ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not supposed to (Police Academy 101 and 102). BUT, in this case, the officers specifically state that BCK was speeding and, especially tailgating - both things are cause to be pulled over.

That's why only dumb criminals speed and tailgate.
True they are not supposed to, but I know of instances, locally anyway, where the LE in my area have done so. I think there are some LE who just do as they please. ETA: They will just make up a reason, such as, "this vehicle fits the description of.... fill in the blank".... How do I know this, when I had my Camaro LE liked to follow me for no reason, and more than once pulled me over for no reason... I was just a very boring gal in my 40's at the time, never had a speeding ticket, but my car attracted attention apparently, or the place I had been at attracted attention and so pulled me over as I was leaving (out to see live music), LE figured they would just do whatever....

Is it all coming from NN? Is Fox basically the same thing, now, as NN?

I doubt there will be a named source any time soon, but my own intuition says this story is the right one. InSP knew what they were doing and FBI was involved. I am betting. I'll bet a week's groceries.
And they aren't going to officially admit it!

Another thing that seems off to me about the FBI coordinating the Indiana traffic stops is they were done by two different agencies. Why would the FBI do that? Why make things more complicated?
The Hancock County Sheriff’s Department confirmed Kohberger was pulled over by a deputy at around 10:41 a.m. on Dec. 15 for following too closely. He was given a verbal warning.

Indiana State Police then confirmed that Kohberger was pulled over less than 10 minutes later at approximately 10:50 a.m. for speeding. The trooper, having learned Kohberger was just stopped minutes before by a deputy from Hancock County, “used his discretion and released the two men with a verbal warning,” state police said.

<modsnip: quoted post removed>

Yes but watch closely to the officers wrist "watch" that I believe has a camera in it. But of course I'm also one of the ones on board with the traffic stops being more of a look-and-see type stop. While I'm at it. I also think BCK needs a xray of his hands to rule out anything that could be lodged inside or to just make sure he's healing nicely.
Yes, at first I couldn't figure out why he kept his arm across like that but it really appears to be a smart/camera watch. It's also interesting how the officer held up the license in front of both the watch and the body cam at times and that BK took back his driver's license with his left hand.

If it’s true that the FBI instigated the traffic stops by the ISP, I will be blown away.

I cannot conceive of them allowing a single officer to lean into a passenger side window with an unpredictable suspect who’s already committed a mass murder.

To see Bryan’s hands? They couldn’t wait another little while until they had him
in custody in Pennsylvania?

Or, if they wanted to see if Bryan’s hands were injured, why not stop the car in a state nearer to the beginning of their cross-country trip?
Unless Bryan didn’t commit any minor traffic infractions prior to reaching Indiana, and then he had two infractions?

If it’s true then it’s true, but again I cannot fathom how they would allow an unaccompanied officer to do a traffic stop on this guy.

ETA:
Even if it was necessary for an officer to be on the passenger side due to traffic on the driver's side, LE typically would hover nearer the rear of the car, with hand on holster in case there is trouble, and ESPECIALLY when the subject is known to be violent, NEVER ALONE!

JMO
I am literally shocked and disappointed, if this is true.

How can they justify sending lone officers to that car? They had no idea what BK's mindset was at the time. Or if he had a gun under the seat or not.

It wasn't a false traffic stop. Where are you finding that?

It probably won't be needed at trial, as by now, they have better, forensic evidence about his hands or whatever it is.

I bet they do have dash cam evidence of speeding and tailgating. .And I wonder if he slowed down right away when they hit the lights. Also, he doesn't know how to properly remove his car from traffic flow on an interstate. Tsk.

I just don't think any of this will appear at trial. There are 10 other ways to convict him without getting down into the weeds. Forensic examination will show whatever injuries there are, even if they appear healed in ordinary light to the naked eye.

I believe BK knows perfectly well how to properly remove his car from traffic when being pulled over by LE. That's why he made sure not to leave room on the traffic side for a cop to safely approach from the driver's side. He did it on purpose. MOO

If the FBI had troopers pull over BK to gather incriminating evidence would there have to be proof that the stop was for a traffic infraction?

In other words can police pull someone over without cause to see if they can discover evidence to be used against them at a future trial?

It’s called a Whisper Stop. Feds ask locals to find an infraction to stop someone. Crossed center line, speeding, follow to close, failure to use signal changing lanes, etc. So there is ultimately a violation to stop them. Sort of a gray area but not technically illegal since they do find an infraction. Maybe Indiana state/locals just didn’t want to admit to participating. MOO

Source: Spouse is a Federal Agent and told me about Whisper Stops, but he is not directly involved with this case.

It wasn't a false traffic stop. Where are you finding that?

It probably won't be needed at trial, as by now, they have better, forensic evidence about his hands or whatever it is.

I bet they do have dash cam evidence of speeding and tailgating. .And I wonder if he slowed down right away when they hit the lights. Also, he doesn't know how to properly remove his car from traffic flow on an interstate. Tsk.

I just don't think any of this will appear at trial. There are 10 other ways to convict him without getting down into the weeds. Forensic examination will show whatever injuries there are, even if they appear healed in ordinary light to the naked eye.
Then there's no problem.

It’s called a Whisper Stop. Feds ask locals to find an infraction to stop someone. Crossed center line, speeding, follow to close, failure to use signal changing lanes, etc. So there is ultimately a violation to stop them. Sort of a gray area but not technically illegal since they do find an infraction. Maybe Indiana state/locals just didn’t want to admit to participating. MOO

Source: Spouse is a Federal Agent and told me about Whisper Stops, but he is not directly involved with this case.
The FBI is not calling the shots in this case. They do in federal offenses, but this is Idaho's case. The FBI was assisting Idaho, not running the investigation. I bet anything those federal cases were likely drugs too.

I've seen him reported as 6 feet tall.

Both of these links describe him as 6 foot and 185 pounds. I assume from booking records but not sure. MOO
he looks every bit of 6 185 imo. His forearms were well defined <modsnip>. Also those jail shoes are like walking barefoot. In boots he'd look 6.2

Last edited by a moderator:
What I'm wondering is if any incriminating evidence found during these traffic stops is admissible at trial?

Can police detain someone for a false traffic stop to search for evidence? Seems like it could be a problem to me.

If however the police have dash cam evidence of speeding and tailgating can any incriminating evidence captured on their body cams be allowed at trial?

I'm not sure about this so I'm asking.
It would be a great reason to file and get a motion to suppress granted on any evidence collected. So I doubt they would collect any evidence without probable cause.

So the LE in Indiana got lucky with the suspects driving infractions happening right in front of them so they could comply with the FBI's request for a traffic stop. JMO.

OMG, NO WAY!!!!!!! I know it's been discussed a LOT, and several things said, I thought could have been possible, but never in a million years would I ever think that it could actually be spot on!!

I am speechless!! However, at the same time I'm also skeptical. I think I want more definitive proof (no idea what that could even consist of) or more something before i am convinced 100%.
They are not spot on. Sources are not reliable. I have posted links from ABC news with direct quotes from Indiana LE saying they had no info on Brian or his car when the stops were made. Why is everyone so eager to believe unnamed sources but ignore direct quotes. I have posted the link so many times that I think I broke the copy and paste function on my phone. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74