ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PCA just says a print was found, not ONLY one print.

I believe they just used that specfic print to corroborate DM's account, given location right outside her room, and there were potentially more found. I can't see the logistics of how he would leave only one single bloody footprint far from either crime scene bedroom - IMO there have to be more that are just not mentioned
I agree with that. You've got to parse that verbiage carefully in order to get a clear sense of what's meant. There were undoubtedly multiple prints, but only one was germane to the affidavit.

The PCA just says a print was found, not ONLY one print.

I believe they just used that specfic print to corroborate DM's account, given location right outside her room, and there were potentially more found. I can't see the logistics of how he would leave only one single bloody footprint far from either crime scene bedroom - IMO there have to be more that are just not mentioned
Also it might be that one clear print among many others that were smeared, blurry and barely visible.

I did not see this. Can you tell me where to look?
“He was narrating to himself everything that was happening,” the source said. “At one point, he was saying something to himself like, ‘I’m fine, this is okay.’ Like he was reassuring himself that this whole thing wasn’t awful.”

The link for those asking about BK talking to himself
Imo Someone that's stressed reassuring themselves is not strange.
At least I hope not. Because I do it.

I agree with that. You've got to parse that verbiage carefully in order to get a clear sense of what's meant. There were undoubtedly multiple prints, but only one was germane to the affidavit.
That actually raises a question for me. How, exactly, was the footprint germane to the PCA? It wasn't tied to BK anywhere in the text. As such, it wasn't needed, so I can't figure out why it was even there.

I am also curious why he chose WSU.

Temple University in nearby Philadelphia PA offers a well-rated PhD program in Criminal Justice, per this link. Best 15 Ph.D. In Criminal Justice Programs 2022 - Best Value Schools

Was he not accepted there? Cost-prohibitive?

For that matter, how was he paying for graduate studies? Loans?
Are student loans forgiven if someone is sent to prison? :rolleyes:
I wrote two posts addressing why he most likely ended up at WSU in the previous thread (number 63). Also, it seemed his PhD was funded through a studentship at WSU, so he would not be paying tuition and likely received a monthly stipend for living expenses.

Here are links to both of those posts/explanations:

1) ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

2) ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

I hope those are helpful.

There were at least two footprints.
I‘ve seen an image of LE taking a picture of a footprint outside the home.
The PCA describes a latent footprint inside the home on the floor outside DM’s room.

My question is, Why one latent footprint And not two?
Did that shoe hit the mud outside and track it into the house?
Did that shoe step in blood?

JMO
Thank you, I‘m catching up and reading the convo about the footprint.

I too remember either an image or video of LE outside with evidence markers around what was speculated to be a print. (Cannot find it atm so moo)

We’ve never heard anything about that print and that was not the print mentioned in the affidavit, so I suspect regardless of whether it turns out to be relevant or not, the reporting was just confused here and meant the only confirmed print ~ which was the one mentioned in the affidavit.

Correct, the defense can basically call whomever they want. The only person that cannot be called to testify is the defendant. Maybe a judge can stop something that is completely unwarranted from happening (like if the defense called a victim's family member to testify) but I can't imagine any judge blocking someone who provided LE with a statement directly related to the timeline of events.
Thankyou for the clarification.

Here's more nonsense from the DM:

She opened her bedroom door, then saw a man in a black ski mask that covered his nose and mouth, walking 'towards her'.

headbang.gif

Quite confusing that The DM is misquoting DM.

I wrote two posts addressing why he most likely ended up at WSU in the previous thread (number 63). Also, it seemed his PhD was funded through a studentship at WSU, so he would not be paying tuition and likely received a monthly stipend for living expenses.

Here are links to both of those posts/explanations:

1) ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

2) ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

I hope those are helpful.
Wow, I missed those posts earlier. They were detailed and very helpful. Thank you for providing!

From a 34 year veteran of LE, detective bureau:

"We don't put everything we have discovered in the PCA. If I have 10 PC facts, I use 3 to get the warrant. The defense will concentrate on the three I used while I hold the other 7 in my pocket."

Just quoting a friend of mine. No link.

Sure, but the defense files a Motion of Discovery shortly after the arrest (as Anne Taylor has in BK’s case on 1/10) and everything that isn’t included in the PCA is required by law to be handed over to the defense.

So if he took out student loans he would be in for $180K after six years.
What job has he been working that would off set his tuition? Or pay for these loans?
I imagine he was following line of millions of other students regarding student loans:

- "Punting" the debt waaay down field while hoping for loan forgiveness from Washington.

I dont believe any payments are due until the student graduates. As BK was enrolled in a doctorate program, he might not have "graduated" in the technical sense.

Correct, the defense can basically call whomever they want. The only person that cannot be called to testify is the defendant. Maybe a judge can stop something that is completely unwarranted from happening (like if the defense called a victim's family member to testify) but I can't imagine any judge blocking someone who provided LE with a statement directly related to the timeline of events.

Adding to this, if the defendant represents himself he can call DM as a witness and question her himself.
In Darrell Brooks style he could question his victims and their famileis. The man who ran over children questioned the parents of those children, the sons of women he slaughtered, and the husbands of women who bounced off of the hood of the red suv.

It was sick, but they nailed him. DM may be strong enough to put him away.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member