ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
This portion of the affidavit is odd! DM has opened the bedroom door, is standing in the door (I’m assuming door frame) how is it that BK is able to walk towards DM and past her and exit through the sliding glass door (which is in the kitchen area)? I’m assuming DM is standing in her doorway with the door open slightly and BK has walked past her door (that’s ajar) and continues on to exit out sliding glass door? I’m going to guess DM opened her bedroom door very quietly and NO more than a few inches and went unnoticed? The way the affidavits written she could of been standing out in the hallway and BK just walked past her??
If he was trying to copy BTK, could he have chosen to stop at 4 if his first offence?

I agree with the rest of your post, but the other roommates are both 21 and seniors. They were close friends but not childhood friends like the other three. They all very often posted together on instagram so I think the more natural association would be the 5 roommates, not the 4 he chose to kill. I do wonder why he left DM unscathed though.
IMO, it was my impression that she saw him through a door that was ajar, but that he didn’t see her. Please correct if wrong..

"...a lengthy trial."
"lengthy trial"?
...you want lengthy trial??
Here's lengthy trial:
I smell the longest possible, with "insanity" its keystone.
Oy!
Contemplate the do's; re-do's; reviews; re-re-do's; renewed-reviews of re-- NO! Don't dare do any such thing! You'll go insane!o_O!
Rather, just jump to the finish, where we'll all be reminded that the Supremes have ruled that a death sentence cannot be executed upon an insane person. [Wainwright, 477 U.S. 399 (1986) Due process provides the right to a competency evaluation of a convicted defendant before the death penalty is carried out. Sentencing a defendant who is insane to death violates the Eighth Amendment.] Which IMHO is de facto insane.

So, the downside here might just be that BChristopherK's PhD shall have to be realized off-campus, during hiatuses from Autumn Garden Studies (Advanced), Long-term Care of Kitchen Cutlery and Finger-art III, such as may be offered at some state residence for the misperceiving, and at which, may I hypothesize further, attendance shall be optional.

All the above my own dreadfully cynical opinion(s)
;)

Last edited:
I don’t know if it’s been missed by me… but can somebody tell me why the surviving roommate did not call the police after the scary interaction she had around 4 AM. Why were the police not called until 12 PM the next day?
We don’t know, but she was probably so traumatized she shut down in fear. Or maybe she didn’t realize the situation and what was really happening. We don’t know. We can only speculate. I don’t quite grasp not calling 911, but thankfully I never been in this situation. I’m sure she is mentally traumatized for so many reasons. Especially now.

I think he timed himself and knew approximately how long it would take police to respond if someone (anyone) called 911 during the crimes. With the planning he had to know there was that possibility.
I also think he had a plan to stash all of the evidence we are still wondering about - clothing, shoes, mask, weapon, etc. He probably practiced a lot and timed himself. He could have removed everything before getting in his car and had something to stash the evidence in. Maybe left his keys and phone in the car and a "stash" bag under the car while he committed the murders. I think he was almost completely covered up (not the eyebrows apparently), and had to strip out of everything (layers) before entering his vehicle. If that evidence is ever found it may be all together. Could have dropped it that night in a pre-planned location and never went near it again. He either left the sheath to toy with LE (wrongly thinking there was no chance of DNA, or any other connection back to him), or made a crucial mistake.
Interested to know what was found in his apartment. Wonder if he chatted with anyone about the crime?

IMO, he had a lot of interactions with police for someone with his background trying to plan the perfect crime.
He could have killed her in less than 10 seconds and then continue out the door. There were obviously no police sirens that he could have heard so I just can't buy that he was so worried about the police response time (especially considering he probably knew no one had a chance to call 911) that he would have knowingly left someone alive who could identify him AND make the 911 call that most likely hadn't been made yet to his knowledge. It's not like a bank robbery where they're worried about a silent alarm

I wonder if they could follow the path after the pings resumed to look for the knife? The PCA indicates they have the phone traveling south on ID state highway 95 to Genesee, ID, then traveling west towards 13Uniontown, ID, and then north back into Pullman, WA.
IMO, I wonder if LE found the knife, but didnt say anything and that is going to be a shock at the trial.

Fair enough but lets also take in to account that the car was in motion at 4:04 and again at 4:20 and it states "in the area" for both time stamps. If BCK was in the car driving even being close to 1122 King wouldn't you agree that the 16 minute window of being inside the residence committing the murders would be greatly reduced?
IMO I just cant see being in a car, parking it in a non descript place, walking to the house, breaching entry, killing four people in a two story house, with one or two possibly putting up a fight, leaving the house getting back to where ever the car is parked (driveway or not, which I doubt) getting in the car and being seen again on another camera "in the area" at 4:20 only 16 mins later...maybe its just me but I dont see that happening.
Agree I wonder though if all of the time stamps on the videos have been calibrated or if there might be extra minutes that can be found if this happens.

They're definitely thick, but I wouldn't consider them bushy..... then again, that would probably be hard to tell the difference when you're inside a dark room when some unknown person dressed in all black walks past you in your own home.
And the eyes and eyebrows are the only part of his face that you can see.

He looked right at her, and just kept on walking. It’s very strange he would do that, as it seems to indicate he did what he came to do, and that was the end of it. She’s so lucky.

It’s almost as if he allowed himself a certain amount of time, and his time was up. But that doesn’t jibe with him returning to the scene the next day, which was an astounding risk.

I mean, if you’re worried about getting in and out in a certain amount of time, then why take that chance?

I doubt we’ll ever know why.

I bet LE has seen on his devices how many times he Googled for information on the stabbings before the bodies were even discovered. He probably couldn't wait for it to hit the news. I think his curiosity got the better of him and that's why he drove back by the house at 9:30 the next morning to see if police were there yet. It's a dumb thing to do but he made a lot of dumb mistakes.

Oh yeah, he was coming to see the reaction to his handiwork I think. Killers have been known to return to the scene, and even attend funerals. He wanted to enjoy this.
it would have formed part of his vision.
The concluding act of that chapter..
pedantic..
Do you think he might have done this before and have you any theories about the speed at which he moved?
Was he aiming for the fastest ever?

Yes. That’s why I doubt there will be a plea deal. IMO this guy is looking quite forward to the trial.
Maybe his sheath is symbolic of OJ's bloody glove. Will he claim it was planted? It doesn't fit the knife?
Walking right past an alive roommate as he exited the crime scene, ala Ted Bundy and the sorority murders. He seems to pay homage to several well-known and widely studied mass murderers. MOO

In the PCA released today.
FWIW, the PCA says

"OFC Smith directed me down the hallway to the west bedroom on the second floor, which I later learned(through Xana's driver's license and other personal belongings found in the room) was Xana Kernodle's, hereafter "Kernodle" room. Just before this room there was a bathroom door on the south wall of the hallway. As I approached the room, I could see a body, later identified as Kemodle's, laying on the floor."

BBM. This could mean in the room, mostly in the room, or in the hallway. If in the hallway, you could see a body before you approached the room. Since the room is at the end of a "mini hallway" and might be dark you might have to get almost to the room to see a body on the floor depending in the lighting. So it doesn't actually say in the hallway. JMO.

IMO, it was my impression that she saw him through a door that was ajar, but that he didn’t see her. Please correct if wrong..
I had a similar idea - just weird to leave one person on that floor unharmed. From KG/MM instagram it is clear DM was their friend and lived there. If he was at the house so much and stalking the girls, he would have known there was at least one more girl. BF I could see him missing because she had a weird garage room out of his path of entry, just wonder why he didn't at least try to open DM's door.

I bet LE has seen on his devices how many times he Googled for information on the stabbings before the bodies were even discovered. He probably couldn't wait for it to hit the news. I think his curiosity got the better of him and that's why he drove back by the house at 9:30 the next morning to see if police were there yet. It's a dumb thing to do but he made a lot of dumb mistakes.
Oh I’m sure. They would have definitely downloaded his phone. The nice thing is that even if search history is deleted, it can frequently be recovered.

it would have formed part of his vision.
The concluding act of that chapter..
pedantic..
Do you think he might have done this before and have you any theories about the speed at which he moved?
Was he aiming for the fastest ever?
I think this was his first, but was years in the making. I don’t think he was aiming for speed, but I just can’t make sense of leaving people alive, especially when he walked past one. I’ve got nothing there.

I can totally see this. But here there are page numbers on all the document pages except the one with nothing on it but the backward "redacted" stamp. Page 1, then blank page with no number, then Page 2 is listed on the third page of the pdf. I think that blank page would have a page number on it if something had been included. JMO.
Fair point. The blank page will still haunt me, though I have no desire to have 45 pages on what it means. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member