ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
What states surround PA?
I couldn't find anything in PA, I searched for knife crime only
Jersey. Ohio. New York. Delaware. Maryland. West Virginia. We have quite a few states that would be less than a 5 hour drive for him. It's tight here in the NE.

New York is very close to the area he lived in PA. I believe less than an hour. Many people work in New York but live in that area of PA for various reasons.

ETA just checked. Albrightsville to New York is 85 miles.

Imho

The second time was actually the next day - Nov 14th. And if you want to talk about ambiguous wording, decypher this for me.

"Investigators found that the 8458 Phone did connect to a cell phone tower that provides service to Moscow on November 14, 2022, but investigators do not believe the 8458 Phone was in Moscow on that date," Payne wrote.
It could mean that the 8458 phone was near Moscow and was picked up both both a cell phone tower that provides service to Moscow and also by one in a neighboring area, in a way that would imply that the phone was in the neighboring area and not in Moscow itself.

JMO

Jersey. Ohio. New York. Delaware. Maryland. West Virginia. We have quite a few states that would be less than a 5 hour drive for him. It's tight here in the NE.

New York is very close to the area he lived in PA. I believe less than an hour. Many people work in New York but live in that area of PA for various reasons.

Imho
Yiikes, that's a very big search area for unsolved knife killings.. Thanks Yepper!

So wasn’t it mentioned one of BK’s areas of study was data something? Anyone recall? Wondering what that is exactly.

Do you mean his past degrees? Appears to be a BA in psychology and a Master's in criminal justice. He apparently claims to have a background (certificate) in cloud data for criminal justice, but when he stated that on an application in WSU- Pullman, he was rejected for the job and I don't think it was announced or called out at his graduation from DeSales.

As far as we know it's psychology and criminal justice. No "data something," just one course in stats and then Prof B (his thesis advisor) said he was unable to come up with data for his master's thesis (so she helped him do something else).

Source please? This is really new and essential information - we all need to know how you know this. LINK please??
Just common sense, logic and a tinge of knowledge of arrest procedure and evidence collection. Think of it, they arrested him as a suspect in a quadruple murder in which a bloody shoe print was left behind. Somewhere it is alleged that the prints are from Vans shoes. If he was wearing Vans on arrest, the shoes were taken as evidence.

Seems improbable that LE would allow him to be in custody for days wearing possible evidence that connects him to the crime scene.

In the ten plus years I have been here, I have never called suspects or POI''s by anything other than intials, but the victims have done nothing to have their names hidden, and for that reason, I will continue to say their names...

Kaylee Goncalves
Maddie Mogen
Xana Kernodle
Ethan Chapin

While their killer's name does not deserve to be spoken or remembered, their names will be remembered forever by all that know and love them, and many who have never met them. JMO

::::

I was beginning to feel alone and starting to conform. Thank you. This is how I feel as well. I totally agree with you.

Welllll, it's my understanding that the car was registered in the name of one of BK's parents, so he didn't own a white car. Captain Analytical, they call me.

As a result of that query he located a 20I5 white Elantra with a Pennsylvania license plate LFZ-8649.

This vehicle was registered o Bryan Kohberger
See page 9 of the PCA,

There does not have to be some nefarious "reason" why the father flew out to accompany his son back to Pa. It may well have been that his father chose to do it, so that his son would not have to drive cross-country alone. As a father, myself, that makes perfect sense to me. And my son is older than BK, but I would love to have that kind of father-son time again. Your screen name hints that perhaps you prefer to travel alone. That is fine, but not everyone does. JMO
Absolutely. My son lives about 1,000 miles away. He is also 28 and I have offered to fly out and ride back with him on multiple occasions. He's never taken me up on it but I'm willing.

Also, do we know if his dad is still working? He could very well be retired, bored and looking for ways to get out of the house.

ETA- I don't actually want/need to know if his dad is retired.

Last edited:
Do you mean his past degrees? Appears to be a BA in psychology and a Master's in criminal justice. He apparently claims to have a background (certificate) in cloud data for criminal justice, but when he stated that on an application in WSU- Pullman, he was rejected for the job and I don't think it was announced or called out at his graduation from DeSales.

As far as we know it's psychology and criminal justice. No "data something," just one course in stats and then Prof B (his thesis advisor) said he was unable to come up with data for his master's thesis (so she helped him do something else).
It was the Cloud data I was thinking of.

Just common sense, logic and a tinge of knowledge of arrest procedure and evidence collection. Think of it, they arrested him as a suspect in a quadruple murder in which a bloody shoe print was left behind. Somewhere it is alleged that the prints are from Vans shoes. If he was wearing Vans on arrest, the shoes were taken as evidence.

Seems improbable that LE would allow him to be in custody for days wearing possible evidence that connects him to the crime scene.
These don't look like Vans

<modsnip>

I agree that it's unlikely - but nothing about this case is likely.

<modsnip>

We theorize lots of things here, but it's great to have actual documentation. Keep in mind that the latent footprint evidence may not have been known to PA LE and this all happened fairly quickly.

I figure he had already disposed of them, but if he was still in possession of or wearing Van's by the time he was arrested, I'd like to know. I am aware that sometime between arrest minute and arrival in Idaho, someone would have taken them into evidence, but I'd like to see it verified.

That's all. Not everything goes down in a case like this according to logic.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the Cloud data I was thinking of.

Right - well they DO have that program at DeSales - but did he actually do it? Or just claim that he did on his application, is what I'm wondering.

(Given his crime, it seems he learned nothing or forgot it all). Of course that wouldn't be the only weird twist in a crime, by a long shot.

Any thoughts on why he used his own car on the night of the murders?

Given that many homes have cameras, using his own car seems to indicate a remarkable lack of forethought and planning. If he planned all of this carefully, I'm puzzled as to how he decided to use his own car.

IDK - what if he'd hadn't decided he was going to commit a murder on 13th

what if on some of those other 12 visits to the area, he also switched off his phone for a few hours en route? ( That level of detail wouldn't need to go into that PCA) eg he'd also planned to commit the crime or a different crime on a previous visit, perhaps leaving the car further away & approaching by foot.

or what if he was out of his mind on 13th and this is why his behaviour is so frantic & so reckless rather than careful? ( out of his mind - am being deliberately vague, could mean drugs, could be anything)

or what if his original plan involved several target houses in the King road area but . ( IDK the specificity of these towers' triangulation vs number of houses with mainly women residents)

BTW am not expecting any answers to any of these, Maybe 2024 we might get more info?

link for the c12 visits
Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 03.15.55.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads