ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at some photos of the layout of the house again and I think this is how BK could have walked right by DMs door and not see her. The way he had to walk to go to the kitchen had him walking toward the wall in the living room that had the lit up Good Vibes sign. tThe sign would be illuminating his face and his eyes would be affected by that light. He would also likely be trying to look to the right, to get to the kitchen rather than look to the left over to DMs door.
With DM in her room, if her lights were off, and if she was not moving, would be hard to see. I really don’t think he saw her. MOO.

On Page 4 of the AA it states that DM described the PERP as “not very muscular, but athletically built” (direct quote of the AA, not DM). That seems odd to me. While it certainly is possible that someone could be athletically built but not muscular, it seems like a fine distinction to be made, particularly under the circumstances – in the dark or semi-dark, about a person presumably clothed from head to toe, and, possibly in multiple layers given the weather, and by a frightened 20/21-year-old who only saw the PERP for a few seconds.

I wonder what caused DM to describe the person in this way or that led the LE to summarize it like that.

MOO

This description actually made a lot of sense to me since it describes my husband well. He’s tall with low body fat and looks like he’s generally in good shape, but it’s more of an Adam Brody shape rather than a Henry Cavill/Aaron Judge shape lol.

Agree but it doesn’t make sense to walk right past someone in a house and not see them. Even in the dark. Very unlikely to me. There has to be a reason she was spared. I keep going back to how were these four linked that the two survivors were not?
Idk if I believe that he saw her or not. However, I don’t think we can rule out that he wanted her to be a living witness, until the trial or that info is shared. All moo

If the Moscow police were being truthful with their initial release of info, on their website they stated,

"On November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from one of the surviving roommates’ cell phones inside the residence. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before Moscow Police arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the second floor and two victims on the third floor." King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID

This states that they called their friends because they thought someone was passed out/unconscious. Which again makes me wonder how they knew someone was passed out. It means someone had to have found the victims or at least one of the victims, right? Or it means DM knew something bad had happened and waited in her room until noon. If DM thought nothing bad happened then what made them call their friends then the police (again unless they found a body.)
I suspect that the text of that 911 call was "modified" so as not to clue in BK of any consequential details of the call.

Hello all. Long time reader buy made an account because this case hits close to home for a handful
or reasons. I did want to share a story about an incident that happened to me a few years ago just to illustrate that you honestly have NO idea how you would react in this situation and the people criticizing DM are killing me. On what planet does a 19 year old female, living in an extremely safe college town (per LE) think noise at 4am in her shared party house and seeing a man she doesn’t recognize = 4 of my closest friends have just been murdered?

I’m a professional woman in my 40’s (mom, husband, kids) and live in what you would consider an affluent suburb (leaning toward rural with 1+ acre lots) town. A few years ago I went for a run around 10am on a regular Tuesday. I was running down a main road at the edge of town where houses lined one side and forest lined the other. This was not a desolate road, there is traffic and borders a much more populated town.

As i was running a truck pulled up beside me and a somewhat friendly guy asked where the closest gas station. I stood back and told him to follow the road to one or he could turn around and follow another route. He thank me and continued down the road.

I changed direction and headed back on the same road (my planned route) and maybe 5 min later he had done the same and stopped me again. Said he was confused with my directions and asks again to the closest station. I repeated what i said and he thanked me and took off. I thought it was unusual but figured he was flirting or confused and I was on mine 8 and tired - it was late winter and I was getting cold so I was just focused on getting home and warm.

Until half a mile up the road, i saw he had pulled over to the side and was standing standing leaning on the hood of the truck. My initial
thought was sort of ‘huh? wonder why he stopped again?’ I wasn’t exactly scared, but it made me nervous. I crossed to the other side of the road and there happened to be a street into a neighborhood that I took instead of staying straight and running by him. I looked at him as I turned and he looked at me, waved and said ‘hey, good to see you again’. The neighborhood houses didn’t start for a bit so the road in was just woods. I looked back once i was in the sidestreet and he was back in his truck slowly following me.

At this point I knew this was not normal but I was confused and my mind sort of went blank because I couldn’t understand why someone would follow me. It didn’t make any sense to me. I was running like I always do. I sort of froze there in the middle of the street looking at him and trying to understand what was going on. He stopped the truck, got out, and started to jog towards me and by that point I was terrified and my mind just told me to RUN.
He followed me down the street and though one yard, maybe two, then stopped. I ran through a few more and then stopped and hid in a child’s playhouse in someone’s back yard. At that point I called my husbands cell which went to voicemail so I left him a sobbing message that I was chased and scared and didn’t know what to do. I waited in that little house freezing my *advertiser censored* off and scared out of mind for about an hour and then I ran home and locked myself inside. I look back at that day and can’t understand why I didn’t take a picture of the truck and license plate or call 911 or scream or bang on someone’s door. Even when I was hiding in the playhouse terrified my mind kept questioning if I made up with happened or it wasn’t as scary as I had thought. Maybe the guy just needed directions? The idea that someone may have been trying to take me or hurt me is just so hard for me to wrap my head around. It doesn’t ‘fit’ into my life. I ended up reporting the incident to the police but was beyond humiliated that I couldn’t think more clearly or strategically in the moment.

So, please be gentle to DM. We know a tiny portion of what happened that night and we should all hope to god we never experience a fraction of what she has had - and will have to process.

I had a violent experience with a stranger, where he very suddenly popped up behind me and my friends (closest to me, tho) with an enormous blade he was trying to hack down on me! (If that sounds shocking, you're about 1/1000th as shocked as I was I assure you!)

I didn't comprehend it at all, but fortunately my instinct was still to run. Not to yell and warn anybody else, which doesn't sound like me at all. But it's ok; they ran too. The man followed for at least a while. The footsteps got too hard to discern with like 5 others running, and you're not going to turn around and slow yourself down.

So there I was leading everybody without any idea what I was doing. Just running. And I swear to you, I couldn't formulate a plan beyond running. Forever, lol. Just run. We passed by all kinds of houses, btw.

This was before cell phones, but it wouldn't have occurred to me to call. I could not think right, period.

Thank God we really did literally run up to a parked cop in his car, by pure chance. Because I had no idea where the man went or what the h#ll we were doing. It's just not logical, like the brain doesn't work at all the way you're used to.

We have seen countless pics on here of a K-Bar knife sheath, so we all know what it looks like.

Something that wasn't said in the PCA was if the sheath was a right handed or a left handed sheath...yes they do make both for obvious reasons

Do we know if BCK is a righty or lefty? The found sheath may hold more insight than just DNA. Here's my point, if he is a lefty and its a lefthanded sheath would be more incriminating due to the rarity

Now how about this...we are all wondering why and how could it be dropped at the scene? If it was worn correctly with a belt looped thru it, it would be next to impossible to fall off, basically no way. But if the killer was using a sheath not designed for his correct dexterity or dominate hand the killer may not have had it attached to his belt as designed because it would have been either backwards or awkward to un-sheath the knife quickly, so he may of just had it stuffed in his pocket reversed for easy pull out...also causing the loses of said sheath.

Just a random thought...hope in makes sense
Yes, they do make left and right handed sheaths, but as a lefty who needs/wants all lefty specific stuff as available and has used/carried fixed blade knives, I would say it isn't overly common for the average lefty to seek out a left handed sheath and honestly, the default option in stores, etc is right handed (as are way too many other things in this world, but that's another story). Imo, the only people who would actually need a sheath for a specific hand would be military or other people who would be carrying and using the knife frequently. BK wouldn't fit in that category, imo

ETA: whether it was right or left handed wouldn't matter anyway during the crime if it wasn't attached to his belt/clothing and/or if he never intended on carrying it properly

I agree about small town, visions of him trying to escape ... especially after seeing him in court with no handcuffs on ... what's with that? I would expect him to be shackled in court.

yeah see...it's that I'm a nice young man act...I would be sitting outside that cell with a shotgun all night every night.
never trust someone like this..when the mask slips it's no joke. mOO

I swear I was going to post that BK reminded me of a cross between Brian Laundrie and the character Riffraff from The Rocky Horror Picture Show film (played by Bristish actor Richard Obrien) a few days ago when OPs were giving opinions on BK/s looks or who he remined them of, before I saw this article just now!

"IDAHO murders suspect Bryan Kohberger has shown eerie similarities to “charming narcissist” Brian Laundrie, a body language expert has said."

Eerie similarities between Idaho suspect and Brian Laundrie revealed by expert

View attachment 393671

View attachment 393667

Riff Raff

View attachment 393669

Just MOO
No not like O’Brien—-he’s the genius that wrote RHPS by the way.

I thought about this too and we may never know, but this is my pure speculation. I agree with 1-3. After that, I think X may have heard something upstairs but she wasn't sure what it was. We know both M and K had boyfriends. We know they were very social, they went out to bars that night, they were chatting at the food truck.

Maybe X heard something upstairs but first thought it could just be a friend or a late-night visitor for M or K. X heads back into her room and that's when she says "there's a man here" to E (or just outloud). BK coming down the stairs hears X moving around and walks down the hall to their bedroom where he encounters X - either in the door frame or in the room.

I don't think X/E was BK's target so it is quick and then he turns to leave.

The one thing that I am confused about is if DM heard crying from X's room as she saw BK leaving. As in, BK left while X was still crying. Makes your stomach turn thinking about how unnecessary and cruel it all is. Just pointless evil.
I think the words were someone's here. And if I heard whimpering and someone say it's ok I will help you, I might think X tripped or stubbed her toe and E was helping her. Imo

Method of Mattress Removal from House???
IMO the mattresses were just moved somewhere to preserve them.
I could be ( and often am ) wrong lol
snipped for focus @Cindizzi From still pix displayed on my tablet (i.e., rather smallish), appeared to me that each one was slipped into a bag before being put into pickup truck bed.
Maybe bags like below.*
Seems like that would at least reduce chances for contamination from post-crime sources or transport.
Perhaps someone viewing on bigger screen would see differently?
Just a thought. imo jmo moo icbw

* https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Image/GetMedia/?id=447&media=7421

Agree that he probably assumed single occupied rooms and may not have realised Ethan was there that night but on the issue of his intent - to kill one or more ....

he's just driven past the house multiple times and seen that there are 4 cars parked outside the front of the house, on the murder night

And if he's done 12 visits in the weeks prior wouldn't he also have noticed that there are always plenty of cars and occupied rooms?
For sure that is something he would have noticed because that is not something that can be missed. That told him he had a houseful from which to fulfil his desire for the 4. He would have been guaranteed to get at least 4.

I'm curious about the payback for him.
Unless he filmed it the gratification period would have been way too short. What is the point? I'm not seeing revenge or any of the usual suspect reasons for such an act..
As far as we know he is not connected to any known terrorist groups or antigov.
What could be the point and where was it in his scheme of things? Do this one quadruple killing and continue as normal?
Why?

And then he ups the stakes and opts into an intensely long road trap with probably the person that knows him best in the world and has to maintain his secret under duress?

Does he even know what he allegedly did? Does part of him actually believe he did not do that thing?
Who does he think did it and if he didn't do it and has no memory of doing it why the hell did he get up at 4am to deposit potential DNA scrapings in his neighbours' dustbins?
I don't think it's very likely he was just dodging rubbish payment costs here.

I suspect that the text of that 911 call was "modified" so as not to clue in BK of any consequential details of the call.
To your point, I think that the reason LE didn't want to reveal too much about the call or release the recording is that the details about DM seeing a man in black in the house at 4:00 was mentioned. JMO.

I also see the timeline in the affidavit as a potential stumbling block, although more evidence that the prosecution has could make it erroneous. The defense will quite possibly attack the instrument used for the collection of additional evidence and the arrest. Another possible hurdle will be the announcement of the 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra, that mysteriously morphed into a 2011-2016 Hyundai Elantra, although I know of no such announcement from the official announcements made by LE.

These are just possible nits that the defense will possibly use to begin picking.

All of this is just in my humble opinion and that is normally wrong.
I thought the same about the 2011-2013 announcement as a conflict but it is explained in the affidavit plus LE didn't need to update the year to public since by that time they had already located it. Plus, as they got more surveillance they could identify it clearer than other footage,imo

We have seen countless pics on here of a K-Bar knife sheath, so we all know what it looks like.

Something that wasn't said in the PCA was if the sheath was a right handed or a left handed sheath...yes they do make both for obvious reasons

Do we know if BCK is a righty or lefty? The found sheath may hold more insight than just DNA. Here's my point, if he is a lefty and its a lefthanded sheath would be more incriminating due to the rarity

Now how about this...we are all wondering why and how could it be dropped at the scene? If it was worn correctly with a belt looped thru it, it would be next to impossible to fall off, basically no way. But if the killer was using a sheath not designed for his correct dexterity or dominate hand the killer may not have had it attached to his belt as designed because it would have been either backwards or awkward to un-sheath the knife quickly, so he may of just had it stuffed in his pocket reversed for easy pull out...also causing the loses of said sheath.

Just a random thought...hope in makes sense
right handed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members