GUILTY IA - Nohema Graber, 66, HS teacher, beaten to death by students, Fairfield, Nov 2021 *arrests

This article says the two accused were her students, which supports my initial speculation about motive.

Not that this is ANY reason to kill a teacher, but the motive you mentioned seems plausible, especially since she was specifically a Spanish teacher, and in most cases, high school students are required to pass 2 years of a foreign language in order to graduate.

But there's also the possibility of a hate crime or a thrill killing as someone else mentioned. Either way, incredibly tragic.

MOO

Do we know she was their teacher? I had a homeroom Spanish teacher who was strict but she wasn't my Spanish teacher. Just wondering if these kids had an issue with a homeroom/study hall teacher vs their teacher? None the less, horrible ordeal! Prayers to her family.

Do we know she was their teacher? I had a homeroom Spanish teacher who was strict but she wasn't my Spanish teacher. Just wondering if these kids had an issue with a homeroom/study hall teacher vs their teacher? None the less, horrible ordeal! Prayers to her family.

The article I quoted in my reply said she taught the two Spanish.

Most likely he will no longer be smirking after being placed in general population ?
Imagine throwing the rest of your life away at their young age ?

This poor woman was beaten to death.
Why ?

Her family is more gracious than the young men deserve.
They've already said they forgive the perps.
Two 16-year-old students are arrested for allegedly killing high school Spanish teacher | Daily Mail Online

Yes, sadly they do.

Eta : Why the smirks in their mugshots ? :(
They do not look remorseful or repentant.
Given their youthful age, wonder if they'll be out by about 25-30 ?
My opinion is they'll still be a danger to society and should be locked up for the remainder of their lives.
Imo these teens have shown what they are capable of !
Sounds harsh to some; but Nohema's death was harsh.
MOO.
Both look like soulless sociopaths don’t they?

Sounds like the murder was about grades?

It's not like either of them seem like they were getting a full-ride scholarship to Stanford or Yale and a failing grade in Spanish was going to shut that down.

Ironically, if this is recorded as the motive, they will have the opportunity to learn a lot of very colorful Spanish words and phrases in prison that would not be taught in her classes.

It's time to turn your clocks back. Here's how to make it an easier transition

11/5/21

Sawyer Mast took her class last year.

"Not all of us liked Spanish two or three," Mast said. "It was a hard class. But she was, in reality, probably one of the best teachers we had because she held you to her standards, and that was good for her."

He's one of several students KCCI spoke to who knew Graber and the two students now charged with her murder: Jeremy Goodale, 16, and Willard "Chaiden" Miller, 16.

"Having known Chaiden, having him in my class, he did speak, not in a murderous way, but in a very aggressive way for dislike toward Ms. Graber," Mast said.

A couple of students told KCCI they heard an argument Tuesday afternoon about trying to get a grade up in Graber's class. Not long after that, police said that same student went to Chautauqua Park where Graber was known to go for walks.

[..]

According to court documents, Goodale posted details about planning the killing and a possible motive on social media. Police said they found clothing that appeared to have blood at the homes of the teens.

Court documents state Miller admitted to being at the park with Garber was killed and helped to conceal her death.

Assistant Jefferson County Attorney Patrick J. McAvan said Friday that many people are asking if this is a racially motivated crime. “We do not have any evidence at this point that suggests that,” he said.

Authorities have not released a motive.

Student charged in Iowa teacher's murder admitted he helped conceal her death, police say

11/6/21

In an interview, Miller told authorities he had been in the park at the time of the murder, provided "materials utilized in committing the murder," and helped conceal the crime, the documents said. He did not say he killed Graber.

[..]

Investigators also said an associate of Miller and Goodale provided them with social media messages in which Miller and Goodale wrote about specific details of Graber's disappearance and death.

"The details included, but were not limited to, the motive for killing Graber, the planning and execution of the means to kill Graber, as well as deliberate attempts to conceal the crime," court documents said.

The documents did not provide a possible motive.

Authorities said they then searched Goodale and Miller's houses and found clothes that appeared to have blood on them. A witness also told authorities they saw both Goodale and Miller in Chautauqua Park on Tuesday afternoon, according to court documents.

Inside brutal 'murder' of teacher as social media reveals 'plot' by students

11/5/21

TWO teenagers were arrested in connection with their teacher's murder after sharing "specific details" about her disappearance and death on social media.

Details included motive for allegedly killing Nohema Graber, the planning and execution, and "deliberate attempts" to conceal the crime, according to the criminal complaint reviewed by the US Sun.

[..]

Those social media exchanges led directly to the arrests of Jeremy Everett Goodale and Willard Noble Chaiden Miller, both 16, who will be tried as adults.

[..]

Police didn't release what exactly the social media exchanges said, but it was clear that they led officers to the two students.

[..]

Both look like *** soulless sociopaths don’t they?
Actually, to me, they don't. They look like typical teenagers, and that's what makes this even scarier. The boys next door.

I want to know more about these two. We need to learn from this horrific tragedy, so that maybe, just maybe, we can identify early predictors and possibly even prevent some of these unspeakable outcomes.

I don't think a kid randomly wakes up one day and plots to, and then murders their teacher without some predictive behavior throughout their life. I could be wrong of course, but I'd like to better understand these two, and understand how they got to this place.

Life will not be easy for them in prison, and nor it should be. They will pay for their horrific crime in many ways I am sure. As for our victim, Ms. Graber, I pray for comfort for her loved ones, and that the school and students honor her. Only special people are teachers, and the gift they give us lasts a lifetime. I know her students will never forget her.

Descansa en paz Profesora Graber.
Ahora los estudiantes de secundaria tienen un ángel especial mirándolos.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Actually, to me, they don't. They look like typical teenagers, and that's what makes this even scarier. The boys next door.

I want to know more about these two. We need to learn from this horrific tragedy, so that maybe, just maybe, we can identify early predictors and possibly even prevent some of these unspeakable outcomes.

I don't think a kid randomly wakes up one day and plots to, and then murders their teacher without some predictive behavior throughout their life. I could be wrong of course, but I'd like to better understand these two, and understand how they got to this place.

Life will not be easy for them in prison, and nor it should be. They will pay for their horrific crime in many ways I am sure. As for our victim, Ms. Graber, I pray for comfort for her loved ones, and that the school and students honor her. Only special people are teachers, and the gift they give us lasts a lifetime. I know her students will never forget her.

Descansa en paz Profesora Graber.
Ahora los estudiantes de secundaria tienen un ángel especial mirándolos.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Facial expressions say a lot. In this case, they have just been arrested for a brutal murder. Do their faces / eyes show any expression of despair, sadness, shame, remorse ? Anything? I don’t see any of that, I see coldness, apathy. Not to mention, a typical teenager wouldn’t do what they did. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley
Back