GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Mollie. You will never have a chance to graduate from college, your father will never walk you know the aisle on your wedding day, you will never be a mother. An extraordinary life was stolen from you. Although the verdict will not bring you back, I hope it gives your family, Dalton, all your loved one's some peace.

Is it typical to go down the jury one by one like that and ask each juror after the verdict or does that have to be requested?

I was on one jury for a criminal trial and we did not do that.
They do it on big cases. I think the defense asks to poll the jury. It is so if anyone felt bullied in the deliberations it is their chance to speak up and change their mind.

Was it strategic?

Listening to the presser right now and they are blaming (as did in trial etc) that they didn't show or transcribe the interview . Yet

#1) It was in spanish

#2) The defense fought TOOTH AND NAIL to keep it out due to improper Miranda.

....I do find interesting............

MOO

Cristhian Bahena Rivera convicted of murdering Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts
An Iowa jury on Friday convicted farmhand Cristhian Bahena Rivera of first-degree murder in the 2018 killing of college student Mollie Tibbetts.

The panel in Davenport deliberated for seven hours over two days before coming back with the verdict against Rivera, the 24-year-old Mexican national who led investigators to Tibbetts' body in a Brooklyn, Iowa, corn field nearly one month after she went jogging on July 18 and vanished.

The first-degree murder conviction, which carries a maximum penalty of life behind bars, didn't surprise MSNBC legal analyst Cynthia Alksne, a former federal prosecutor.

I have lost a son. I wish Mollie’s parents a truly deep full breath for the first time since That Day.

I wish Mollie a sky full of hand-crafted stars just for her tonight, with the most amazing view.
I hope my son gives her flowers and takes her to a truly Heavenly dinner.

Those are my mother thoughts as Justice, to the extent that there ever really is any, is finally delivered.
I am so sorry for the loss of your Son

Mr. Frese is full of BS when he says CBR was not coached with regard to his story on the stand, because they wanted him to be authentic and say it in his own words. He didn't say it in his own words! Mrs. Frese said it all for him!

I'm so happy there is finally justice for Mollie Tibbets and her family.
It won't bring her back but I hope it helps to ease her family's pain in some way. During this trial they had to re-live so many awful things.
My prayers are with them.
Rest In Peace Mollie Tibbets.
Chi 20210524_014153.jpg FB_IMG_1621492026181.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics