ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM for focus
Also respectfully: has there been information I've missed that leads you to suppose this very strongly? Or is it just a theory you're throwing out there?

I'm just asking because in at least one of the early interviews with X's dad, he mentions she'd never had a boyfriend till E. She'd been so studious till then, didn't have time for a bf and then suddenly she had E and how that all changed her etc. Of course parents don't know everything about even their teens never mind their young adult kids who are living at college, so there could have been little things going on - flings and non-serious relationships her family never heard of.

I can't find the interview so far today so I'll just write MOO JMO.

Edited for typo.
I can't edit the above any more, so adding a link here, kindly found by another poster: University of Idaho victim's father says Xana Kernodle had 'bruises,' put up a fight against killer although it's not quite the quotation I'm thinking of, doesn't quite cover everything I wrote. So keeping my MOO

I definitely have to fight my own impulse to regard all humans as capable of goodness and kindness
There is a related impulse for people to explain aberrant behavior by projecting their own values on people who do not share those values. One way I see that in this case is how stuck people are on ordinary motives like jealousy and revenge when what kind of jealousy would fuel the murder of 4 people you don't really know? We watch a lot of TV shows that say the classic murder motives are love, money and revenge (with an added nod to rage) and that might be true when people murder their family members, neighbors, and friends. But those motives don't explain stranger murders, mass murder, or serial murder.

I can't imagine a scenario where someone not intending to murder anyone takes a knife with a 7-inch blade into a house while everyone is sleeping. IMO, once he crossed the threshold of that house, he exited planning territory entirely and entered the committing a felony territory. JMOO
What I was trying to say, was that he wasn't intending on murder until he lost control and went armed and ready to that house throwing caution into the wind.

View attachment 395730

What was BK doing over on the 700 block of Indian Hills Drive at 3:26 a.m? It looks like a residential neighborhood.

Exactly!!!

He leaves his house at 2:44 then ends up somewhere over by indian hills drive until 3:26 when he starts driving over. What is over by Indian Hills Drive?

edit: typo

Snipped for focus

This is what is bothering me about the alleged Tapatalk forum writings. It's not certain that BK wrote them, and even if he did who knows if he was being truthful. Yet it seems to be taken as fact that he has visual snow syndrome or whatever, and then all kinds of speculation goes off of that. MOO

The New York Times reporters who investigated this wrote in their article: " the posts included a reference to his birthday. In addition, the username on the account, “Exarr,” matches an email address for Bryan Kohberger that appeared in a 2009 leak of accounts from an online payment company; that account listed his location as Effort, Pa., the place where Mr. Kohberger grew up. Some of the posts also contained details that friends said matched their recollections of his behavior and struggles at the time."

unlocked version of article posted by one of the reporters:

I think it's because when he was first arrested there was so much talk <modsnip> casting him as "brilliant," and generally that he was in a doctoral program (in criminal justice, no less). Those things got people calling him a criminal genius of the highest sort, and lots of speculation about his being super-smart, etc., when the reality is that he might be, or he might think he is, but his academic track record was not exactly exceptional.....
Good points and delivered "to the point".

I think the fictional Dr. Lector of Silence of the Lambs fame is burned into our culture to the degree that there is the automatic expectation that perpetrators of certain crimes must be some kind of quasi alluring twisted genius.
As you indicated, BK being a doctoral student only fed that expectation to the point where it became "fact".

Intelligence can be pretty nebulous and BK's or anybody else's intelligence can be hard to measure occasions. I agree, however, there is nothing in BK's academic achievements, work history, or in the accounts of people who know him that would support that he is "brilliant" by any common definition.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 395730

What was BK doing over on the 700 block of Indian Hills Drive at 3:26 a.m? It looks like a residential neighborhood.

Exactly!!!

He leaves his house at 2:44 then ends up somewhere over by indian hills drive until 3:26 when he starts driving over. What is over by Indian Hills Drive?

edit: typo

The stuff that keeps me up at night.

Picking up an accomplice?

There was a WS member in the Delphi threads, I believe, that has extensive knowledge of cell towers and just how accurate location data from pings can be, even with two towers. I believe he said he worked for Lucent? Maybe? But he would be invaluable to this thread.

I believe that member may be inactive at present. I had some conversations going with that person and they stopped replying. We really do need someone with expertise in that area.

The New York Times reporters who investigated this wrote in their article: " the posts included a reference to his birthday. In addition, the username on the account, “Exarr,” matches an email address for Bryan Kohberger that appeared in a 2009 leak of accounts from an online payment company; that account listed his location as Effort, Pa., the place where Mr. Kohberger grew up. Some of the posts also contained details that friends said matched their recollections of his behavior and struggles at the time."

unlocked version of article posted by one of the reporters:

Yeah, not sure what people think they need in order to review the TapATalk materials (and possibly be convinced by content). NYT did its due diligence. It's obviously him, IMO.

There are tons of details that match what his friends will go on to say about him. Watching the videos of that one friend (the one who did heroin with him) and thinking about how much these 10 year old posts say the same thing is very convincing. But of course, so is having the actual name and address of that email account holder. Ahem.

Throwing away evidence ?
What evidence did he have to throw away prior to the murders, though? Would definitely be of interest if after the murders.

IMO he was either just cruising around / killing time (looks like this guy likes to drive based on how far he was going that night and the next morning for seemingly no reason) or he had another house he liked to watch in that other residential area.

Good points and delivered "to the point".

I think the fictional Dr. Lector of Silence of the Lambs fame is burned into our culture to the degree that there is the automatic expectation that perpetrators of certain crimes must be some kind of quasi alluring twisted genius.
As you indicated, BK being a doctoral student only fed that expectation to the point where it became "fact".

Intelligence can be pretty nebulous and BK's or anybody else's intelligence can be hard to measure occasions. I agree, however, there is nothing in BK's academic achievements, work history, or in the accounts of people who know him that would support that he is "brilliant" by any definition.

That's indeed a very important analysis. We've created a picture of a SK in our minds - someone attractive and intelligent who is also very charming - and for many reasons we took it as a reality for every single SK or murderer we come across.

I follow a very well known Forensic Physchiatrist here in Brazil and he always states that SK have "levels"of intelligence just like anybody else. Of course we have to consider he's a PhD student but let's be real we see people getting into programs but struggling to get out. Also knowing about a subject will not exclude errors - if you think about that moment he's living with all the adrenaline flushing through him sometimes we can't think we just act its not even an emotional thing it's simply fight or flight.

I think we still know so little about BK. How was he like back in school? How was he like when he got frustrated? Was he ever mean or abusive towards someone? Did he had any fetishes that he searched online? What made him follow the path of Criminology?

Yes, he was in the commencement ceremony recieving his Masters in May 2022. It's a long video. This link is starts at the point where they called his name:

According to that ceremony, he was awarded the vanilla MA in Criminal Justice (not the special Master's in Cloud Forensics, which he may have tried to claim on his application for the internship at Pullman PD).

It's possible he used one of his 2 electives (I think it was 2) to take a basic course in cloud forensics, but even if he had taken all of his electives in that topic, he still would not have qualified to received the enhancement on his diploma.

I think there's a pattern here.

I can't imagine a scenario where someone not intending to murder anyone takes a knife with a 7-inch blade into a house while everyone is sleeping. IMO, once he crossed the threshold of that house, he exited planning territory entirely and entered the committing a felony territory. JMOO
Agreed. Turning his phone off on the way to Moscow also shows he had ill intentions that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288