ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here guns are legal everywhere. We have open carry. Fireworks are illegal in city limits. It is illegal to shoot off a gun in city limits though. Most people think it is a car backfiring if they hear a loud bang. More than one, then it's gunfire and usually called in. Unless it is New Years Eve where everyone shoots off guns at midnight.

One point, there is a very different sound between fireworks and gunfire, for those of us who have been around both most of our lives, it is easy to tell the difference. Gunfire and a car backfiring, not so much.

JMO

I *believe* I can tell the difference too, but I always trust my husband's opinion (served in the military). My dad could tell you the approximate caliber, but I am going to stick to "kind of can tell the difference between fireworks and gunfire," although if I'm awakened from a sound sleep, I always doubt my judgment.

We had a LOT of gunfire this NYE (completely illegal here). And fortunately, the dry conditions predicted for December did not come about, there was plenty of humidity. I always worry about the fact that the bullets do have to come back down (usually at terminal velocity, from what I understand). It's a wonder we don't see more deaths (but there are often some, every NYE, from shooting into the air).

If I think I hear gunfire, I tell myself it was just a car backfiring, but I stay awake and listen. Pretty sure I can hear anyone coming on my property from the back and we have motion lights plus other measures in the front (and a very sensitive alarm in the form of the animal shown in my avatar - a bit too sensitive sometimes, but we're fine with it).

If I go to the gun range frequently, my ability to distinguish gets much better, but those are shutting down all around where I live. Fortunately, such noises are extremely rare in our neighborhood. We can't even open carry a pellet gun.

There's a gag order, as we all know already.
They can't speak, at risk of sanction from the court ( & presumably disciplinary from LE)

So here's NYP today, claiming it's relying on a 'Idaho lawman source'

Lawman source claims:
- Cops are still “puzzled” about why a surviving roommate in the University of Idaho quadruple murder waited eight hours after the slaughter to call police, an Idaho law enforcement source told The Post.
-Law enforcement is also currently coming up empty in their search for connections between the six students and the accused killer

2 huge photos of DM at Post link
It's just awful how those online SM sleuths are bandying her name around....... ;)

Irresponsible journalism is endangering a witness which also risks compromising a trial.

ofc there will be a mountain of evidence to come, but as things stand:

Buckmire noted that the rural area where the stabbings took place wasn’t exactly brimming with cell phone towers.

“If we have two cell phone towers that are tracking from nine to 10 miles apart […] him being pinged on two different cell towers doesn’t mean anything,” he added.

That’s why former federal prosecutor Mitchell Epner said flatly that the government would hope to have much more evidence than is apparent in that affidavit before any trial.

I wouldn't have called my parents. They're not there, they'll just freak out over stuff they can't actually do anything about, and if I start trying to explain all the late night antics, I'm either going to have to edit out a lot or I'll be on the phone till dinnertime getting the third degree. I'd call my friends who are right there and who will get the situation without me having to convey what's "normal" before I can even start explaining what not normal thing has happened.

Yeah, parents would not be a time saving way of getting any help. They can do nothing, not even call 911 if out of the area, and they'll just ask a bunch of questions. Source: Am parent.

I find it quite telling there’s been zero mention of him ever having a romantic relationship, no mention of a prom date even. I mean sheesh, even dahmer had a prom date.
He isn’t a bad looking guy, physically hes quite attractive. 6 ft, slim, nice hair. I can only think … he didn’t really want one?
It could be that his personality was so off putting.

She did not 'identify' BK. She desribed to the police the characteristics of the person she saw that night when she was interviewed after the crime. The bushy eyebrows description was in the PCA. Everyone else, LE, etc are the ones making the connection.

Right , I hear you—the article I reposted said she identified him, so wasn’t sure if I missed something.

In this first screenshot I think his eyebrows look both "bushy" and prominent.

Someone posted that he shaved his eyebrows for his appearance in court but I have not been able to find a link for this statement.

Here is a screenshot of BK in court, I can't tell for sure if he shaved his eyebrows.

You can enlarge the screenshots with your fingers to see them much better.
retired hair dresser here (amongst other things) : Men's eyebrows are easily trimmed into submission for a cleaner groomed look with scissors and razors. If he had shaved them off he would have looked odd for a couple of months at least. He would stand out and draw attention to himself.

They looked bushy and prominant the first time I saw his pic, too.

ofc there will be a mountain of evidence to come, but as things stand:

Buckmire noted that the rural area where the stabbings took place wasn’t exactly brimming with cell phone towers.

“If we have two cell phone towers that are tracking from nine to 10 miles apart […] him being pinged on two different cell towers doesn’t mean anything,” he added.

That’s why former federal prosecutor Mitchell Epner said flatly that the government would hope to have much more evidence than is apparent in that affidavit before any trial.

The Molly Tibbetts case comes to mind here. Her cell phone pings in coordination with her killer's vehicle movements were used as evidence in the trial, although admittedly, they traveled some rural roads to get to the body site, but only a few cell towers were present. Surveillance footage from town captured her killer's vehicle circling back and forth near where she was running. LE used that footage and drove around until they found a vehicle matching the description. He was arrested.

In that case, MT's blood and DNA were ultimately found in the trunk of his vehicle.

We have to remember that the PCA was written before BK's arrest and the subsequent seizure of his vehicle and search of his apartment. This is on top of additional evidence collected at the crime scene, additional camera footage, additional witness statements, etc. that we don't know about. JMO.

Police should check the west side of quarry pond on Quarry Lane about 3 miles south of Moscow on west side of Hwy 95 for suspects clothing and weapon.
If he left murder scene at 4:20, then turned cell phone back on at 4:48 near Blaine (6 miles south) that would mean there is about 20 minutes unaccounted for.
Google Earth shows an easy exit and private area to get rid of evidence. If it’s really an old quarry it is likely deep with steep sides.
Allowing a few minutes to feel safe to turn his phone back on makes this a prime spot to look for the missing evidence.

The Molly Tibbetts case comes to mind here. Her cell phone pings in coordination with her killer's vehicle movements were used as evidence in the trial, although admittedly, they traveled some rural roads to get to the body site, but only a few cell towers were present. Surveillance footage from town captured her killer's vehicle circling back and forth near where she was running. LE used that footage and drove around until they found a vehicle matching the description. He was arrested.

In that case, MT's blood and DNA were ultimately found in the trunk of his vehicle.

We have to remember that the PCA was written before BK's arrest and the subsequent seizure of his vehicle and search of his apartment. This is on top of additional evidence collected at the crime scene, additional camera footage, additional witness statements, etc. that we don't know about.
JMO.
for sure

That's why I posted that I am expecting a ' mountain of evidence to come'
( some members had already said, otoh, that they'd already convict on the basis of the PCA alone. I wouldn't. It's likely to to be a DP case)

JMO -- not saying any of this is fair or appropriate, no victim should be blamed, both re: the TOS here at WS and also because it's just generally a nasty thing to do.

IMO in a lot of people's subconscious analysis, K and M were absolved from criticism early on as victims because 1) their condition on the food truck video; 2) the initial statements about "in bed;" 3) the time their electronic activity ended and they theoretically went to sleep.

X got the same credit because of the statements about struggle, defensive wounds, etc.

E is a wild card, but there's kind of an assumption that he was a guy, he was decent-sized, surely he would have fought if he could, so he must have been unable to.

I find it quite telling there’s been zero mention of him ever having a romantic relationship, no mention of a prom date even. I mean sheesh, even dahmer had a prom date.
He isn’t a bad looking guy, physically hes quite attractive. 6 ft, slim, nice hair. I can only think … he didn’t really want one?
I think the prom date herself would have to come out of the woodwork. I also know a ton of people who just don't go to prom, it's less of a thing than it was 40 years ago with JD.

IMO he might do fine on dating apps on the virtue of being 6' and fairly attractive, but everyone who talks about him seems to say creepy or weird especially towards women. Perhaps he was rejected by a lot of females either on early dates or if he tried to talk to them, hence the hatred toward the pretty, popular sorority girls.

That exposes a lot more than just eyebrows. Eye shape and size, eye color, bridge of nose. If it was pitch black dark, would you even see bushy eyebrows? Maybe her eyes were acclimated to the dark just enough to make out the bushy eyebrows. She nailed the height and build. Athletic build but not muscular. Classic runner frame, lean and athletic but not bulky. There have been multiple accounts of him running up to 6-7 miles at a time.

The only thing I have to say about it is....even when I was 20 I couldn't have gone 8 hours without using the john. And now...lol. So maybe there was nothing in the hall or bathroom like blood, and she did use the john, then only later that morning tried to wake E and X thru the closed door, or maybe noticed blood that she had not seen in the dark. Especially when I was in college and a beer drinker I definitely could not have avoided a bathroom every couple of hours. Not saying she had been drinking, I don't know. But it will be one of the first questions from the defense. Imo
Yes.
About not noticing blood: it's not like the house was covered in white carpet. Check out the flooring in the pics.

So according to the article, she identified him based on his eyebrows, height and build? Eyewitness identification is notoriously unreliable— is anyone else surprised they would use her description to help identify him? I guess it worked out since the DNA matched, but I can’t see them using this in court…..
I think they actually will use it in court, she nailed his description, and I imagine there is more from her interview that didn't make the PCA that will be utilized. He fits an eyewitness description AND his DNA was there AND his car/cell phone were there. Just adding to the mountain of evidence. DM testimony will add a personal element that the hard data lacks.

We're all familiar with the msm publicity around BK's Reddit survey & the interpretations of that.
We also heard in that latest Idaho Statesman link, that when he was with the masters students at WSU that first semester he was still saying that his principle interest was in forensic psychology ( link below)

in one of his first posts, BK uses a survey style to ask if any other people feel this badly. He's 15 ( it's before he studied Psychology at Northampton College)

example questions he asks:
'Do you feel depersonalized?'
'Does time go fast? '
'Do you feel hopeless?'

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article270876677.html#storylink=cpy
Visual snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member