the trunk, not when he carried her over his shoulder but when he put her bodydown from over his shoulder, face up in cornfield.

Multiple sharp force injuries
The Iowa State Medical Examiner conducted an autopsy on the body believed to be Mollie Tibbetts on August 22nd. It was determined that the body was, in fact, the missing college student. The manner of death was preliminarily determined to be homicide resulting from multiple sharp force injuries.
Sharp force injuries are characterized by a well-defined traumatic separation of tissues, occurring when a sharp-edged or pointed object comes into contact with the skin and underlying tissues. There are three types of sharp force injuries: stab wounds, incised wounds, and chop wounds.
A stab wound and chop wound are pretty self-explanatory. What is an incised wound?These types of wounds are caused by a clean, sharp-edged object such as a knife, box cutter, razor, metal, or glass splinter. An incised wound is usually longer than it is deep.
In contrast, stab wounds are sharp force injuries caused by a pointed instrument but the depth of the wound is greater than the length of the wound.

Mollie Tibbetts' Cause Of Death Released — And What Does 'Sharp Force Injury' Mean?

Does the actual time COD injuries (sharp force injuries) happened, matter at all?

CR after seeing earbud in his lap + remembrance of body in trunk? (Because the head bleeding is not COD according to ME preliminary report) when he noticed head had blood on it when he took her out of the trunk. He remembered this right ..”oh there’s a body in my trunk” something to that effect.
COD sharp force injuries is not included in blocked memory part of his story. Or he would have said that. Or did he just not notice, She had sports bra on, blood or bleeding would have been there for him to also see. I took her out of trunk and she was bleeding from her head , chest, and stomach.
When did COD injuries happen?
Memory no longer blocked so he drives to 200 and 460, He takes her out of trunk, He dragged her then carried her over the shoulder into cornfield still not noticing the blood on her chest and abdomen?
Then COD injuries happened when he was not blocked in the cornfield when he placed her body face up? Not during blocked period, not in the trunk, not when he carried her over his shoulder but when he put her bodydown from over his shoulder, face up in cornfield.

Multiple sharp force injuries
The Iowa State Medical Examiner conducted an autopsy on the body believed to be Mollie Tibbetts on August 22nd. It was determined that the body was, in fact, the missing college student. The manner of death was preliminarily determined to be homicide resulting from multiple sharp force injuries.
Sharp force injuries are characterized by a well-defined traumatic separation of tissues, occurring when a sharp-edged or pointed object comes into contact with the skin and underlying tissues. There are three types of sharp force injuries: stab wounds, incised wounds, and chop wounds.
A stab wound and chop wound are pretty self-explanatory. What is an incised wound?These types of wounds are caused by a clean, sharp-edged object such as a knife, box cutter, razor, metal, or glass splinter. An incised wound is usually longer than it is deep.
In contrast, stab wounds are sharp force injuries caused by a pointed instrument but the depth of the wound is greater than the length of the wound.

Mollie Tibbetts' Cause Of Death Released — And What Does 'Sharp Force Injury' Mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sshamrick2011