ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to burst your bubble, but somebody would absolutely publish it. Somebody printed If I Did It by OJ.
In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote, which pretty much was the beginning of the true crime genre, about a quadruple murder in Kansas in the late 50's. Helter Skelter, by Vincent Bugliosi, about the Manson murders. The Executioner's Song, by Norman Mailer, about Gary Gilmore. The Stranger Beside Me, by Ann Rule, about Ted Bundy.

I could go on and on. True crime is a big seller in literature, and I dare say many, if not most of us here, would read a well-written factual book about these murders. JMO

Isn't there a law that a convict cannot earn money from a book written about their crime?

Nobody would publish it anyway.

Yes, but Dennis Rader and Jesperson got around that by having someone else be the "author" while the entire book is actually their words. Dr Ramsland, BCK's prof at DeSales sort of specializes in this.

SHE gets the money, not her criminal subjects, but I have no idea how that's really working out in the end. She writes a lot of true crime, basically. She writes about ghost hunting and vampires - and serial killers. She already knows BCK so I do wonder if she will do it. If she doesn't do it, I bet his other professor, Prof B would do it.

Ed Kemper got his story out by having various criminologists and psychiatrists write about him.

So I believe BCK will indeed pen his own version of the story (or pencil it if he's in a prison where they won't allow him a pen). I think he'll be a model prisoner so as to get several privileges, such as time in the prison library, and writing materials. If Dr R does write it, she'll come visit him too.

Yet he made so many mistakes!

Despite taking classes about digital forensics etc, he brought his phone to the scene (lol) and turned it off and on shortly before and after the crimes, pinging within the vicinity of the crime scene.

Plus the knife sheath which just cements his guilt IMHO.

Also wanted to note that when looking at the knife in pictures, IMO the weapon itself did a lot of the damage, not so much that BK had amazing knife wielding skills.
Yes , I heard that with the K-Bar, one stab and you’ll bleed out, it’s a powerful weapon.

NYPost link:

from your link

“It wasn’t because I was scared of him or thought he would hurt me if I asked him to leave. It was just mostly because I’m socially awkward. I didn’t know how to ask him to leave,” the woman claimed.

Kohberger then allegedly messaged the woman on Tinder to tell her he was leaving.

While her plan was successful, Kohberger allegedly texted her about an hour later and said she had “good birthing hips,” the woman claimed.

“So I never talked to him [again]
,” she added at the very end of her video.

:rolleyes:

The signature theory sounds interesting! Maybe he was planning more murders in the future and planned on leaving Ka-Bar sheaths at each one. It could be he wanted to be known as the Ka-Bar killer. And I know this may be a stretch but maybe Ka-Bar is a sick play on his name….<modsnip>
Guaranteed to ensure he would enter prison as a famous ghoul...?
I shouldn't even think about him because he drives me nuts!
Outrageously ridiculous as well as totally rabidly vicious...it's a weird one.. like trying to analyse the wind..

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, I would interpret this using Occams Razor as : THE TARGET WAS MADDIE
Yes, or Kaylee, since both were in the same room.
In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote, which pretty much was the beginning of the true crime genre, about a quadruple murder in Kansas in the late 50's. Helter Skelter, by Vincent Bugliosi, about the Manson murders. The Executioner's Song, by Norman Mailer, about Gary Gilmore. The Stranger Beside Me, by Ann Rule, about Ted Bundy.

I could go on and on. True crime is a big seller in literature, and I dare say many, if not most of us here, would read a well-written factual book about these murders. JMO
Yes, good point. I remember reading Helter Skelter back in the day.

from your link

“It wasn’t because I was scared of him or thought he would hurt me if I asked him to leave. It was just mostly because I’m socially awkward. I didn’t know how to ask him to leave,” the woman claimed.

Kohberger then allegedly messaged the woman on Tinder to tell her he was leaving.

While her plan was successful, Kohberger allegedly texted her about an hour later and said she had “good birthing hips,” the woman claimed.

“So I never talked to him [again]
,” she added at the very end of her video.

:rolleyes:

I don't know whether to believe that gal's story or not. It seems like tragedies such as this one bring the kooks out of the woodwork, and we get lots of false stories.

But, some could be true.

One thing I'm curious about from the affidavit is the claim that he made several trips near the kill house from June through November. But, they were all made late at night or early morning. Why?

And, did he make those trips during summer months when the students weren't in school?

Maybe that's why LE said he might have targeted the "residence." Maybe he drove through in the wee hours and found the lights on in that house. Repeatedly.

I had thought about this too! Though I had wondered if perhaps BK was driving by late all of those nights to try to gauge when the lights often go off in the home so that he could estimate the best time to ambush the occupants when they were most vulnerable — when they were sleeping. That was how I was trying to make sense of his initial 3 passes by the residence on the night of the attacks, too. IIRC, it was a big football weekend (I think?) and perhaps many college students were out later than usual and he didn’t account for that and so the lights were on later than usual, forcing him to make multiple passes. It would be interesting to know what days of the week his phone pinged in that area prior to the murders.

I hadn’t considered the aspect that you bring up though about school not yet being in session over the summer months! Definitely a good point and one I’ll think more about.

No, I'm not saying that it's OK to be teased at all. I'm saying that kids are relentless and will tease other kids over anything (I was teased for being skinny, he was teased for being overweight and weird). I was also teased because my parents drove a nice car. So what? I wish it weren't like that, but it was that way when I was growing up 45 years ago and it continues to be like that. It's normal behavior, but I'm not saying it's right.

It is indeed normal behavior and happens in many cultures all around the world. It's a common way of setting up societal expectations and low level social control. It's always interested me that in some culture the teasing is entirely around shared social rules (being quiet at night; not eating all the food before others have some, etc) and it actually works pretty well. In some cultures, people get a teasing nickname to remind them not to break the rules, and when they grow up enough (if they do), people stop using that name and nickname them something else.

For example, a child in New Guinea who wandered off when he was about 4 was nicknamed "Wrong Path" and that pretty much became his name. A man retained the name "Big Anger" from childhood until he died, even though he became known as the group's diplomat and as a kind husband and father.

I received a one-time approval from a WS Admin for this article only from Airmail.news that gives a probable explanation for why the initial 911 call was coded as for a unconscious person, the tip from a gas station worker led to search for the White Elantra, the psychological impact on the investigators and how citizen sleuths played a critical role in the eventual arrest.

The article is from Howard Blum, a two-time Pultizer Prize winner who is a former New York reporter and Edgar Allen Poe Award winner. It's the first of a two-part series.

An Exclusive Look Inside the Idaho Murders: Part I (Paywall Version)

The Eyes of a Killer (Free Trial, Non Paywall Version)

Thank you so much for this @gizmobtj. It is great to finally have a well-written, intelligent piece of long-form journalism devoted to this tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46