ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

Take notice folks ... Websleuths will not tolerate disparaging comments about other members.

If you engage in rude personal attacks against another member, you will receive a minimum 1 week Time Out. Depending on the consequences of such attacks, there may be a permanent loss of posting privileges.

Sillybilly
WS Admin

ADMIN NOTE:

The true crime community is inundated with discussion of the Daily Mail article about the Reddit posts by Pappa Rodger and InsideLooking possibly having been made by BK. That is still speculation with no confirmation from official sources. As there is a gag order in place, there is no new ‘official’ information for discussion.

Websleuths would not normally allow discussion of any Reddit posts UNLESS the social media account is known to belong to a victim or a POI/suspect. After discussion with Tricia, Websleuths is making a thread specific exception in this instance to allow discussion of those 2 accounts because it is being covered by MSM and our WS approved sources (Jennifer Coffindaffer and Hidden True Crime).

At all times members must remember that, although suspected to be BK, those accounts are NOT CONFIRMED to be made by him and information must be taken with a very large grain of salt.

For example ... the DM article indicates that PR’s posts stopped after BK’s arrest. There is a screenshot in the DM article where a Reddit Admin specifically states the PR account had been removed by Reddit the day before BK’s arrest.

This will give our members something to discuss and speculate about but please remember to take it all with that big grain of salt.

Any questions, please do not ask them on the thread. Just jump off any post to Report and ask and a Mod or Admin will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks !!

ADMIN REMINDERS:

If this keeps up, we're going to need a separate thread just for reminders ;)

WS doesn’t tolerate rudeness. Unless you are a WS verified expert, the opinions of other members are just as valid as yours. If you disagree with an opinion you can either respond respectfully or scroll and roll without comment.

We don’t allow posts promoting fundraising. If we did it for one, we would be expected to do it for all, and with the thousands of threads we have, that’s just not possible.

Oh, and please stop telling others what to do, say, or think. Post respectfully toward other members or Report it if you have an issue.

Thanks !!

ADMIN NOTE:

The only mental health conditions that are now allowed for discussion are those referenced in MSM and other WS approved sources (which includes those mentioned in the unconfirmed accounts of BK himself.)

Otherwise it's like Bartholomew hats with members speculating from A to Z in the DSM.

IMPORTANT REMINDER:

Articles that are behind a paywall cannot be direct quoted. To do so is a copyright infringement and a violation of WS Copyright Rules.

The whole idea of a subscription is that the content be paid for. Members can provide the link for others who may have a subscription, and can either use the short google hit summary or briefly paraphrase what the content refers to.

Just no direct quoting or posting images from the paywalled article itself. There are actually people who get paid to surf the net looking for infringements.

Please report any and all posts that violate copyright law.

Wow, 63 threads.

That's nuts... but then again, this murder was nuts too.

Probably already discussed on here, but BK dumping the cleaning supplies/garbage at 4am before he was arrested is going to be a treasure trove of evidence.

If he cleaned more of the interior, is there going to be blood in some of the samples of the cleaning materials (rags, Q tips, etc.)?

LE surveilling him was a great tactical move. It allows them to both get his DNA before they arrest as well as test the trash he thru out for any of the 4 victim's DNA.

They find any of the victim's DNA in that, it's checkmate.

The question whether BK will write his experiences down for later publication has come up, and perhaps this answer has been posted before. If that's the case I apologize for the repetition.

BK won't profit from any kind of publication of his story if the state enforces its "Son of Sam" statute, section 19-5301, which states:

"DISTRIBUTION OF MONEYS RECEIVED AS A RESULT OF THE COMMISSION OF CRIME.

(1) Every person, firm, corporation, partnership, association or other legal entity contracting with any person or the representative or assignee of any person, accused of a crime in this state, with respect to the reenactment of such crime, by way of a movie, book, magazine article, radio or television presentation, live entertainment of any kind, or from the expression of such person’s thoughts, feelings, opinions or emotions regarding such crime, shall pay over to the state treasurer any moneys which would otherwise, by terms of such contract, be owing to the person so convicted or his representatives. The state treasurer shall deposit such moneys in an escrow account for the benefit of and payable to any victim of crimes committed by such person, provided that such person is eventually convicted of the crime or is acquitted on the ground of mental disease or defect excluding responsibility and provided further that such victim, or his personal representative, within five (5) years of the date the escrow account has been established, brings a civil action in a court of competent jurisdiction and recovers a money judgment against such person or his representatives.

(2) The state treasurer, at least once every six (6) months for five (5) years from the date it receives such moneys, shall cause to have published a legal notice in newspapers of general circulation in the county of the state where the crime was committed advising such victims that such escrow moneys are available to satisfy money judgments pursuant to this section.

(3) Upon disposition of charges favorable to any person accused of committing a crime, or upon a showing by such person that five (5) years have elapsed from the establishment of such escrow account and further that no actions are pending against such person, pursuant to this section the board shall immediately pay over any moneys in the escrow account to such person.

(4) Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this section the state treasurer shall make payments from an escrow account to any person accused of crime upon the order of a court of competent jurisdiction after a showing by such person that such moneys shall be used for the exclusive purpose of retaining legal representation at any stage of the proceedings against such person, including the appeals process.

(5) Any action taken by any person convicted of a crime, whether by way of execution of a power of attorney, creation of corporate entities or otherwise, to defeat the purpose of this section shall be null and void as against the public policy of this state.

(6) The state treasurer may invest the moneys in any escrow account hereunder in any United States government notes or securities.

(7) The attorney general or any other person may bring an action in a court of competent jurisdiction to require the deposit of moneys in an escrow account as provided in this section."

Some of these laws have been challenged on First Amendment grounds, but I don't think Idaho's is one of them. I think BTK and Professor Ramsland leveraged the First Amendment issue and worked out a deal directly with the victims' attorney to share revenue from Ramsland's book voluntarily and circumvent the Kansas Son of Sam statute. MOO.

Justice101
Was it disclosed in the PCA or thru other interviews (or just conjecture) that BK parked his car in the small lot at the back of the house?

Where was that disclosed? Must have missed that.
I didn't say anything about BK (or anyone) parking in that lot. I was talking about how vulnerable/attractive that house is to a predator.

The previous thread closed before I could reply.
I am not sure how to transfer a quote/comment from a closed thread, so I will copy and paste if that is OK.

I don't think it has bearing on the case either. I think some are wondering if the receptionist had the right to blab at all. I know personally it bothers me. Imo.
Maybe I missed it, did the receptionist give out his medical information/status or other personal information? All I remember reading about it was that she mentioned that BK seemed "nice and charming". I am not finding where she "blabbed"? Sorry, not arguing with you, I truly have no idea what it was she blabbed.

Moving on from BK's Tinder date and the receptionist at his doctor's office, we now have an interview with his 6th grade crush. Photo included! /s

FBI agents have interviewed Bryan Kohberger's middle school crush in hopes of piecing together the psyche of the man they believe is responsible for the gruesome murders of four Idaho college students.

Kim Kenely, 27, contacted the bureau shortly after learning her former classmate had been arrested for allegedly knifing four housemates to death at a university just 15 minutes from where he was studying in November.

The two were sixth-grade students at Pleasant Valley Intermediate School in Brodheadsville, Pennsylvania, when Kohberger, 28, developed a crush and began romantically pursuing the girl who would go on to be a high school cheerleader.

'She told the FBI whatever she could tell them,' Kenely's mother Sandra confirmed to DailyMail.com on Wednesday.

'It was so long ago. I couldn't imagine what she had to tell the FBI. I guess it was for the character purpose.'

1673552772531.png

@gremlin444 posted on the last thread:

and it gave me a smile to look through the catalog of possible razors that BK might be given to use. It is clear that getting a good razor in jail is something one has to get jail-brownie points for.

I am not working in jails any longer, but when I did, the prisoners I was allowed to talk to were the ones who were best behaved (wearing clothes they might have worn on the outside, for example; and given permission to be out of their cells but still in the jail in order to perform work for the jail). I never even thought to ask them about razor blade status. We did talk a lot about lack of privacy and how important it was for them to maintain their preferred status - as they did not like being low status in the jail.

• One said: 'The girls he's accused of killing were ... much like the ones that made fun of him throughout his childhood'

The previous thread closed before I could reply.
I am not sure how to transfer a quote/comment from a closed thread, so I will copy and paste if that is OK.

Maybe I missed it, did the receptionist give out his medical information/status or other personal information? All I remember reading about it was that she mentioned that BK seemed "nice and charming". I am not finding where she "blabbed"? Sorry, not arguing with you, I truly have no idea what it was she blabbed.

One can construe her statement that he was charming as a statement about his mental health. I sure do construe it as her saying, "He was in our office and he was mentally healthy and I thought he was just fine, even charming."

I would be very unhappy if the receptionist at my doctor did this under any circumstances, no matter how "charming" they might think me.

Quoting some of this article on MSM so it's viewable in posts:

Idaho Murder Suspect Bryan Kohberger Requests Info on Mystery 'Co-Defendant' as Next Hearing Is Set for June​

By CHRIS SPARGO
First Published: 8:58 AM PST, January 12, 2023

Bryan Kohberger briefly appeared in court on Thursday where he waived his right to a speedy preliminary hearing.​

"Bryan Kohberger briefly appeared in court on Thursday where he waived his right to a speedy preliminary hearing.
This means that the Washington State University PhD student, who is accused of murdering four University of Idaho students in the early morning hours of Nov. 13, will not appear in a courtroom again until June 26.

Kohberger and his defense team also filed a request for discovery this week, asking among other things for information about a "co-defendant" in the case.

The probable cause affidavit does not identify a co-defendant and authorities have not suggested that Kohberger may have had an accomplice when he allegedly murdered Madison Mogen, 21; Kaylee Goncalves, 21; Xana Kernodle, 20; and Ethan Chapin, 20.

Inside Edition Digital previously reported that Kohberger did ask members of law enforcement if they had arrested another individual in connection with these murders after he was taken into custody last month.

In the court filing submitted by his public defender Ann Taylor, Kohberger requested: "Any written or recorded statements by a co-defendant, and the substance of any relevant oral statement made by a co-defendant whether before or after arrest in response to interrogation by any person known by the co-defendant to be a peace officer or agent of the prosecuting attorney, or which are otherwise relevant to the offense charged.

That is just one of the 18 requests for discovery Kohberger submitted to the court."
"

Bryan Kohberger Requests Info on 'Co-Defendant' in Idaho Murder Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members