ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still not convinced he did this alone.

A few queries from the PCA.

They refer to his car as suspect vehicle 1, is there a suspect vehicle 2?

Secondly, the PCA says Xana’s injuries were caused by an edged weapon, but the Ka-Bar was smooth?
An edged weapon just typically means a weapon with a cutting edge/point e.g a knife. So a Ka-Bar would be categorised as an edged weapon.

Yes, but that doesn’t mean he knows how to wipe a computer. Apples and oranges.
It does make it much much more likely he would.
Don't get me wrong. he got caught became he knew 95% of how avoid leaving evidence at the scene, and if he knows more than 99% of the general public in cleaning his computer and cloud trails, if it is FBI experts looking at his PC and cloud and there will be evidence there. But it is highly relevant that he did some study of cloud.

I agree. However, I guess it is possible he entered the house, went to X's room, then upstairs, then back to x's room and then out (when he was seen by DM). I don't think that is likely to be what happened, but I suppose its possible.
For sure, i agree it could be either and we really don’t know as the affidavit doesn’t state the order only the order of the walk through.

I do think IMO though from the affidavit X and E were killed after M and K. I base that on the timeline given for X being in Tik Tok and also the timeline for when the Hyundai was picked up on CCTV again - if M and K were killed last it means BK murdered M and K and got out of the house extremely fast, and that’s considering that the entire murder as we know it from the affidavit was already ridiculously quick IMO.

All my own interpretation of how events unfolded, but I believe DM heard X saying someone was there and I also think it was her whimpering and her the Bk was speaking to - if DM heard all correctly. I think M and K were already deceased by the time DM heard these interactions. Although I should say I think X was telling E there was someone there while BK was up on the 3rd floor.

All my own speculation and interpretation of the affidavit. I acknowledge we don’t know enough to tell anything for sure.

I’m still not convinced he did this alone.

A few queries from the PCA.

They refer to his car as suspect vehicle 1, is there a suspect vehicle 2?

Secondly, the PCA says Xana’s injuries were caused by an edged weapon, but the Ka-Bar was smooth?
Not sure if there is a suspect vehicle 2 at this point, it is possible but I doubt it. JMO

To answer your second question, a ka-bar knife is a smooth "edged" weapon.

USMC KA-BAR®, Straight Edge

Why would he wait a month to clean his car?
Perhaps he cleaned it four times before the trip to PA, and when he got to PA he cleaned up after the trip. It may have been cleaning 1 or cleaning 2035. We'll have to wait on the next report of what anyone watched him do while he was at home in WA. (I vaguely remember seeing one of those somewhere, though I cannot recall where.) JMO.

Exactly, and any subsequent findings of all the mentioned reading materials could simply be explained as "research for his papers or future book.

I'll bet you a full lunch that he has never written a paper that has a single new insight into the subject of serial killers. But yes, if he takes the stand or has a character witness (professor) say that it's normal for someone like BK to read a bunch of crime-related things, that evidence will be beside the point.

OTOH, would love to hear what the Pullman PD HR department says about why they didn't hire him. Wonder if he took any kind of employment quizzes, exams or had to write any kind of statement beyond his CV (which oddly, doesn't parallel the CV details that in MSM and I could have sworn the announcer said "Criminal Justice" as he walked across the stage. He was likely getting two degrees that day, though (so maybe a BA in psychology). If he did do the cloud forensics track at DeSales, he was a very poor student.

Or he wanted to be caught and punished.

Too many threads to find it all but this one quotes XK’s dad as saying the locks all lock automatically (that you had to go around if it was locked to try slider) and that he fixed her bedroom lock.
If you google “smart locks” or keyless locks they lock automatically when closed.
There may be a button to push in door frame or something that could override it.
Generally they lock when closed.

In any case, that’s why I always state IMHO per protocol.

Its my humble opinion that all the bedrooms & the front door in the house were fitted with smart locks (keyless coded locks
that automatically lock to the outside when closed (unless purposely overridden or broken)
^^bbm

Except for dad NEVER said that he fixed her bedroom lock! Not in the quoted link or elsewhere. I think this rumor started with AB interviewing Xana's mother and putting words in her mouth.

i deleted my comment, I don't think it's odd wearing gloves to take out the trash, it's the 4am that's odd. But maybe not odd for him, based on his many trip to Moscow, it seems he was typically up at that time.

Not defending him in anyway as I do believe he's responsible. When I worked nights I did things in the middle of the night that seemed odd to day workers.

Again, not defending him. I just don't find wearing gloves to clean or take out the trash to be odd.
What I want to know is why do so many people keep asking other forum members 'why did x do y'. Are we supposed to be able to read other people's minds? Why keeping asking why?

I doubt the
We don't have a confirmation of *any* locked doors on any floor except that DM locked her door after seeing BK walk past her towards the kitchen sliding glass door.
I doubt the doors were locked. Those locks can be set to lock automatically or not lock automatically, and also even if set to lock automatically, have to be fully closed manually. There was also a problem with one of the door locks, which one of the fathers attempted to fix

Why would he wait a month to clean his car?
It was reported that he was seen cleaning it at his apartment in Pullman. JMO, but I think he was getting more paranoid as time went on…with the limited info from LE coming out about searching for the white Elantra…then the two stops in Indiana…realizing that he didn’t have his knife sheath…and probably much more.

No. BK would share DNA from his father and mother and that DNA combination was found on the knife sheath. His father's DNA is helpful only to confirm 1/2 of BK's DNA called familial DNA.
I think the reason they noted it failed to exclude BK's father from being the biological father of the person whose DNA was on the knife sheath is because they aree looking at Y chromosome genes that would only be inherited from his father.

But that was 10 days later (taking out the trash). I keep wondering whether he was planning on wearing gloves to avoid leaving dna for the rest of his life? It’s not like the situation goes away….
More than 10 days, the trash, that we know about happened in pA while he was under surveillance for the few days before they arrested him. Gloves possibly to preserve his hands from whatever chemicals he was using to clean it on that occasion.
Possibly chemicals that will destroy DNA and disolve bloodstains rendering them invisible to blacklight or luminol..
cos he knows these things.
Probably told his parents he intended selling it.

"when closed"
So yes, having lived in such housing in undergrad and grad, usually, as in virtually all cases, the lock will engage automatically -- if the door was manually closed. Almost none of the time though would one see automatic door closing spring hinges on those inside doors.
So automatic locking, but manual closing would be needed.

I think good chance those doors were no closed and not locked.
That could well be true.

IMHO - CLOSED & thereby LOCKED BEDROOM DOORS could be the determining factor of who lived and who died.

Just speculating that the two survivors could have both had locked bedroom doors.
A closed and thereby locked bedroom door may well have saved the two surviving housemates.
Still just IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member