ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree
if was reluctant to wear a belt ( to hold the sheath) because it would be too easily seen against his upper thigh, he's surely not going to drive around in a mask? ( whatever the colour)

The sheath for this knife is in total 12 inches. I‘m almost 6 foot and it would hang down from hip down my thigh halfway to my knee.
  • connects to the belt with leather straps
  • sits straight down from the belt
  • located on a hip, or on the left of belly button for right hand
  • the snaps are to hold the knife in the sheath
How did he drive with a sheath on his belt? I don’t think you can. It would not bend when you sit, it would be straight into the space between the seat and console- if on the hip.

Did he put the sheath on the belt when he got out of the car? To do so you have to take your belt off.
Did he forgo wearing the sheath and decide to hold the sheath in his hand? Or slide it into a pocket? And then drop it?

If he wore black pants the sheath would be visible if it is brown leather, but not if under a long jacket.
Temps that night were 28-32 degrees- he may have had a jacket?

JMO

Last edited:
From your link:
“As many times I can try to poke holes in his affidavit, it’s still probably one of the strongest state affidavits that I’ve seen in a very, very long time,” Buckmire added.
Whilst I’m no expert, so my opinion means very little — I agree! It is so sad to read, but it has got everything they need for a solid case on the path to justice. JMO.

Thanks for sharing this. I'm tired of the speculation of why they waited so long. Beig a victim of or witness to a crime is traumatic. My experience with a long time. "It was sometime between 12 and 2 am. I was backed in the corner of the closet, standing in the closet doorway. He was in the opposite corner sitting on a bed. I last remember him raising a gun and talking $#@ about killing me. I awoke, at dawn (6am ish). When I did talk to investigators later they asked if he wad trying to kill me. I assured then if he had wanted to, he would have. That's when they told me about a bullet hole above the closet. I had no recollection of when it got there. They think he shot the gun and I fainted. As far as him, he was asleep when police got to the house to arrest me. He was also drunk". I share this to explain what can happen in all the time once a crime has been committed. BK could have went home and went to sleep too after the incident. How interesting it would be to know his entire behaviors in the 24 hours following the murders.

Hoping to hear from residents of apartment he lived in about his late nite comings and goings, surely there’s a Gladys Kravitz type there.

Jmo
Downstairs neighbor says he'd use the bathroom or vacuum at 12 or 1 in the morning.

Although MOO I think he is the murderer, if I were on a jury I would also find the DNA placement and the location of the sheath right next to a victim to be a little too convenient.

Seem exactly where I would expect to find it. Presuming that was his first victim that is where he would draw the knife from the sheath and DNA on the actual clasp seems a reasonable place to find it.

Not a fan of that particular fBI agent, former.
Everybody knew from outset it was a fixed blade knife.
Family or friends could have leaked knife sheath info.
not enough to be credible IMO

Daily Mail Jan 7, 2023

Coffindaffer appeared to side with those who believed that at least one of the accounts belonged to Kohberger, 28 - who has maintained he's innocent.

'He drove his own car, carried his phone, and didn't Clip in his sheath tight enough, so I do believe he could leave a digital trail,' she wrote in a Tweet. 'He was a hot mess. Intelligence w/no common sense equals a criminal bound to be caught.'

I love her quote, and I agree, he‘s not as smart as he thinks or as many seem to believe.
He overestimated his One brain, against an army of Families, The Public, Students, Community members, and Law Enforcement
The smart guy was outsmarted, who knew

JMO

The killer intended for this to be his ’maiden killing’, the first of many, and has a high need for people to think he is smart.
These posts appear to be exactly consistent with that kind of personality.
We know he used that social media platform- he posted questions on it for others to answer.

This guy cares much about what other people think, regarding his killing actions, that his ego overpowers his sense of self protection.
It is his ego that got him caught

I think it was him, and this will be one more piece of evidence that gets him the death penalty.

JMO
No.
His DNA and his vehicle got him caught.
And whereas I think it's likely he wanted to communicate I imagine his target would have been a LE audience, tipline or a messageboard where he knew LE were members.

It was reported his ticket on August 21st on Pullman & farm rd that he had been in the neighborhood of king rd that nite. Iirc at 11:40?
So3 months at least.

Jmo

“One of these occasions, on August 21,2022, the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources providing coverage to the King Road Residence from approximately 10:34 p.m. to 11:35 p.m. At approximately I 1:37 p.m., Kohberger was stopped by Latah County Sheriffs Deputy CPL Duke, as mentioned above. The 8548 Phone was utilizing cellular resources consistent with the location of the traffic stop during this time (Farm Road and Pullman Highway).”

...from my post Thursday:
Thursday at 5:14 PM
Add bookmark
My biggest question is how the police could almost immediately say they think there is no danger to the community after an unknown knife murderer just killed 4 people?

I hope he confesses and reveals in detail exactly how he committed this crime and how it went down. If it was my family member I would want to know everything, my mind is already imagining the worse anyway. And I say this as someone who's friend was stabbed to death. I wanted to know what happened to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend