ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 62

Status
Not open for further replies.
One would think that would be true at a private practice, as well. Perhaps moreso.

Student healthcare students often have lots of students working there.
I can't think of any health care provider who doesn't have to follow the rules. It's a moot point.

I was secretly hoping he visited a Chiropractor with a wrenched back. ;)

I just can’t stop thinking about how sloppy he was. It makes no sense. He was a doctorate student studying criminology. Yet, he brought his phone and car to the scene, he put the sheath down, he chose a method that is almost guaranteed to leave dna behind. He had to have known better. It even briefly crossed my mind that he was framed. Did anyne have access to his apartment and could have taken his phone and car and planted his dna on the sheath?

His name is protected health information.
The meaning of PHI includes a wide variety of identifiers and different information recorded throughout the course of routine treatment and billing. snipped from your source.

This is all said with love and respect for all of you!
It is if it includes other information along with your name(identifier example), hence the word 'and' is in the sentence. IMO

I can't think of any health care provider who doesn't have to follow the rules. It's a moot point.

I was secretly hoping he visited a Chiropractor with a wrenched back. ;)
True. The students who work at the university health centers I am familiar with are trained in HIPAA/confidentiality as well as professional conduct, and are held to the same standard as anyone else working there.

BL was chatty and happier after he made his dream come true, bet he watched news and relived the whole scene seeing the house, news etc. he is not like regular people. This was his thrill!!!
My take on it is that he had been obsessing over it for some time, and when the deed was finally done he felt a great sense of relief at having gotten it out of his system. Based on what we're finding out about him, I don't think he felt any particular guilt or sense of remorse. He'd be worried about getting caught, but in a cerebral way, not a visceral one.

It is a complex issue. It is entirely possible that our descendants will think the construct of how we deal with crime today as barbaric as we think hanging bread thieves was in the past.
Brain scans and even theoretical physics are kind of telling us now that free will is just a perception. That the idea that we decide things maybe simply be an illusion. That our brains "decision making" centers light up after we actually decide something, not before. And what our brains are really doing is simply creating a narrative to explain what we did to our conscious selves, that makes us think we make decisions. And that everything that peopel do that is bad or anti-soocial, whether it be generic assh0lery of cutting in line, or nation level mass geocide, can be explained by processes no one is deciding, be they social or varying degrees of deficiencies in certain parts of the brain.

I alternate between supporting full on retributive justice, wanting to see people like the accused put in a room with the fathers so they can rip him to shreds in the most prolonged way possible. And at other times I think this person, and all violent criminals, have damage in brain he is no more responsible for than any other type of injury. Evolution after all has experimented with the brain, mainly as a dimorphous species with the male brain. It is the core reason why evolutionary biologists explain why mental illness has not been removed by natural selection. For example tendency along a scale to Asperger's type may enable outlier genius to hyper focus to the benefit of the group, or demonstrated tendency toward certain level of psychopathy among poltical leaders (left, right and center) may also benefit the group they lead.

I am sure I will tick some people off with that. But the legal issues of criminals' responsibility and mental illness are just constructs that have moved around over time.
the short answer is that he cannot live among us because he cannot, or will not, play by the rules of society.

I sometimes think that there was a more primitive time in history when killing- predatory animals, hostile tribe members, etc.,- was a more valued activity and these people's "talents" were more useful to society- so they are just a throwback to a different time- but I am not sure if history really supports that.

Ccging said:
Possible but I think they are really going to go after them about the time gap before the 911 call and also that they called friends first. Not sure how the jury will react.
Can’t see that being relevant to defense of BK on charges of four counts of murder. His DNA on sheath places him at crime scene at time of murders.
I hope defense doesn’t try to pin the deaths of the roommates on DM, saying if 911 was called immediately, there may have been survivors.

Due to the brutal nature of the stabbing injuries, I don’t think the timing of 911 call would have made a difference; they bled out and died quickly. But defense may try using this scenario to convince jury of reasonable doubt.
I worry about DM and long term mental health concerns.

Possible but I think they are really going to go after them about the time gap before the 911 call and also that they called friends first. Not sure how the jury will react.
If I were a juror I'd feel outraged that they went that route, especially since it has no bearing on the defendant's guilt. But then, they don't want me or my ilk as jurors.

I appreciate your thoughtful reply. I also imagine his family was hopeful when he went away. There must have been plenty of issues. IMO
You are clearly right; something, then everything, broke, unraveling into a million fragmented conniving competing conflicting pieces that he tried to string together, in isolation, in a swirling void, it seems. JMO
Maybe he was encouraged to be strong, a man, not a bullied victim. Maybe the murders are his deranged response. I’m not convinced he cares about living. I still wonder if he chose the house of victims simply because they were happy. It will be nice to find out if he monitored the food truck live feed and calculated opportunity that night.
The contradictions are confounding.
Somehow I think his deranged homicidal impulses or obsession comes from a much more deep seated resentment and revenge- payback- going back to childhood and early adolescence.
Also, excuse me, but I’ve seen here repeated references to his not graduating High School but have not seen it mentioned in MSM or commented on by his old classmates. We’ve all seen his gaunt Senior photo.
Did he not graduate with his Class? Also,to be fair, pretty much everyone studied online from 2020-2022.
I guess he got student loans? I saw that the tuition for his DeSales Masters program was $24,000.
Do we know what he would pay at WSU?
For myself this series of posts is a good example of the line of thinking. I believe the 5th through 8th grade journey is the formation of the individual. How they survive those years has a strong impact on their self image compared to their peers and what they strive for as adults. It would appear the family is close and supportive that he was able to take the initiative to straighten his way out of addiction, attend undergrad, masters, and acceptance to a PhD program. We don't need to go to a top 5 school to demonstrate our ability to succeed in life. Many recent successful example actually dropped out of college (I am sure we can think of about 5) consider Einstein if you will, Beethoven. All a bit odd, with strong will, and even potentially so capable of commiting murder if pushed beyond their ability to rationalize a wrong. Had he not be accused, he may have graduated with his PhD and been that odd behaving professor some of us have known that really doesn't seem to like the children students because of how disgustingly childish and stupid the professor may view them.

So, as you say, he may have been bullied and his outside allies attempting to show compassion may encourage him to fight back, be a man, stand strong. It can be a daily thing with a reminder ever few hours. And once you are defined, it really seems that few allow the guy to just chill. When he does, he may try to rationalize and he may brood, become depressed, anger, and start over the grieving process over and over. Our public school and private school environment needs to be evaluated to find the best way to form these children. He is responsible for what may have done IMHO. However, it is very very sad for the loss the families and community have had. It is also sad that this has happened to the family of the accused. Can we invest 600 million into middle school programs that address the environment these outliers may encounter ? IMHO :)

After committing this horrific crime, he seemed more confident and at ease in conversations both in class and in this medical appointment.

Seems that engaging in a monstrous mass murder enhanced his self-esteem and empowered him to interact with others as a confident, friendly and so-called caring guy. MOO
Everything I read stated or implied BK had a[nother] transformation after the murders. There were some reports that claimed him to be "chatty", except when the class talked about the murders; in which case he was quiet. But, for the most part, he started to let himself go, seemed preoccupied, grew out his facial hair, stopped leaving notes on the papers he graded, etc.

*edited to add link

I just can’t stop thinking about how sloppy he was. It makes no sense. He was a doctorate student studying criminology. Yet, he brought his phone and car to the scene, he put the sheath down, he chose a method that is almost guaranteed to leave dna behind. He had to have known better. It even briefly crossed my mind that he was framed. Did anyne have access to his apartment and could have taken his phone and car and planted his dna on the sheath?
In a word (well, two) extremely doubtful.

A compulsion to commit mass murder could be seen as having the ability to derange someone to the extent that none of their actions make sense to the non-deranged.

JMHO

It was ill-advised for them to give any information. IMO, health information is not limited to the physical. What the receptionists allegedly said could possibly involve BK's mental health. Sure, HIPAA has plenty of legalese but it is also applied as just basic human decency to keep what happens in a physician's office private for patients. JMO and experience.
I am strictly speaking on what she actually said and nothing was disclosed. IMO Respectfully I agree, to disagree.

But if he's determined to be famous and co-write a book, he might want the preliminary. Or he might want it to keep his mind occupied. Nothing worse than leaving grad school/computers/libraries cold turkey. IMO.
I can't help but think that a person who can't be deterred by the prospect of spending his entire life in prison is the sort of person you don't want loose in society.

Depending on where he went for his medical appointment it might not be covered by HIPAA. Most colleges, universities and educational institutions are considered HIPAA exempt.
They're covered under FERPA (due to nature of records and a few other factors).

Attachments

• fp.JPG
    fp.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics