ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, that's very strange! Source?

Although I will say that a PhD does not necessarily require a master's degree for admission. In my case my PhD admission was based on my bachelor's degree because, although I had a master's degree, it was in a field different enough that they were more comfortable admitting me to a PhD program that was closely relatedto my BS.

In many fields a masters is simply a failed PhD and given as a consolation prize. Not knocking anyone with a masters degree, just saying that academic things are not as simple as most of the public things.

If looking for his academic work, you generally have to pay for master's work to be published which is a bit of a scam so most people don't. The library at the school you get your degree from almost always gets a free copy so that is the place to look. Almost any PhD requires creating "new knowledge" in your field and that means any research library will want a copy. You don't get to sell it to them but your work is "published" for free and sold to libraries, not as a physical book but as access through a database.

ETA: Source: personal experience through 4 graduate degrees and 20+ years working at a Tier I Research University.
It was in the article where his professor called him a genius.

Let me see if I can find it.

Edited to add

From everything I've seen (the video walk through of the house), the door could have been opened up a small amount, enough to see out of the bedroom and look towards the living room or towards the stairs that lead to the third floor.

I think it's entirely possible that he didn't see her. It was 4 AM or so in the morning, assuming that it was fairly dark inside the house. Also, the affidavit doesn't say that DM saw him walk out the sliding door - it states that "The male walked past D.M. as she stood in a "frozen shock phase." The male walked towards the back sliding glass door."

I don't see why it's not reasonable that she peaked out her door, saw him walking towards her as he was coming from the direction of the living room and walked by her in the direction of the kitchen. MOO is that she peaked out that door and saw something she did not recognize or expect to see, stood frozen trying not to draw any attention or make any noise, and after he passed by her she then closed the door and locked herself inside.
Agree! And if BK had seen her, I do not believe he would have let her live. jmo

IMO agreed. I still have this persistent feeling that there is an “OMG fact” that we don’t know yet that is going to tie everything up possibly.
Good point! When Natalee Holloway viciously disappeared, Joran van der Sloot's father helped/protected him.
His killer son, went on to kill a woman in South America. The police do not believe it was his first murder. They think (but could never prove for the courts) that this killer was also who killed Natalee.

In these sad, terrible deaths, there must be more to this killer's lies. You are right sleuth, will probably be a HUGE OMG fact. The police have done an amazing job.

If BK had been "staking out" the house for some time, did he know about the shifting of roommates and that one of them was leaving?

It appears BK went upstairs first, going after MM and KG first. Since KG was only visiting, is this significant at all?

I'm wondering if BK had any intended target(s) in mind or what exactly about that place drew him in? MOO.
Quite possible he picked a day when KG was back, also possible he wasn’t expecting her at all. I think working that out will come down to his online activity.

Y'all slammed the door on me as I was typing a response in the last thread. lol Here is it....

Apparently he wanted his car with him in Pennsylvania, likely to keep LE from finding it. But here's the odd thing for me... his dad flies out to drive back with BK to Pennsylvania for Christmas. That means BK was going to (likely) drive alone all that way back to WA when the visit was over. That doesn't make sense to me. He needs company one way, but not the other? Someone has wondered if it was due to a long haul during winter, but it would still be winter when he made the drive back.
But who's to say a family member wasn't going to drive back with him and then fly home?

Who knows, why is it so importand to people? Is anyone really believing that any of the victims couldve been saved? This is not a regular knife, this is a combat knife, meant to efficiently kill a person, bear, cut open cans, cut wire etc.
I questioned her response after I first read the affidavit but not because I thought her calling the police right then and there would’ve saved any of the victims lives. If we’re being honest it wouldn’t have. And quite frankly I don’t think it would’ve helped LE narrow in on BK any sooner either. More than anything else I questioned it with her safety in mind. Like if she was scared enough to lock her door why wouldn’t she have called the cops? But what I’ve since come to realize is that I don’t actually know if she was scared to the point of believing she needed to do that because whoever she thought she saw didn’t try to enter her room and perhaps seeing unfamiliar characters roam the halls of their shared apartment at weird hours of the night was the norm. Who knows. Not me, so really how can I judge?

/JMO

Xana was not asleep, that is established. She was awake, ordered food, and was using Tik Tok.
Thanks for clarifying that, I was mistaken and realize now that X was not asleep. I wonder if she wasn’t in the room when E was killed (I believe he was sleeping)? Or, did BK enter the room and go straight to E and kill him while X tried to prevent the killing? I’m struggling to figure out what happened in X’s room.

I would think if X was killed before E, he would have woken up and tried to stop BK? Any ideas? I’m sure we will eventually know the exact order of the killings even though it really doesn’t matter in the end. Such a sad situation for the families, friends and loved ones.

I agree with the potential plausibility of some of this. The question I had while reading the PCA was the transition from the individual in a mask walking right past D.M.'s room and the statement that the individual was "headed to the back sliding door". Is not D.M.'s room on the bottom floor and the sliding glass door on the 2nd level? How was it ascertained the individual in question was "headed toward the back sliding door"? From what I have seen of floor plans there would be no sightline to indicate this from the doorways of the bottom floor bedrooms. Am I missing something??
Plot-twist: DM’s room was on the 2nd floor all along.

You actually have a really good point here…

you have a really good point actually…
That’s a huge knife, the PCA didn’t mention that DM witnessed the killer carrying it in his hand… and while the PCA is does not need to (nor is it likely to) contain the totality of evidence LE has, IMO this would most certainly be an included detail (for the very purposes of a PCA) if she had seen the knife…

So what the heck did you do with it? Just stuff it in his pocket? How could you do that without cutting yourself? And yes, you’re right, it’s highly likely he’d have to set that knife down somewhere and it would leave trace evidence. I know everyone has been speculating that he surely must have gotten rid of that thing… but for some reason, I don’t think he did… He’s obsessive and weird… I am totally speculating, and usually I hate when people do that about this stuff, but I’m just going to throw it out there… I don’t think he would dispose of the knife. I think he would want to keep it. Since he’s arrogant as all get out, he probably wasn’t dumb enough to keep it in his apartment, but I bet he has a little hiding spot somewhere.

Anyway, going back to the knife and getting it out of the house, and as to whether or not he potentially could’ve cut himself, I know that one of the warrants that they issued was specifically to search him, and his body, to document any evidence that could be from there, i.e. cuts, wounds, scratches, or anything else. It will be interesting to see what comes out at trial.
What gets me is in PCA it says he officer saw K.G and M.M deceased on bed. Then at a later time noticed what appeared to be sheath beside M.M. Also he noticed all 3 girls were deceased from visible knife wounds but with E.C. It wasn’t determined until Dec 15th when autopsy was returned. It also states that both roommates gave statements that the 4 victims arrived around 2:00am and in bed by 4:00am besides X.K.. That indicates to me both surviving roommates was awake at that time.

From everything I've seen (the video walk through of the house), the door could have been opened up a small amount, enough to see out of the bedroom and look towards the living room or towards the stairs that lead to the third floor.

I think it's entirely possible that he didn't see her. It was 4 AM or so in the morning, assuming that it was fairly dark inside the house. Also, the affidavit doesn't say that DM saw him walk out the sliding door - it states that "The male walked past D.M. as she stood in a "frozen shock phase." The male walked towards the back sliding glass door."

I don't see why it's not reasonable that she peaked out her door, saw him walking towards her as he was coming from the direction of the living room and walked by her in the direction of the kitchen. MOO is that she peaked out that door and saw something she did not recognize or expect to see, stood frozen trying not to draw any attention or make any noise, and after he passed by her she then closed the door and locked herself inside.
It is 100% POSSIBLE FOR HER TO CRACK THE DOOR OPEN TO PEEK OUT, THEN SHUT IT AND LOCK IT AS HE WALKS BY.

Additionally he very well might have not even been looking in that direction, instead focusing on getting out of the house since it was sort of an awkward floor plan.

See: my oh so great illustrated floor plan

Attachments

• second-floor-moscow-house.png
    second-floor-moscow-house.png
    150.9 KB · Views: 86
Really? How did he graduate without finishing his thesis? He must have had to make up the credits? Or was it not a requirement? It may be optional in the Masters program. He must have had a partner so maybe it was just BK that didn't finish?
That Reddit questionnaire was supposed to be part of his thesis.

Considering the fact that they only did 3 executions in 47 years when the drugs weren't scarce, I'd be surprised if there is ever an execution in Idaho again. There is a reason the drugs are scarce, it's not post-covid supply chain problems.
The drugs are scarce only because pharmaceutical companies prohibit their prescription for executions on ethical grounds. One state procured drugs overseas only to be stymied by violating licensing agreements. If state legislatures want to have the death penalty, which I am all for in cases like this, they need to have the b@lls to use something like firing squad or electrocution which are less susceptible to political factors.

And nope, I'm not right wing. I'm actually quite liberal. But someone has to take out the trash! And anyone who kills 4 innocent college students is trash, imho.

Could very well be on it, when was image from? Buildings and billboards are very typical locations for antennas, especially 5g. 5G can be the size of a bread loaf.

All I will say is that I work in communications and have for 20+ years. These maps are used continually for evaluating the possibility of connecting devices.

Because of requirements of 5G, there are multiple ones in dense areas many hidden on building signs. Even stadiums have multiple 5G antennas they are everywhere.

Here is a picture of a billboard with tons of 5G... not in Moscow. They often hide them sandwiched inside where they can't even be seen.

View attachment 393081
It also counted this as one also. I'm familiar with this because the city installed it due to speeders on this stretch of road. It flashes your speed.
The second one says there are two. But there is only one. Images 2022

The second site is on a pretty rundown corner. Even the gas station is closed. No one goes to the chicken place.
Screenshot Capture - 2023-01-06 - 02-18-26.pngScreenshot Capture - 2023-01-06 - 02-24-52.png

Really? How did he graduate without finishing his thesis? He must have had to make up the credits? Or was it not a requirement? It may be optional in the Masters program. He must have had a partner so maybe it was just BK that didn't finish?
My Master's degree had 2 options- thesis or an intensive in person oral exam with every professor who taught us during our 63 credit hour coursework. And it was intense!!! So not all Masters programs require a thesis.

And no. I wasn't a failed PhD student. That's funny and a new one, to me. It was the order of schooling I chose.

This photo will explain for those confused by the new/changing info HOW easy it would have been for BK to exit the house but NOT even be aware of DM peaking out her door.

Her doorknob is on the right side if you are facing the door to her room and opens in, therefore if she had the door ajar she could see almost a direct shot to the hallway as BK walked thru and into the kitchen. In the dark, in a strange layout, possibly in some shock himself of having killed more than one or two as he intended, it's absolutely feasible if not probable that BK was more focused on getting to the back door without touching anything, leaving footprints, et al., and simply never turned his attention to DMs way.

It states she opened door, froze in surprise/fear/shock, then shut and locked herself in. I don't think BK ever even noticed her. And please do not use this post to speculate or question DM actions. I refuse to partake in that. I'm sure there is a ton of survivors guilt considering he walked past her room a total of at least 3 times. I also think, since LE says X was on TikTok & eating food delivery that BK probably came down from intended target, heard X, and....
second-floor-moscow-house.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members