Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, neighbor reported X missing, Montezuma, 27 May 2021 #2

I am going to follow this until justice is served! Xavior and his family deserve our attention! I keep seeing his happy smiles in the videos with his cousins and this was/is a child that was loved! He deserved to live a long life but that was taken from him. Xavior we will find who did this to you!Not giving up…

Oct 1, 2023

MONTEZUMA, Iowa —
Saturday marked two years since Xavior Harrelson's remains were found.

Xavior Harrelson was reported missing on May 27, 2021. The 10-year-old vanished from the mobile home where he lived with his mother, Sarah Harrelson.

Community members came together to help search for the missing boy. Months after Xavior's disappearance, the community raised more than $35,000 dollars through vigils, fundraisers and a benefit concert. The hope was that someone with information would come forward.

On Sept. 30, 2021, Xavior's remains were found by a farmer a few miles north of Montezuma.

There have been no arrests or suspects identified and no cause of death has been released.

:(:(

Oct 1, 2023

MONTEZUMA, Iowa —
Saturday marked two years since Xavior Harrelson's remains were found.

Xavior Harrelson was reported missing on May 27, 2021. The 10-year-old vanished from the mobile home where he lived with his mother, Sarah Harrelson.

Community members came together to help search for the missing boy. Months after Xavior's disappearance, the community raised more than $35,000 dollars through vigils, fundraisers and a benefit concert. The hope was that someone with information would come forward.

On Sept. 30, 2021, Xavior's remains were found by a farmer a few miles north of Montezuma.

There have been no arrests or suspects identified and no cause of death has been released.

:(:(
Thank you!

Recently, we've told you about how authorities in Missouri handle missing child cases, and the criteria needed to issue child abduction alerts, also known as AMBER Alerts.

In Iowa, the conversation over the use of the AMBER Alert system came to the forefront after the 2021 disappearance, and later the discovery of the remains of 10-year-old Xavior Harrelson in Montezuma, Iowa, just days before his eleventh birthday.

Since his disappearance, Harrelson's family wanted to see those AMBER Alert requirements change.

State officials said there would be no change, because the guidelines are federally mandated, and all of them must be met for an alert to be sent.

Recently, we've told you about how authorities in Missouri handle missing child cases, and the criteria needed to issue child abduction alerts, also known as AMBER Alerts.

In Iowa, the conversation over the use of the AMBER Alert system came to the forefront after the 2021 disappearance, and later the discovery of the remains of 10-year-old Xavior Harrelson in Montezuma, Iowa, just days before his eleventh birthday.

Since his disappearance, Harrelson's family wanted to see those AMBER Alert requirements change.

State officials said there would be no change, because the guidelines are federally mandated, and all of them must be met for an alert to be sent.

I understand that a fractured family might feel this way (non-custodial dad living miles away and feeling helpless) but I really don't think an amber alert would have made any difference here. His own mother delayed reporting him missing so another local parent alerted police that Xavior allegedly walked out the door, left his trusted bicycle behind, and failed to return home. In this close knit, rural community, everybody came out looking for a child that became the town's son while the mother packed up and moved away. #RIP young man.

His own mother didn’t report him missing….this is heartbreaking and is why I follow this case. i feel for his dad and his family who have been there, searching for justice. Love the memorial and the grave stone…so beautiful

His own mother didn’t report him missing….this is heartbreaking and is why I follow this case. i feel for his dad and his family who have been there, searching for justice. Love the memorial and the grave stone…so beautiful

This March will mark one year down and one year to go of the two years probation as part of SH's plea agreement for a 10 year suspended sentence for distributing meth.

My hope is that every day of monitored clean/sobriety will contribute to improving SH's physical and mental health, and where one day she'll be able to answer questions about what happened in their home the night/early morning that XH vanished.

Given DCI/local LE have never revealed XH's cause of death, all we can do is speculate. JMO

This is a case where if the details come to light among people with resources, the ramifications will matter. Neither of the parents in this case came to bat, so here we are, which renders empathetic people angry and ready to sound alarms. Let’s air this case far and wide. Let‘s talk about what happens when disastrous conditions converge.

This is a case where if the details come to light among people with resources, the ramifications will matter. Neither of the parents in this case came to bat, so here we are, which renders empathetic people angry and ready to sound alarms. Let’s air this case far and wide. Let‘s talk about what happens when disastrous conditions converge.
Wow! Not sure about the comment that neither of the parents came to bat? What are you actually referring to?

Wow! Not sure about the comment that neither of the parents came to bat? What are you actually referring to?
To caradana: I am sorry, my comment was a bit harsh.I appreciate your thoughts and will look to see how it all fits in when this case is solved. I am really sensitive when innocent kids are murdered and this one was especially hard due to his age and age of my grandchild being similar. May this case get solved for all who care about Xavior! Wish LE would provide some updates!

Nothing new but bumping to all that we are all still here…someday truth will be told..feel sure that this will happen. Maybe a cold case that is solved long after I am here and technology advances but have to believe that whomever did this to this innocent will be held accountable!

Nothing new but bumping to all that we are all still here…someday truth will be told..feel sure that this will happen. Maybe a cold case that is solved long after I am here and technology advances but have to believe that whomever did this to this innocent will be held accountable!
If there is aaaany DNA, othram can handle it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back