ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm laughing too, actually.

In his (stupid) mind, each victim is a "cost" and the "benefit" is his own perception of self-worth (apparently).

Goes like this:

1. I wanna be a cool famous gangsta/serial killer, yes I do. That's my premise and my goal.
2. Each victim is going to cost me something (risk). But one victim is not enough to make me famous. I think I need...(references Rader and Bundy cases). four! That'll qualify as mass murder - I'll start like Rader did!
3. But can I handle all that risk? Hmm. If I do this quickly, in the time it takes other people to kill just one person, that diminishes the risk. So killing 4 people in 15 minutes is not that much more risky than killing 1. If necessary, I'll err on the side of reason and caution and only kill 3!
4. (While in commission of the crime): I've killed four! I did it! And so far, no sirens. Only one barking dog. That's acceptable and reasonable, off I go!

As you can probably tell, while I do believe criminals use reason, I think that all criminals lack rational self-interest as a second premise and lack moral reasoning as a first premise. I'll go with Kant in regard to what constitutes reason, not recent criminology theorists, every time. But I understand that they (the criminologists) want us to consider that reason can be employed in the commission of a crime. I already get that. It's the premises and gaps in reason that accompany all crime that fascinate me, not the ways in which people use reason to (for example) go to a store without cameras to shoplift if they can do so. Or go to a house with sleeping people to commit multiple murders.
Genius analysis!

Not blaming any of the girls at all. I’m just saying with all of the illogical parts, likely police holding back a lot of details for reasons only they know.

Wont

again I’m not putting any girl down. I just believe there’s more to it. I think people are saying don’t be judgey out of empathy which is understandable. But I also think those people haven’t been through anything like this. I have and I’ve met SEVERAL survivors or trauma and believe it or not you would be how it is more often the opposite. Adrenaline kicks in and you fight. Certainly if she was that shocked and scared, she wouldn’t have gone to sleep. Don’t think she was that drunk and out of it because she knew times and gave a pretty damn detailed description. If she was, they probably would have wanted to wait to duivulge info about it long enough that she couldn’t be drug tested and defense could rule any testimony out.

Logic tells me girl saw more.

Think about it.

Cases take a long time and cops in a couple of months with nothing at all except some videos of car in a town full of college students driving around. They zoomed in on him really quick and I’m just saying I think more will come out
It's 4 a.m., I hear I see a guy in the hall, I don't assume he killed four of my housemates; I assume someone hooked up and the dude is heading out on the walk of shame. And if on some off chance I assumed he'd killed four of my housemates, I'm not taking my 5-foot-tall self out to fight him. Trying to guess what any one person would do in a case like this or comparing it to what someone else did in a case like this seems futile.

I am waaay older than DM, and this is what happened to me a few months ago...

I work at home, and was upstairs in my condo around noon, working on my computer, when I heard the front door sorta open. I figured it was Amazon, putting a package between my glass door and my wooden door. Then I heard movement downstairs. And before I knew it, I heard footsteps on the stairs. I ran out of my office, and saw a strange guy walking up the stairs, almost to my second floor. I started screaming at him, "Who are you!? Get out of my house!?" He remained on the stairs, gesturing wildly, but I couldn't understand him. I kept screaming at him till he finally walked down the stairs and left, and I locked the door behind him and was totally shaken. But here's the point. I DIDN'T CALL THE POLICE. It wasn't until I told a co-worker online that she said, "Are you nuts??? Call 911!" So I did. The cops showed up and started going to other condos in the area. Turned out it was a guy who spoke no English, doing a job at someone else's condo and got confused, and walked into mine. Pretty weird that he couldn't figure he was in the wrong place, but that was his story.

My point is: Please don't blame DM.
Im surprised you didn't cause the poor guy to have a heart attack o_O

This is a quick article I found on these two little known features that comes turned ON...and the majority of people don't turn off (because most don't know it exists).

Apple has since abstracted this information (if you have iOS 16) and no longer give users access to the full timeline view (it's seriously stalker level data). But I believe Google still gives it all away.

Yes, that has been my concern and there has been going back and forth about cell towers available. Their location. Maps of cell towers are all over the place.
I'm not very knowledgeable, but know there is a huge difference between cell tower pings and GPS.

I know there is a range and vicinity. I know they cannot pinpoint his location based on cell towers, they can only place that he was in the general vicinity. (Like being in a certain part of town) Where the towers are and their range of services are quite perplexing. But I counted only a handful of towers with urban range of about 2 square miles or so. (Who knows??)

Wish we had GPS.

I thought there were only a handful as well, put someone posted maps cross-referencing all cellular carriers (one's own phone will ping off all cell towers, as the tower doesn't "know" who the phone belongs to until the ping, as it was explained to me anyway). You have to toggle this map in between carriers, but Verizon all by itself has dozens.

T-Mobile also has quite a few. I'm sure they pulled the data from all the available carriers. And while it's not as good as GPS (although he likely did not turn off his GPS as I believe he was trying to navigate back to Pullman along an unfamiliar route and had to stop and orient himself in Genesee, right after turning his phone back on - this guy wanted that blue dot that GPS provides, but that's JMO).

This would give more than just "region," it would give street and direction of travel as well, IMO. For the neighborhood where he turned off his cell (King and Queen Road area), he got caught on multiple cameras instead.

As Poirrot would say, "This is no big brain criminal, he doesn't use his little gray cells."

Then he wasn't wearing gloves?
With that snap he would probably have to handled it only once without gloves to get transfer dna in the grooves. My sheath can be difficult to snap/unsnap, even with gloves, it could have torn/ripped a hole in the glove and allowed for transfer. Nitrile and exam gloves come in different mil thicknesses, we tear up the thin ones pretty easily in the lab working with our hands.

Attachments

• 1673043620253.png
    1673043620253.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 10
Yes! Vagal Response. Very common, and for less trauma than she may have experienced, as we don’t have the whole story.
I sometimes have this vagal response, the last time I suffered a nasty bang to the back of my head. The sight of blood can be a trigger for me too. The doctor explained that it's a part of the fight or flight response, except some people instead of fighting or running freeze and thus is where the vagal response comes in. A lack of blood to the brain.

One place I'd think they'd find it is in the stitches where the seats are sewn together. Just look at how this car seat is sewn together. I'd think if they couldn't simply see any, or pick it up by swabbing (or whatever they do), I'd think you could pull out some of the stitches and I'd bet it could be found on the thread.
View attachment 393246

Source of pic (nothing interesting at the site. Just sourcing where I got the pic from):
Exactly. It’s sort of the same basis where they found blood between the wood slats when a wooden floor was taken apart that was cleaned up…in the Patrick Frazee case.

As soon as I read a few days ago that he was pulled over twice, I thought that it was on purpose. I thought that it was to check him out, see what was going on and if the father was OK, get some information from him, but my first thought was that it was to rattle him. To make him really paranoid that they were on to him, particularly because he was driving the car that is in the bolo.

I know they have subsequently said that the FBI did not order a pull over, and I also have read that Indiana is infamous for pulling folks over over the slightest infraction. In any case, regardless, I do believe it had the intended effect. As soon as I saw that he was witnessed cleaning that car, allegedly, with gloves on and then disposing of it in the neighbor‘s garbage, I thought he did exactly what they wanted him to if, and I repeat if, the pull over was intentional

I think the sequence is clear, he came from Xana's room last, IMO. Perhaps it's just me.
No I agree, I think that's exactly what he did.

But pedantically, if she peeked out of her door of Bedroom D (see image), looked up the stairs, he could be walking 'toward' her and then 'past' her to the sliding glass door.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 3.16.23 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 3.16.23 PM.png
    177.4 KB · Views: 51
It's 4 a.m., I hear I see a guy in the hall, I don't assume he killed four of my housemates; I assume someone hooked up and the dude is heading out on the walk of shame. And if on some off chance I assumed he'd killed four of my housemates, I'm not taking my 5-foot-tall self out to fight him. Trying to guess what any one person would do in a case like this or comparing it to what someone else did in a case like this seems futile.
I lived in a 'party house' and if I saw what D did (according to the affidavit) I'd be... a bit shook because he probably did look a bit creepy but I'd lock my door and lie in bed, probably listening to see if I heard anything else, then when I didn't - just assumed everything was okay and he was someone one of my housemates knew. Then just went back to sleep.

I think people i've seen jumping on DM (mostly on TT... i should delete that app lol) forget she likely described everything in far more detail to the police (i.e - how she was feeling, what she thought happened, whether she went to sleep or not etc) and they're just filling in the gaps in super dramatic ways

Updated: 6:48 PM PST January 5, 2023

[...]

In an 18-page affidavit of probable cause, investigators reported a knife sheath was found next to the body of Madison Mogen. On that sheath, Idaho's State Lab found a 'single source of male DNA,' which was labeled suspect profile. The sample was pulled from the button snap on the sheath.

"The reason DNA is so compelling is because it is a unique signature. Unless you have an identical twin, no one has your exact DNA," says CeCe Moore, Chief Genetic Genealogist for Parabon.

Moore pioneered the genetic techniques that have been used in solving hundreds of criminal cases, such as the Golden State Killer case in California (Parabon didn't work on that particular case).

The techniques can crack a case with only a tiny sample of DNA.
"Because technology has advanced so far, it is possible to just use a few skin cells in order to identify someone," Moore says. "That is true both for the traditional genetic forensic profile, that is what is court-admissible DNA evidence. It's also true for investigative genetic genealogy, we can work with the tiniest fragment of DNA, and that includes touch DNA.

Based on the affidavit in this case, it looks like touch DNA is what they had to work with. That's just skin cells."

Moore says we are always shedding our DNA wherever we go, in our epithelial or skin cells, saliva, and even hair without a root. That's why, she says, with the advance of technology in genetics it's nearly impossible for criminals to go uncaptured.

"So, in this case, it looks like they had to take that tiny amount of DNA and perform two separate lab analyses on that, because the crime lab creates that STR profile, the one that is court admissible. But a private lab has to create the SNIP- based genetic profile that's used for genetic genealogy.

And at this time, none of the crime labs have the capability to do that themselves. So it would have had to have been sent out. So clearly, even if it was a very small amount, there was enough to be able to do these two separate lab analyses, which is really interesting," Moore says.

Moore guesses, from her analysis of the affidavit, investigators zeroed in on Kohberger either because of a combination of the DNA evidence and technological evidence, like his type of car being seen near the King Road home numerous times, or that they "could have had good enough genetic genealogy matches that they were able to connect to both his mother's side of the family and his father's side of the family. And if they did that, it would have pointed right at him because he is the only son of that union."

[..]

Yes, this is perhaps the most perplexing piece of information from the affidavit: the absence of any detail of the immediate moments after roommate allegedly sees BK, is in fear/shock phase as he walks past her, locks and then closes door.

It is quite strange that there is no description—whatsoever—of any action taken by roommate, even if that action was getting back in bed and going to sleep, for example. And when 911 call is placed the next day, is there a reference to the sighting of an intruder in the house from earlier in the morning (4 am-ish)?

Remember the purpose of the affidavit. How are the actions taken by the roommate relevant to the judge deciding if BK should be arrested?

Is it possible the defense wanted the mattresses for some reason?

Just a reminder, I ask because I truly don’t know and I am here to raise my level of knowledge.

TYIA

Great hypothesis! WELCOME. We need you here.

And I'll wager that a main defense gambit will be to try and show other stranger DNA in the intimate zone of the victims. Good catch.

Hi guys.:) Have I missed a post about locating the DoorDash delivery person? Or the central office, or web site, where the orders come in? Not necessary for their name or anything, just, IMO, a verification of the time.

From the Probable Cause Affidavit:

“Kernodle, who received a DoorDash order at the residence at approximately 4:00 a.m. (law enforcement identified the DoorDash delivery driver who reported this information).”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla