ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to say imo he did not kill Dm though he could have and that LE were right in that there were specific targets that night in that house. That's not to say the public were safe from him after and before . Just that one person he could have killed that night and didn't
IF he noticed D, didn't he worry that she'd call the police or check with others immediately after seeing him leaving? He'd still be in the area.

Deficit #2534 - The creep can't even drive a car properly!

Source: "...it appeared to unsuccessfully attempt to park or tum around.." and "...be seen completing a three-point tum."

Smooth.
Seems like another one of BK's shortcomings/menace to society traits is that he was a terrible driver! He got a citation for not wearing a seatbelt (??!!) shortly after arriving in WA, IIRC, he was seen "speeding away" (traveling at a high rate of speed) the night of the murders in the victims' neighborhood, he was pulled over for speeding & then following too closely driving back to PA.... gee whiz, maybe this guy's drivers license should be given another think .... oh, right, he won't be driving anything anywhere anymore! JMOO

Does anyone have thoughts about why the prosecutor requested the two year no-contact order for the surviving roommates and the victims' family members? Not wanting them to compare notes/contaminate memories?

Gad, if just one friend/acquaintance would come forward, but it appears Kohberger is a super loner. Could be he doesn't want anyone knowing his business, or could also be because he was a teaching assistant and grading classmates' work and he thought it unwise to get close to anyone. Who knows? It's maddening, though, to me. Socially, it's as if has lived his entire life in a vacuum.
The may have. 95% of what they have now may not be in the affidavit.
not everyone goes running to to the press. probably a lot of people who know him have contacted LE, and more to come

As he was able to kill 4 in such a small timeframe, he has to have had some "experience" in using a Knife in such a manner.
That's the big one.
Where did or could he have gained such experience?
I have a good knowledge of anatomy and physiology but still I would have to think about it, for a few minutes..
eg the carotid artery, in the neck.. would it be here or over further to the left or maybe slightly more to the right? ETC.

It looks like he spent approx 3 minutes on each victim, including moving from victim to victim, including one if not two or three of them being awake?
How is that even possible?
I cannot figure it out.

Even a butcher, killing for a living would be hard pushed to kill 4 animals in different locations at an abattoir?

He may drive his attorney bonkers with suggestions/ideas/etc. considering his career path. It certainly is shaping up to look like he's guilty. Like I said earlier, I think he's intelligent but not smart.
I was wondering that myself earlier. Will he be a help or hindrance? I'm leaning towards hindrance. JMO

I believe that the police have been saying that the other two roommates were asleep. After reading the PCA, we obviously know that's not the case.
It's MOO that the police may have done this to protect DM. If the killer thought that there might of been a witness that identified him (in any way), her life may have been in danger.

Was this information you got from the affidavit? If so, I don't know if it was clear that Murphy was with Kaylee, only that he was heard barking. Also, I didn't see that the crying was specifically a male, only that the statement along the lines of "I will help you" was a male voice. Could this have been Ethan? Would the roommate have clarified it was Ethan or an "unknown male"? In my mind, I would like to believe that it was Ethan comforting Xana and not this deranged killer.
Ugh it all just makes me so sick
Agree, that post is quite inaccurate.

WOW.....Major WOW, on the affidavit! One huge area that concerns me is.....

The whole D.M (roommate) story. Sounds odd to me.

D.M claims to have woken up at 4a.m to (what sounded like) K playing with Murphy.

Then "a short time later" heard (what sounded like) K say something like "Someone's here". Maybe she (K, or X) saw or heard a car pull up or saw headlights like someone turned into their driveway?

D.M. looked out her bedroom door (1st time), no one there, she closed it.

She then heard crying from X's room & male voice (I think it's safe to assume it was BK, as I believe Ethan to be already dead). She said the voice said (what sounded like) "it's OK, I'm going to help you". However, (IMO) I think it's more likely he said "I'm going to kill you [too]". D.M opened her door & looked out again (2nd time), saw no one so she closed her door again.

At 4:17a.m a security cam, approx 50 ft from X's bedrooms west wall picked up (distorted audio in what sounded like) voices OR a whimper, followed by a thud and a dog barking. That tells us the killer is on the 3rd floor.

D.M opened her door "a third time after she heard the crying and saw a man...... ". So did D.M continue hearing the crying (thinking it was X) or could the crying she heard that time been from K or M or did she only open her door twice? If she heard the same crying as before (which she already stated came from X's bedroom) right before the killer walked (not ran, mind you), this could mean that not everyone's death was immediate and that at least 1 person lay in agony (I shudder at that thought).

Additionally, the killer passed by D.M and left thru back sliding door. Didn't he have to climb stairs to get to that 2nd floor sliding glass door (assuming she was standing at or near her bedroom door, which was on the 1st floor)?? Or was she on the 2nd floor when he passed by her?? Wait, WTH is up with him passing her?? Why didn't he go after her too??

But even more important?? Why didn't she go check on her roommate after the killer left?? I'd do exactly that, to see why she was crying and if was okay. Hard to believe all she did, after seeing an unfamiliar guy dressed in all black, wearing a mask that went over his nose & mouth inside her home & coming from the direction of my crying roommates room, is go back to sleep. Even if I didn't go check on my roommate, my butt still would have been on the phone calling 911.

FTR, all of the above is of my opinion. I am not bashing or criticizing anyone's actions, I am just trying to understand. I do realize that police often do recall some details incorrectly, or omit some things when it comes to writing up a PR so it's possible that not everything 100% happened the way it’s stated. Nonetheless, poor D.M. My heart sure goes out to her. She's going to have to live with the memories of that night for the rest of her life. I just hope it doesn't take over her and she seeks help, if or when it’s needed.
All due respect, part of this post sounds like bashing. Saying what you’d do, so forcefully, when you haven’t been in her shoes, idk, doesn’t sit right. You say her story sounds odd, that it’s hard to believe she went to sleep etc.

Many of us are also super curious about the delay in reporting to authorities but it can be stated in a better way imo. Not meaning to attack you, jmo I guess.

I find the fact she did not call the police very problematic for the case-- I feel so badly for her
But the defense is not going to go easy on her and she will have to prepare for a very
Rough time during depositions and trial, assuming there is one.
It will be rough for her but thankfully the other evidence against the creep is so strong that it won't matter.

Just think of how many times he unsnapped that sheath so he could practice and play with that knife. He goes to all the trouble to stalk, disguise himself, break into the house, carry out a frenzy of murder, walk casually past a living witness...and leave that sheath behind?
What a dope.
I also took note of his car. For a guy who supposedly has OCD, it was a filthy mess on the outside. This guy apparently has selective OCD. He's a slob. I'll bet the forensics guys who are autopsying his car are finding all kinds of evidence.

Has there been a diag come out? OCD doesn't mean a person diagnosed with it, is a clean freak though.

There are many pervasive myths about obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). One of the most common ones is that every person with this mental health condition is extremely focused on cleaning and organizing everything around them.

But this isn’t accurate. In fact, many people with OCD are quite the opposite.

Moo but we don’t know if the sounds of crying were actual cries - it could have been the sound of someone dying. Sorry, I know it’s bleak. I don’t know for certain however I personally believe he was fast with what he did, and once you’d been fatally injured, you wouldn’t be able to make much sound (scream or cry), maybe through walls, a groaning type of sound could sound like crying - especially as she had no context to go by. Moo obviously.
Agree, in and out in 15 mins and 4 people dead. He was precise and wasted no time.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I cannot imagine what kind of fear, confusion, terror might have been running through her mind.

She is CRUCIAL to this investigation and thank heaven she was able to identify characteristics about the perp that match the physical attributes of BK.

I suppose that she has a VERY difficult road ahead of her and that her daily functioning will be affected for years to come. She doesn’t need armchair detectives analyzing her reaction that frightening night.

HAVE MERCY AND COMPASSION FOR HER!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
He is reported to have wanted to be an Army Ranger. That is an intense division of the military.

Ka-bar knife advertised as used by Army Rangers

Edited to add link to another style of Ka-bar knife.

Last edited:
I believe that the police have been saying that the other two roommates were asleep. After reading the PCA, we obviously know that's not the case.
It's MOO that the police may have done this to protect DM. If the killer thought that there might of been a witness that identified him (in any way), her life may have been in danger.
Very likely and furthers the idea that she saw him, he didn't see her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88