ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
When had Kaylee gotten her new vehicle? I've been wondering if Bryan had wanted to kill the people he killed. I know Kaylee wasn't supposed to be there, but with how many times Bryan had scoped out the place he had to recognize the cars in the driveway so he would know who was there. My question is, if he had ever seen Kaylee's new car in the driveway?
That weekend was the 1st time her Range Rover, which she had bought very recently (that week?) was parked at the home. She drove from her parents' home in it specifically to show it to her dear friend Maddie.
IIRC

His coworker from 2013 said they used heroin together.
Don’t underestimate the pain pill to heroin pipeline. That escalation can happen very quickly if the person isn’t wealthy enough to afford the pills. Heroin is significantly cheaper. Edit - I know I quoted you but the reply was meant for the poster you quoted lol

It was dark, he was in black. I don't think DM's observations - or lack thereof - are a linchpin to a conviction.

I understand she's the closest thing we have to a witness but she's a victim.

Conviction of BK does not depend on anything she did or did not do.

Put yourself in her shoes at 18 or 19 in a house where strangers are frequent guests.

V-I-C-T-I-M
that is exactly true!!!!

It is the sheath and his DNA that makes the case

I am definitely not convinced he went with the intention of killing 4 people. 2 maybe, but not 4. Maddie and Xana worked at the Mad Greek so somehow they could be BKs targets for whatever his reason was. It could have been something as small as they were laughing about something and he assumed they were laughing at him when in fact they were not. That could have set him off and he decided he'd take care of them. Time went on which only increased his negative feelings toward the pair. By the time the date of the killing rolled around he was probably pretty obsessed about the whole thing and there was no turning back for him.

It's my opinion that Ethan wasn't expected to be there so that brings us to 3 people. I also don't think BK expected to find Kaylee and Maddie together in her bed. I think Kaylee was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time as was Ethan. Well, they all were in the wrong place at the wrong time but I meant that I don't think Kaylee and Ethan were on BK's kill list that night. I feel like he expected to find just Maddie in her room, and Xana without her BF.

All MOO.
Yeah, you could be right on that for sure. Whatever the reason was for targeting that house/those within it only has to make sense to him.

Imo Comments about shaving eyebrows and former drug abuse are examples of just turning life events into suspicious actions reflect bias.
Furthermore, they feed into lynch mob mentality.
I would guess many people have been, or been close with someone, who at some point in their lives has struggled with addiction.
The fact that this particular man overcame it and went to college IMO is commendable.

My professional view is that an addict become a recovering addict. There is no "overcoming" addiction in full. One of my mentors, Dr. George Bidder, created the Bidder hypothesis (we were working in inpatient units). It states: That to abandon one addiction, the person will adopt a new one. The goal is to make the new one pro-social. He also believed that a combination of new activities could amount to a substitution for the old one. If a person has compulsive eating and wants to stop, perhaps knitting will work. Something has to fill the void. Or, as he would have said, something has to flow along the synapses previously occupied by and assuaged by the addictive/misuse/obsessive process.

He wrote about it in various ways. One of his views on addiction is that it is also often self-medication and he was an early proponent of that theory, noting that each addiction has its underlying brain issues that are being addressed by the addiction. That's why some of us can be prescribed opiates for post-surgical pain and we barely touch them and there are many left over after 10 days of recuperation, but some other people will become a misuser during the Rx period and seek more opiates during and after the Rx period. They are at risk to become what he called "misusers" of Rx drugs, as he was not fond of the word "addict," even for heroin. That's because he was interested in studying exactly what the biochemistry of the brain was up to.

He was very interested in the fact that some non-alcohol users show some of the brain chemistry as alcoholics, if there is a family history of alcoholism (he was looking for genetic patterns - which he eventually discovered for several brain issues, including schizophrenia - he was not alone, many other people were doing similar research around the world at the time):

So people who end up choosing heroin or alcohol have different brain chemistry/patterns to each other (probably prior to use) and these patterns, he thought, run in biological families (genes).

There appears to have been 10 MIN available to the killer. Take a stop watch and click off that period of time while you wait. It's a LONG PERIOD OF TIME and certainly sufficient to kill four unarmed people in a compromised state. MOO
Excellent point. The prosecution should do this in opening statement or closing.

Question: What are your thoughts about his public defender being a woman with long blonde hair? Given that he allegedly killed two women who have long blonde hair, if he felt a rage towards women who have that "look", how would he act towards his public defender?
I don't think anything about her having long, blonde hair. I think here hair is irrelevant. For starters, there were 2 girls with blonde hair and a guy and a girl with brown hair. I also don't think all 4 were intended to die that night. I recently posted as to why I don't think Ethan & Kaylee were on his kill list. I think seeing an additional person in the rooms of the 2 he (IMO) went to kill were in the wrong place at the wrong time and had to be 'taken care of'. That would leave us one blonde and 1 brown haired girl.

Personally, I think it's coincidental that she has blonde hair and 2 of the victims also do. There's not a whole bunch of hair colors in the world unless you include unnaturally dyed hair colors (pink, purple, blue, etc.) and even then the number is small so I don't think anything of her hair.

Just curious if the PD had brown hair would you think it was because Ethan and Xana had brown hair? :)

Actually it is once the pattern is proven if the conduct harasses or intimidates a victim who does not give consent.
Is it possible the twelve times he was spotted watching the house (fr
When had Kaylee gotten her new vehicle? I've been wondering if Bryan had wanted to kill the people he killed. I know Kaylee wasn't supposed to be there, but with how many times Bryan had scoped out the place he had to recognize the cars in the driveway so he would know who was there. My question is, if he had ever seen Kaylee's new car in the driveway?
is it possible he was stalking for K each time she was visiting? He was tracked on his cell watching the house on 12 occasions, does each time correspond to K visiting the house?

Because of a previous poster (sorry, cant recall who) I am just trying to invision a scenario of an earlier time of death. Not sure how door dash app works, could someone else use her phone to order it?
No worries, I understand the anger.

Not sure, I guess we wait to find out.
The AA said X retrieved a DoorDash order, assuming she placed it. If it was a gift would her phone be alerted?
How would she know a delivery was left at the front door or sliding glass door?
Did DoorDash Guy knock or ring a bell? I have so many questions too.

[…]

During class, Kohberger, 28, appeared academic minded and didn’t shy away from speaking up, including challenging his classmates, said Roberts, and another master’s degree student who the Statesman granted anonymity to answer emailed questions.

Kohberger’s enthusiasm for his area of study — understanding the criminal mind — was regularly on display, they said.

“Bryan only talked about his interest in forensic psychology,” the master’s student told the Statesman. “He was an incredibly strong student and talked during class every time.”

“He sat front and center, and was not hiding or tucking back in the back,” Roberts added. “He was right there in the middle of it.”

As a result, Kohberger’s non-participation in a lengthy conversation about the Moscow homicides stands out in retrospect, said the master’s student. The person said they had four classes with the man now sitting in the Latah County Jail, including a courts and legal process class where the killings were discussed before the semester ended the week of Dec. 12.

“He was completely silent,” Kohberger’s classmate said.

[…]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member