ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting way to spend a day with the flu. Probably safe to say this won't go down again.
Get well soon, @isabella88 !

Glad the prisoner transport was uneventful.

All of this attention ... is KB loving it ?
Ugh.
That will change if he's convicted, locked up, and the key thrown away ...
Years to sit and think about his life choices.

When did the rot set in ?
For how long has he made unwise choices ?

It's hard to imagine that he went through life as a law abiding citizen -- maybe even a polite, respectful young man -- and one day decided to viciously kill four people, iykwim ?
Imo.

If it’s true that the FBI instigated the traffic stops by the ISP, I will be blown away.

I cannot conceive of them allowing a single officer to lean into a passenger side window with an unpredictable suspect who’s already committed a mass murder.

To see Bryan’s hands? They couldn’t wait another little while until they had him
In custody in Pennsylvania?

Or, if they wanted to see if Bryan’s hands were injured, why not stop the car in a state nearer to the beginning of their cross-country trip?
Unless Bryan didn’t commit any minor traffic infractions prior to reaching Indiana, and then he had two infractions?

If it’s true then it’s true, but again I cannot fathom how they would allow an unaccompanied officer to do a traffic stop on this guy.

JMO

I didn’t watch either video more than once, but iirc, didn’t one of the videos literally just show inside the car for a quick moment, then all we could see on the body cam was the dirty car??? I mean, if the cops were pulling him over for surveillance, wouldn’t they know how to position their cameras?

I’m just not buying this story unless and until LE confirms. Way too dangerous to put officers in such a position imo.

I hope BK is scared out of his mind if he is the perp. Look how many cops are present for transport. Supposedly he is in denial, or acting surprised, but this would be enough to make me BELIEVE they have all the evidence!

My husband swears that its normal procedure for SWAT to make the residents of the home get on their knees with their hands behind their heads while they clear the house. AKA secure the scene. I cant help but feel terrible for the family, especially if they were clueless.

Last edited:
In regards to the youtube videographer!!!!
ITS PRONNOUNCED LAY-TAW!!!

Yes it is, by non-indigenous people.

But in Nez Percé (the language from which it comes) it is pronounced Lah-tah.

You don't know the videographer's cultural background and frankly, it grates on me to hear it pronounced LAY-tah even though I realize it's locally common,

It's named after a creek - but that same creek has a name in English, as well. The county-founders chose the Native word instead of the English name (Hanged Man Creek).

In Nez Percé (they called themselves Nimiipuu (Nimi'i'pu'u). I think it can be pronounced in American English as Lay-tah if people so wish, but I prefer the indigenous pronunciation.

I have to say, the footage the patrol officers obtained was a little disappointing. Obviously the second video is a big improvement over the first, but the officer's arm is positioned directly between his bodycam and BK's hands for the better part of the traffic stop!!
Perhaps they ordered the second stop because of that and the second one was even worse so they gave up trying to get video of his hands.

So did they have him from the jump? They knew who he was, built their case, kept him in their sights until they had enough to charge and convict? Was he not the stealthy brilliant killer he thought he was?
Personally I think so. I think that’s why early on they knew it was “targeted” and that the people in area weren’t in danger. MOO

Yes it is, by non-indigenous people.

But in Nez Percé (the language from which it comes) it is pronounced Lah-tah.

You don't know the videographer's cultural background and frankly, it grates on me to hear it pronounced LAY-tah even though I realize it's locally common,

It's named after a creek - but that same creek has a name in English, as well. The county-founders chose the Native word instead of the English name (Hanged Man Creek).

In Nez Percé (they called themselves Nimiipuu (Nimi'i'pu'u). I think it can be pronounced in American English as Lay-tah if people so wish, but I prefer the indigenous pronunciation.
I apologize, as a local (nonindigenous) from the area this is how I grew up pronouncing it. I also have a source provided below. Maybe it could be updated.
Latah
LAY-taw
County, North Idaho

In case anyone missed my post earlier tonight, Indiana LE denies knowing anything about Brian and the car when the stops were made. We need to quit giving "sources" credit.

Sources = we read Websleuths and every other forum. JMO

Has anyone from the outside world corroborated the boxing thing? Like “yes, he boxes at our gym” or the like? Just wondering if boxing was an easy excuse to make an alibi for wounds to his face and hands that may have been occurring. He started “boxing” in high school from what I’ve read, but I just wonder if anyone has actually watched him boxing.

IMOO
I’ve only read that a fellow classmate back in high school said that BK took up kick boxing when he lost all the weight one year.

Imo that somehow morphed into “ boxing”

JMO I could be wrong. Haven’t seen any other stories about boxing.

Definitely seems like they knew exactly what they were looking for if he was changing the registration/plates on the Hyundai. I believe they even noted something about the license plate being indecipherable. Looking back it was almost like they phrased it because it could be PA or WA that someone may have remembered.

So did they have him from the jump? They knew who he was, built their case, kept him in their sights until they had enough to charge and convict? Was he not the stealthy brilliant killer he thought he was?

Personally I think so. I think that’s why early on they knew it was “targeted” and that the people in area weren’t in danger. MOO

Also perhaps why they didn’t need to offer a reward????

It’s in the last few threads if you peek there.

The procedural matters in this case are SO interesting, but half the posts are about a plane landing.

Several of us contended in the last thread that this would be the case (there were signals). But so many people said, Nope, ISP said they didn't know the perp's name. Right - they just knew his car.

Of course they had other info on him, too. But it was well done and the video evidence must be important (second stop was asked for because first stop didn't get his hand so carefully shown).

Also - to all you sleuths who noticed the injuries and spoke about them, kudos. Could still be shadows, but I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard