GUILTY IA - Natalie Finn, 16, starved to death, West Des Moines, 24 Oct 2016

SBM
Managing her what?!

According to Secretary of State records, Nicole Finn owns and operates a pet rescue organization out of her West Des Moines home. CARE Pet Rescue had several Go Fund Me campaigns requesting money to pay for animal care. A description of the organization on adoptapet.com says its mission is "to place dogs into loving homes, but also to educate dog owners about responsible pet ownership."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/12/10/court-documents-teen-siblings-were-tortured-parents/95249642/

The final witness in the Polk County case called Tuesday was a rebuttal witness called by the prosecution, who disputed testimony by a forensic psychologist who felt the mother of five suffered from dissociative thoughts.

Dr. James Dennert, a former behavioral health medical director at Mercy Medical Center, said there’s nothing in Finn’s history to suggest she had dissociative thoughts, or thoughts that separated from reality, before her adoptive daughter’s starvation death on Oct. 24, 2016.

Dennert said he reviewed a report by defense witness Dr. Carlo Giacomoni and other documents related to the case, as well as Nicole Finn’s medical history, and found no evidence she suffered from post-traumatic stress before Natalie’s death. He said he believes Nicole suffered from an adjustment disorder with depressive symptoms, not major depressive disorder as Giacomoni testified.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2017/12/12/nicole-finn-not-insane-when-she-killed-natalie-finn-confined-siblings-psychiatrist-testimony/944722001/

Kidnapping trial for father of Iowa girl who starved to death moved to April

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2017/12/29/kidnapping-trial-father-iowa-girl-who-starved-death-moved-april/990030001/

The first-degree kidnapping trial of Joseph Finn II has been moved to April 30.

Friday morning, Finn waived his right to a trial within one year of being charged in connection with the Oct. 24 starvation death of his daughter Natalie.

Finn has pleaded not guilty. He faces life in prison if convicted. His ex-wife Nicole was convicted Dec. 14 of first-degree murder and kidnapping. She faces mandatory life without parole when sentenced Jan. 24.

Nicole Finn asks for new trial in daughter's starvation death

Nicole Finn is asking a judge for a new trial and new lawyers before she is due to be sentenced Friday. She faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

In three handwritten motions mailed to the Polk County District Judge on Jan. 16, Finn requested a new trial, alleged that live video of the trial by a TV station had picked up confidential conversations between her and her attorneys and asked the court to appoint new lawyers before she is sentenced.

<snipped>

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...-trial-daughters-starvation-death/1059946001/

Father of starved teen Natalie Finn will enter plea next month

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2018/02/28/father-starved-teen-natalie-finn-enter-plea-next-month/382205002/

Joseph Finn II was scheduled to go to trial on April 30, but court documents filed Wednesday show a plea hearing has been scheduled for March 21. Finn previously entered a plea of not guilty.

The charges against Joseph Finn include three counts of first-degree kidnapping, one count of child endangerment resulting in death, three counts of child endangerment resulting in serious injury, and three counts of neglect or abandonment of a dependent person. The documents setting the plea hearing do not specify what charges he will plead to.

Joseph Finn pleads guilty to role in daughter's starvation death

A foster father pleaded guilty Wednesday to his role in keeping three of his children confined to a shared bedroom where one of them starved to death. He will serve a lesser sentence than his ex-wife, whom a jury convicted in the abuse last year.

Joseph Finn II, 47, admitted guilt Wednesday on three counts of assault while participating in a felony causing a serious injury, class C felonies punishable by up to 10 years in prison for each count.

The crimes carry mandatory prison time, but Finn will be allowed to argue that the sentences should run concurrently, rather than consecutively, when he is sentenced May 4.

Adoptive father said he "unfortunately bought into" picture painted by Natalie Finn's mother

During the plea hearing, Finn said he would be asked by his ex-wife Nicole Finn to help out with the kids—Natalie, M. Finn and J. Finn. While at the house, Finn said he seemed confused as to why the kids were acting the way they were, and was told by Nicole to remove the carpeting and put in linoleum flooring.

Finn said he "unfortunately bought into" the picture painted by Nicole about the actions of the children, and admitted to being manipulated by Nicole.

'I failed my children': Natalie Finn's father sentenced to 30 years in prison

"I failed my children as a parent when they needed me the most. And I have to live with that for the rest of my life," Finn said, promising to accept the court's punishment.

He also repeated what he said during his plea hearing: his ex-wife, Nicole Finn, "painted a picture of distrust and lies by the children" that he was manipulated into believing. Nicole Finn received three life sentences in January for her role in the death of their adopted daughter, 16-year-old Natalie Finn.

Judge Robert Hanson agreed with prosecutors, telling Finn "what I'm about to say is going to sound very harsh."

"I think you’re wallowing in self-pity. I think you’re a bit of a manipulator yourself, consciously or subconsciously," Hanson told Finn, saying he did not believe Finn has accepted responsibility for what happened to the children.

"You didn’t treat these kids as your children," Hanson said. "No parent would treat their children this way. You treated them as prisoners."

I don't think the judge bought the "I'm too stupid to see what's happening to these children" defense.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back