GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think CBR's definition of a date is different than ours.

I think it's quite possible he'd seen Mollie before that day. Running.

I think he planned this, intending to get her to stop.

He also came to that conversation with a weapon so talking isn't what he had in mind.

I think he stopped at a point she'd run past...

I think he disabled her fast, by plan or improvisation.

I do believe he was MAD.

I think Mollie resisted, fought back, broke free, was tackled. Over over over kill, he was IMO enraged. IMO he lost control -- he may have killed her before completing what he started. Desecrating her after death.

Which is why there are such glaring holes in his stories. Stories, plural.

I hope the jury recognizes him for what he is.

A man who belongs in prison.

LWOP+

JMO

In my mind if they don't come back today then they are giving pause to his fabricated story and I guess I don't want that to even enter his mind. A quick verdict would mean they didn't even entertain his claims because my him even saying all that they are taking them for fools (my opinion)

Not necessarily, If they return a quick verdict, will that give the defense ammunition to say the jury had their mind made up before they actually deliberated. I served only one time on a jury, believe me, we didn't want to rush to a guilty verdict, which was really apparent in a DUI case, because we didn't want to questioned on why we rushed to a decision.

I’m so nervous! When was the official start of jury deliberations?

I will say that while a quick verdict is usually good for the prosecution, some jurys like to go through the evidence and jury instructions piece by piece so they can be confident they did their job. Even if they all agree on their likely votes.

Not necessarily, If they return a quick verdict, will that give the defense ammunition to say the jury had their mind made up before they actually deliberated. I served only one time on a jury, believe me, we didn't want to rush to a guilty verdict, which was really apparent in a DUI case, because we didn't want to questioned on why we rushed to a decision.

Thanks for this reminder! I just feel that story he told was almost insulting to the jurors. He told that believing he could get someone to believe it. I hope none of them are duped. Before he testified I could see people being no sure if there could be another person involved, but after he said all that and THAT was their alternative consideration I feel it just made it easier for them.

After writing that last post I also considered maybe they are questioning 1st degree vs 2nd degree and not hung up on guilt at all.

No Verdict Watch label here? Sorry, just catching up. And sorry, @Bravo, that I was wrong about a verdict between 3 and 4 today when I was getting my vaccine! ;)

Let's hope the rerr jurrs (30 Rock fan, anyone?) get it right!
You tried. So I may have to resign to the fact that it will happen when I am unavailable tomorrow morning. Typically does.Glad u got your jab!

No, if the jury comes back fast, that is not grounds for appeal. The defense could TRY to raise it, but appellate courts don't want to hear it and really are loath to second guess jury motivations.

I'm just sitting here thinking about Mollie's parents, and how utterly meaningless the whole thing is. No matter what justice is served, they have to go on tomorrow without her, knowing what horrible things she experienced that night. It's been almost 4 years for them. I'm sure this trial has reopened wounds. I doubt they are laughing about ninjas, or are lounging back biting their fingernails, or worried about immigration issues and racism. I would guess they might be relieved to see the guilty person convicted and put away forever, but I wouldn't fault them for not getting much satisfaction out of this trial. JMO

Last edited:
I'm just sitting here thinking about Mollie's parents, and how utterly meaningless the whole thing is. No matter what justice is served, they have to go on tomorrow without her, knowing what horrible things she experienced that night. It's been almost 4 years for them. I'm sure this trial has reopened wounds. I doubt they are laughing about ninjas, or are lounging back biting their fingernails, or worried about immigration issues and racism. I would guess they might be happy to see the guilty person be convicted and put away forever, but I wouldn't fault them for not getting much satisfaction out of this trial. JMO

Yes, as the mom of a 20-year-old girl, I put myself in their shoes often, imagining this happening to my daughter, to my family, and my heart just breaks for them and the pain they have to be feeling :(.

I can’t count the times I got out of the shower and found masked people in my living room needing a ride to an abduction and murder. And I never mentioned it. You know, after I hid the body for them.

I’m so sorry that Mollie’s parents had to listen to this garbage.

Yes, as the mom of a 20-year-old girl, I put myself in their shoes often, imagining this happening to my daughter, to my family, and my heart just breaks for them and the pain they have to be feeling :(.
I literally cannot imagine the pain they must feel. To raise a beautiful daughter like Mollie, such a wonderful person. And to have her taken away in such a horrible fashion and for the most awful reason. I don't know what I would feel right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993