ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, according to the affidavit, DM didn’t see him leave.

“The male walked towards the back sliding glass door. D.M. locked herself in her

Page 6/19

room after seeing the male. D.M. did not state that she recognized the male. This leads investigators to believe that the murderer left the scene.”
LE believe he left the scene.

Yea. I would absolutely do this myself but ny living situation is quite different. I live in a home with my husband and children. This house was a SHARED house with 5-6 girls living there.

I am 100% certain this is not the first time one of them saw someone the didn’t know walking around the house. The PAC states a mask covering nose and mouth - this seems like a covid mask. Again in december 2022 not an unusual thing.

People are comparing seeing a stranger in their homes to this house and it’s simply NOT comparable. Their bedrooms were there, everything else was shared space and from what it should like - many friends had been there!

Her actions are completely understandable.
There's bodycams of party's at the house with people coming and going.
She woke up, looked outside her door and was thinking "Wtf is going on?"
A dog making noise and someone crying. Nothing unusual

Ah, not in affidavit, reported in major prestige press:

Also:
so first according to major prestige press was ancestry database, then garbage, and finally cheek swab
When did they take a cheek swab from BK?

According to the affidavit DM saw BK leave the area through sliding door on 2nd floor, then she locked the room door. That's why LE are puzzled.

Where is your link to a source for the LE you are referring to that are ‘puzzled’?

LE are puzzled is a broad statement. Not all LE are ‘puzzled’. DM explained what happened in the affidavit.
Some News outlets are not as puzzled as LE, they asked experts so they understand. They are not considering her actions has having any intentions other than survival.

News Nation Psychiatrist analyzes surviving roommate's’ behavior

JMO

I'm not sure that proves why DM was spared. The roommate on the first floor was spared as well. Imo, because she wasn't seen by BK either. Neither of them were. Imo.
IMO, I have pondered weather he was aware of her presence or not. I’m still incredulous at the idea that he saw her, and left, just like that. However, after reading, and re-reading the PCA, it’s inconceivable to me that he was completely unaware of D. Bearing in mind the location of each rooms- Ds room is centrally located. BK had to walked past her room 3 times (maybe more but I’m going by PCA here). First, when he entered from the back glass sliding door to go up to the third floor, second, to make his way down to the 2nd floor and third, to exit.

PCA page 4. “D.M. stated she opened her door for the third time after she heard the crying and a male figure clad in black clothing and a mask that covered the person's mouth and nose walking towards her. D.M. described the figure as 5' I 0" or taller, male, not very muscular, but athletically with bushy eyebrows. The male walked past D.M. as she stood in a "frozen shock phase“

The descriptions is too precise as if they were in up close proximity. His black clothing, face mask and her “freeze shocked phase” reaction were hardly a deterrent from remembering his height, body build, facial feature and outfit. She has an amazing memory. I believe D was the reason as to why LE were insisting that it was a targeted a attacked. He choose to spare her. D survived a close encountered with a homicidial maniac.
Moo of course.

Attachments

• F97994AF-FA36-4C2E-9D07-990D39719B09.jpeg
    F97994AF-FA36-4C2E-9D07-990D39719B09.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 3
You've seen someone tried 4 times in the same court for the same crime, due to a hung jury each of the first three times? Love to hear about it.

I'm aware of one case of 6 criminal (re)prosecutions, but 4 convictions were achieved but reversed on appeal. (Curtis Flowers, murder, Mississippi)

And in a couple minutes looking found this piece, which is recent and oriented toward arguing against repeated prosecutions for hung juries, but it refers to third trials as exceptionally rare), so I'm curious.

https://www.hklaw.com/-/media/files...uld-a-court-limit-repeated-retrials.pdf?la=fr

(nothing discussed in this note is of the "heinous" variety; initial focus is on a regulatory violation related to chicken industry price-fixing).

Okay, I put an extra ‘again’ in there. It wasn’t deliberate. Here’s the first case that comes to mind—a father accused of tossing his 4 year old daughter off a cliff. Two hung juries and then a conviction.

And in the case of BK, I think, as long as the prosecution still believed he did it, they’d think there’d be a desperate public safety need to keep him behind bars.

MOO

Is it possible to copy and post where it states DM’s phone was in touch with Bethany’s phone in the PCA? I might be missing a page or two in my copy.
Copyng this post from OP who responded to an earlier request for the location in the PCA that talked about DM's and BF's phones. Page 5 of PCA, toward the end of the PCA.

"The combination of D.M.'s statements to law enforcement, reviews of forensic downloads of records from B.F. and D.M.'s phone, and video of suspect video as described below leads investigators to believe the homicides occurred between 4:00 a.m. and 4:25 am."

Google trends search "Bryan Kohberger Suspect" from 2008 to present. Check for yourself .. this is interesting.

wait, what?! Why would someone search his name in 2008? Does someone else share this name? What did he do in 2008? That people Googled his name? Ego surfing his own name?
If indeed born in 1994 he'd be 14 correct? I think his HS friends would have piped up if he had committed a crime that year right?

I wish MSM people would quit making stuff up. Sigh...
Some will be made up and projected. But one does need to understand that entire career relationships occur between reporters and people in govnemnt, with crime reporting a specialty. Between now and the trial there will be likely a fair amount of factual information from people working on the case leaked, it is natural and common. The limited gag order ups the consequences but wont stop it. So there will be some noise, but also a lot of factual information.
When newswriters, reporters or analysis experts in the sober media say "according to a source close to the investigation" this, in a prestige outlet, means the editor has confirmed that source is genuine and close.

"off the record" = info given to help reporter understand what happened or is happening, the source is not to be disclosed at all, and the information given is not to be disclosed unless also disclosed by a seperate source

Deep background = reporter is told something by credible source, it can be published, source is obfuscated and just named a source, "sources say"

Background: reporter is told something by credible source, it can be published, source is generalized "white house source "law enforcement source" etc.

"observers think" "obverses say"; observer= the reporter (lol)

Maybe you should read it again. It's also stated in the medias summary of the affidavit.
PCA, page 4, last paragraph through top of page 5:
...The male walked past D.M. as she stood in a "frozen shock phase." The male walked towards the back sliding glass door. D.M. locked herself in her room after seeing the male...This leads investigators to believe that the murderer left the scene.

Copyng this post from OP who responded to an earlier request for the location in the PCA that talked about DM's and BF's phones. Page 5 of PCA, toward the end of the PCA.

"The combination of D.M.'s statements to law enforcement, reviews of forensic downloads of records from B.F. and D.M.'s phone, and video of suspect video as described below leads investigators to believe the homicides occurred between 4:00 a.m. and 4:25 am."
this is also in line with the neighbor who thought he heard a scream around 4 am, right?

He could've itched his face before touching the sheath maybe. Something silly like that.

Maybe he just forgot to clean the button part.
I have been wondering if the DNA was under the button. Oils and skin flakes could have migrated under the button over time? Maybe they had to dig under the button for the DNA? MOO

If only BK were the evil genius the media seemed to want...perhaps the story would have saved some potential victims...
I wish BK would have done everything right, but still got caught. As it is, this has become a dumb criminal story, in that potential murderers who follow it might be thinking:

"What an idiot! You brought your cell with you 12 times while scoping out your targets -- sometimes in the early morning hours! And you left your sheath on Maddie's bed, with your DNA on it. And you didn't cover your shoes, And the dumbest thing ever -- you turned your phone off on the way to the murder scene, and turned it on when you left!"

Given these blunders, I wonder what else they will find... on his computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz