ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has been saying all along that he entered through the slider. There are pictures taken by journalists of the crime scene, showing evidence markers there and what appears to be a palm print. I am not sure that they said they knew for certain that he left through the same door.

The neighbor reported that the front door of the house (the one on the first floor) was standing open at 8-8:30 am, when she went outside and noticed it, thinking it was odd.

If he walked past D's room, it's possible he exited through that lower door.
Yes, in the affidavit it says she saw him walking towards her, and towards the back sliding doors. That led investigators to believe he left the murder scene.

Can’t quote because the document won’t let me copy anything.

So if it was the ground floor door open, what do you think? Assuming he went right out the sliding doors. Was it left open after X got her doordash?

I believe the standard K-knife sheath is leather.

Just saying.

Maybe there are other types.

Anyone know why his license plate was captured in loma, coclorado on december 13th. Driving from pullman washington to pennsylvainia……this seems pretty far out of the way. Just curious about this among other items in the PCA.
Maybe they wanted to stay somewhere cool or with relatives on the drive back. I think they took 3 days.

Could the killer have been in the house on the 3rd floor and murdered M&K around the original timeline (as one or both being his actual target) He assumes X&E were asleep because there bedroom door was closed when entered thru the glass slider.

After he killed M&K he heard movement on the second floor and that a Door Dash order was on the way...so just he just hunkered down till after the food delivery was dropped off. Hearing/thinking that X&E went to the bedroom to eat it was time to make his escape, when he got to the second floor he and X made eye contact because E was in the bedroom maybe asleep and wasn't eating so and he had to kill her, that explains her defensive wounds then he had to also kill E as maybe he woke up.

Really stretching here but maybe E heard the commotion and said to E "Can I help you?" speaking to X (The phrase wasn't actually "Im here to help you" that was overheard)

The only thing I can think of is that DM was intoxicated and passed out shortly after, maybe drunk enough to even doubt what she saw, only able to recall when the next day she realized what had happened. Shock or fear would not have lasted until 11 am the next morning. Still surprising that, since she was on the same floor as X and E, she didn't yell down the hall like "who was that", or "who was just here" or something of that nature. If it was dark, she may not have noticed blood and BK may not have seen her see him.

As far as cell phone data showing him in the area previously to the murder date, he may initially have been stalking, and not known that it would lead to murder. Otherwise, why didn't he turn off his phone on each stalking trip.

Anyone know why his license plate was captured in loma, coclorado on december 13th. Driving from pullman washington to pennsylvainia……this seems pretty far out of the way. Just curious about this among other items in the PCA.
Yes, weird, maybe they went south from WA through UT to hook up with I70 in Colorado?

I never really put much stock into the Door Dash order being relevant (you can see a Jack in the Box bag with Xana's name on it, as if delivered, in one of the crime scene photos) -- however, there were a number of sleuthers who wondered about its relevance when the photos were released. I still can't believe the delivery missed the suspect's arrival by only minutes, and moreover, that Xana was likely awake and eating / looking at her phone when ambushed. :(
Yeah, I find it highly unlikely that X was asleep when this happened given her food delivery and the fact she was on TikTok after 4am.

From the 12 times his phone pinged near their home.
Respectfully but No; They didn’t have that info days after the crime. They’ve said it was targeted since the beginning. Was that their conclusion (targeted crime) because the other two were spared? That doesn’t seem right for some reason.

I read the whole thing. Which part says he returned to the murder house at 9 the next day? Did I miss something? I’m so confused by several things in the affidavit. TIA.
Its on page 14 - it reads:

Further review indicated that the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources on November 13, 2022 thsl are consistent with the 8458 Phone leaving the area ofthe Kohberger Residence at approximalely 9:00 a.m. and traveling to Moscow, ID. Specificaily, the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that would provide coverage to the King Road Residence between 9: 12 a,m. and 9:21 am. The 8458 Phone next utilized cellular resources that are consistent with the 8458 Phone traveling back to the area ofthe Kohberger Residence and arriving to the area at approximately 9:32 a.m.”

I am 16 pages behind, but I just finished reading the PCA. Wow, and utterly heartbreaking.

Side note - There were people who commented on the PA airplane being in ID on December 27 or 28. Good catch. After reading the PCA, that was likely the PA authorities delivering BK's DN

We don't know that HE saw HER.... just that she saw him. I can't imagine such a brush with evil.
I was thinking the same thing. If she were in a darkened room and simply "cracked" her door she could of had a large area that she could of seen, but on the other hand, if he were even looking in her direction he might of simply been looking towards a totally darkened area with a door just slightly ajar and never even seen her.

On a side note though I wonder why he didn't look into any of the other rooms to see if anyone else was home?

I wonder how wide she opened the door?, three times! My goodness , was she lucky!!

I don't think she was the target. My theory today is that there was a single target, but multiple problems arose with his plan, once inside the home. He'd done his surveillance work. IF he did study former murderers' techniques, he may have forgotten that the technology that has appeared to have caught him, redhanded, no pun intended, was either not in place, nor advanced enough, during some of the time that those he may have studied were active.

IIRC, those calls were prior to 3 am. It kind of sounded to me like he was upstairs with M and K first. I'll need to reread the affidavit...

ETA: I read that part again. DM thinks it sounds like KG playing with her dog, so she opens her door the first time and hears who she thought was KG (but LE said could be XK) saying "someone is here." But the dog comment, along with the crying from XK's room after the dog playing sounds makes me think he was upstairs first. Plus, he left after the crying. The dog barking started at 4:17, along with the whimpering and thud. The camera was close to X's room.

Perhaps I'm very mistaken but I would think that someone would only unsheath a knife once and suspect that where the sheath was left was where he started.

I would think it may have been the message that SG was trying to relay when he kept saying the 'means' of death was different, the killer was 'sloppy' as well as his suggestion that his daughter was targeted.

Regardless of how people felt about his interviews, he did seem like he was always cutting his comments short so as to not disclose something he shouldn't.

LE has been saying all along that he entered through the slider. There are pictures taken by journalists of the crime scene, showing evidence markers there and what appears to be a palm print. I am not sure that they said they knew for certain that he left through the same door.

The neighbor reported that the front door of the house (the one on the first floor) was standing open at 8-8:30 am, when she went outside and noticed it, thinking it was odd.

If he walked past D's room, it's possible he exited through that lower door.

Are there still 2 sliding doors (one being on the 3rd floor)? Could he have entered on the 3rd floor?

1672946799190.png

In regards to DM.. they are only a few explanations for her actions..
- Didn’t realise there was danger
- Went into shock/denial for a prolonged period
- Knew there was danger and chose not to act
LE clearly have no reason to believe she acted unlawfully that night, in the U.K it would be unlawful not to report to LE in a reasonable timeframe that your roommates were attacked or in danger, not sure about the US Laws.
I don’t think her calling LE would have changes anything fatality wise, what it may have done would be seriously contaminate the crime scene with medical personnel attempting life saving measures that by all accounts from LE thus far would have been fruitless. The crime scene being untouched helps LE for sure…

After reading the affidavit, I think back to when LE stated that there was no threat to the community....
Perhaps they presumed it was targeted since he left a witness untouched?

we’re missing a couple pages in the affidavit. It’s possible he didn’t see the survivor. Or he could have known her. Crazy she was on the second level, and so scary. Possible explanation: her phone was dead and charger in the car, phone in kitchen etc and so she locked her door and hid. It is possible it was the girl in basement that alerted police, and main level survivor didn’t come out until all clear. IMO
Regarding DM and her actions....she possibly thought there was simply lots of activity going on in the house (as there has been in the past), door dash arriving, possible visitors. Perhaps thought X&E were having a bit of spat. And then when she was shocked to see a guy walk by, she was shocked at the suddeness of it but then dismissed it as a visitor to one of the girls who was just leaving. She didn't know at that time that a crime had been committed. Since there were no screams, she dismissed the thoughts until the next day when she looked back at them with hindsight. She likely slept in since she was up until very late and had likely been drinking.

Just a scenario.

Yes. I'm disappointed the PCA leaves her open so many questions. They really should have closed that loop since she is a victim. I feel terrible for her being caught in this PCA release shock unable to explain her actions, which are likely completely understandable with just a few simple details.
JMO
Unfortunately I feel like they had to mention her in the PCA it because she helped establish the timeline and also gave a visual description of the guy. It is only because of online sleuthing (not here!) That we know her name and not just the initials. I feel horrendous for her. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member