Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, neighbor reported X missing, Montezuma, 27 May 2021 #2

as much as I would like I do not believe that Xavior will ever receive justice! So I have committed Xavior Harrelson to my own honors and I will always honor him on his birthday, May 30, 2010,. Never forgotten! it is the least I can do to honor his beautiful smile and the sounds of his laughter! Gone but not forgotten!

as much as I would like I do not believe that Xavior will ever receive justice! So I have committed Xavior Harrelson to my own honors and I will always honor him on his birthday, May 30, 2010,. Never forgotten! it is the least I can do to honor his beautiful smile and the sounds of his laughter! Gone but not forgotten!
Just checking in again..no news, but loving you Xavior! Justice or not you are held dear!

There was a history of abuse where Xavior was removed from the home. So, that would even give credence to the ability to harm. I'm with you. Her abilities do not rule her out.
May 27 marks two years since Xavior went missing from the trailer he shared with his mother when SH says she heard him leave (but did not see him) when the doors chimed as he exited their home and vanished, leaving his trusted bicycle behind.

Yes, SH had a long history of low-level drug offenses (and endangering a child) throughout XH's life that were all resolved similarly to her last brush with the court-- suspended sentence and probation. To my knowledge, SH has never been ordered to serve jail time. IMO, the company SH kept was never good for her or for XH.

Without any crumbs by authorities regarding XH's cause of death or manner of death, I'm inclined to believe LE found no evidence of a fatal attack or injury to XH in the trailer. However, we also know that XH didn't move his own body to the soybean field where he decayed for months before being located.

Given nothing here but speculation, I think this was most likely an accidental drug-related death where two persons moved the young boy's body nearby --but never expected it would take so long for him to be discovered. Actually, I'm really at a loss about this sad case. JMO

May 27 marks two years since Xavior went missing from the trailer he shared with his mother when SH says she heard him leave (but did not see him) when the doors chimed as he exited their home and vanished, leaving his trusted bicycle behind.

Yes, SH had a long history of low-level drug offenses (and endangering a child) throughout XH's life that were all resolved similarly to her last brush with the court-- suspended sentence and probation. To my knowledge, SH has never been ordered to serve jail time. IMO, the company SH kept was never good for her or for XH.

Without any crumbs by authorities regarding XH's cause of death or manner of death, I'm inclined to believe LE found no evidence of a fatal attack or injury to XH in the trailer. However, we also know that XH didn't move his own body to the soybean field where he decayed for months before being located.

Given nothing here but speculation, I think this was most likely an accidental drug-related death where two persons moved the young boy's body nearby --but never expected it would take so long for him to be discovered. Actually, I'm really at a loss about this sad case. JMO
I really like your answer and think it may be true, but I really want the truth to come out. Was this an accidental overdose and she never heard the chime of the bell where her son left the trailer? Was the shouting heard by neighbors silenced by a an an accidental overdose or by a violent act? The LE have been very silent about their investigation and their discovery. I want answers only because I don’t want Xavior’s death to be unknown or not acknowledged, for some unknown reason his death, the videos of him laughing and interacting with his cousins struck me and I cannot let go of this and will always be hoping for justice for this boy that the community came together for! God ..I hate that I am crying as I write this….this case really affected me and I really hope that Xavior‘s death gets justice, but, again, I don’t think that will happen. So please say a prayer on May 27th when he went missing and say a prayer on May 30th which would have been his 13th birthday!

I really like your answer and think it may be true, but I really want the truth to come out. Was this an accidental overdose and she never heard the chime of the bell where her son left the trailer? Was the shouting heard by neighbors silenced by a an an accidental overdose or by a violent act? The LE have been very silent about their investigation and their discovery. I want answers only because I don’t want Xavior’s death to be unknown or not acknowledged, for some unknown reason his death, the videos of him laughing and interacting with his cousins struck me and I cannot let go of this and will always be hoping for justice for this boy that the community came together for! God ..I hate that I am crying as I write this….this case really affected me and I really hope that Xavior‘s death gets justice, but, again, I don’t think that will happen. So please say a prayer on May 27th when he went missing and say a prayer on May 30th which would have been his 13th birthday!
I saw your post about his birthday being here soon. I will be celebrating it with you. He's not forgotten!!! I truly believe his mom knows what happened. He was so close to home . Someone nearby did this . How nearby though ? I don't want it to be his mom.

I saw your post about his birthday being here soon. I will be celebrating it with you. He's not forgotten!!! I truly believe his mom knows what happened. He was so close to home . Someone nearby did this . How nearby though ? I don't want it to be his mom.
Thank you! Thinking of Xavior this past week has been hard! Never forgotten!

Xavior is very special to many of us and I check the news frequently to see if there have been any developments in his case. There are no new developments, but somehow I missed seeing the articles about a fundraiser to raise money for a headstone for his grave. It is heartwarming to see how much his community cares about him.

July 3, 2023

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG) - Early last month a Mahaska County woman Sherri Garrett started collecting cans to help pay for Xavior Harrelson’s headstone.

Now after weeks of collecting cans all across central Iowa she’s reached her goal and raised thousands of dollars along the way.

Even though she never met him Sherri Garrett raised around 25-hundred dollars from collecting cans.

What she’s raised, plus money raised by Xavior Harrelson’s grandmother, will get her to her $3,000 goal.

The money raised will be added to the initial $3,000 raised by the Harrelson’s to pay for the $6,000 headstone.

Sherri Garrett of Tri City Redemption “And like I said I don’t know Xavior and i could just tell that he’s a fine young man it’s too bad what happened to this boy and it just makes my heart feel good to know that I can do this for this child, for the community, and for the family.”

She says the headstone is expected to be in place by May.

Any funds that exceed the $3,000 needed for the headstone will be given to investigators to help solve the case of Harrelson’s death.

No arrests have been made, and no cause of death has been released in Harrelson’s death.

Anyone with information about Xavior can leave a tip at Electronic Tip Form | FBI

June 27, 2023

Iowans have donated nearly enough cans to fund a headstone for Xavior Harrelson, a 10-year-old who was found dead months after he went missing in 2021 and whose father could not afford the grave marker.

On June 2, Sherri Garrett posted in a Facebook group called Xavior Harrelson- Laying to rest our Bubbas, and said $3,000 was needed in order to place a headstone on his grave. Garrett owns and operates a can and bottle redemption center in Mahaska County, and pitched the idea of requesting can donations, with all the funds going to the cause.

Garrett first placed the trailer in Brooklyn on June 10. In just 16 days she has raised $2,400 — just a few hundred dollars short of her goal.

He "loved everything and everyone," his obituary said. "... He was thoughtful and courteous, always willing to open a door for people. Xavior was very outgoing and talkative, always trying to make people laugh. He was a light and joy in a dark world and will be missed deeply by all those who knew him."

"Everybody knows Xavior's story," said Jacob Rowley, owner of Junk Relief in Marshalltown, which donated two dumpsters in Marshall County for the cause. "His dad picked out a headstone, but that's $6,000 and they only had $3,000 so there was an additional $3,000 that needed to be raised, and I think we're getting pretty close."

Garrett said she has spent a lot of time in her car driving to various communities in Iowa to collect cans from people who wanted to donate. She's been to Newton, Montezuma, Brooklyn, Des Moines, Bloomfield and Ottumwa with her trailer to bring the cans back to her redemption center.

Xavior is very special to many of us and I check the news frequently to see if there have been any developments in his case. There are no new developments, but somehow I missed seeing the articles about a fundraiser to raise money for a headstone for his grave. It is heartwarming to see how much his community cares about him.

July 3, 2023

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG) - Early last month a Mahaska County woman Sherri Garrett started collecting cans to help pay for Xavior Harrelson’s headstone.

Now after weeks of collecting cans all across central Iowa she’s reached her goal and raised thousands of dollars along the way.

Even though she never met him Sherri Garrett raised around 25-hundred dollars from collecting cans.

What she’s raised, plus money raised by Xavior Harrelson’s grandmother, will get her to her $3,000 goal.

The money raised will be added to the initial $3,000 raised by the Harrelson’s to pay for the $6,000 headstone.

Sherri Garrett of Tri City Redemption “And like I said I don’t know Xavior and i could just tell that he’s a fine young man it’s too bad what happened to this boy and it just makes my heart feel good to know that I can do this for this child, for the community, and for the family.”

She says the headstone is expected to be in place by May.

Any funds that exceed the $3,000 needed for the headstone will be given to investigators to help solve the case of Harrelson’s death.

No arrests have been made, and no cause of death has been released in Harrelson’s death.

Anyone with information about Xavior can leave a tip at Electronic Tip Form | FBI

June 27, 2023

Iowans have donated nearly enough cans to fund a headstone for Xavior Harrelson, a 10-year-old who was found dead months after he went missing in 2021 and whose father could not afford the grave marker.

On June 2, Sherri Garrett posted in a Facebook group called Xavior Harrelson- Laying to rest our Bubbas, and said $3,000 was needed in order to place a headstone on his grave. Garrett owns and operates a can and bottle redemption center in Mahaska County, and pitched the idea of requesting can donations, with all the funds going to the cause.

Garrett first placed the trailer in Brooklyn on June 10. In just 16 days she has raised $2,400 — just a few hundred dollars short of her goal.

He "loved everything and everyone," his obituary said. "... He was thoughtful and courteous, always willing to open a door for people. Xavior was very outgoing and talkative, always trying to make people laugh. He was a light and joy in a dark world and will be missed deeply by all those who knew him."

"Everybody knows Xavior's story," said Jacob Rowley, owner of Junk Relief in Marshalltown, which donated two dumpsters in Marshall County for the cause. "His dad picked out a headstone, but that's $6,000 and they only had $3,000 so there was an additional $3,000 that needed to be raised, and I think we're getting pretty close."

Garrett said she has spent a lot of time in her car driving to various communities in Iowa to collect cans from people who wanted to donate. She's been to Newton, Montezuma, Brooklyn, Des Moines, Bloomfield and Ottumwa with her trailer to bring the cans back to her redemption center.

Thank you for sharing this! This community is beautiful!

I believe the headstone is to be laid in May…so glad the funds were raised and that the headstone will be in place around the birthdate of Xavior. May the family know that Xavior touched us and that his laughter and the love he felt surrounded by his family is precious! The videos of his interactions with his family is priceless! He is loved by so many and may you know that he is forever in our our hearts!

I'm waiting for justice. I hate that he seems forgotten. I hope dad is staying on police to solve. Sqeaky wheel thing.

Sadly, it's a fact that drug sales/use followed XH's mother. Until authorities release XH's cause of death, all we have here is speculation but I continue to think the child's death accidental and most likely involved drugs.

Also, I don't think the case is forgotten. I believe this is a situation where it was long ago implied the community was not at risk of a random child killer on the loose, and where prosecutors know they only get one bite at the apple, and they still don't have sufficient evidence to prevail.

We know reward money didn't prove an incentive for anybody to talk. Seems loyalty here runs grave deep. IMO, no matter how you look at it, there are no winners here. :(

Last edited:
I believe the headstone is to be laid in May…so glad the funds were raised and that the headstone will be in place around the birthdate of Xavior. May the family know that Xavior touched us and that his laughter and the love he felt surrounded by his family is precious! The videos of his interactions with his family is priceless! He is loved by so many and may you know that he is forever in our our hearts!
Reportedly, the headstone was ordered!

After cans flooded in to the multiple drop-off locations the fundraising goal was not only met, but exceeded expectations.

In a post on the Xavior Harrelson Facebook group, the extra funds raised will be used to build a monument in Xavior’s honor. A donation will also be made to Total Choice in Grinnell and Joice with Molly’s Movement as a thank you for aiding the family in the search for Xavior, the post states.
7/6/2023

I am going to follow this until justice is served! Xavior and his family deserve our attention! I keep seeing his happy smiles in the videos with his cousins and this was/is a child that was loved! He deserved to live a long life but that was taken from him. Xavior we will find who did this to you!Not giving up…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back