ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of the roommates was living at the house back in August?

Was BK really sitting outside the house back in August, using the wifi at 1122? Did he hack into their wifi? What else?! It wouldn't surprise me to learn that BK had entered the home before and snuck around. Wonder if LE have gone through BKs devices.

Something else I've been wondering, BK was inside the house for less than 30 minutes the night of the murders. Would the 4 roommates have been deceased by the time he left? It might have only taken him 20 minutes to stab 4 people but that doesn't mean he killed 4 people in 20 minutes. IMO.
20 minutes?

Rather less than 12.

Still in a car at 4.04
Seen leaving at 4.17

(Or was it 4.23?)

Last edited:
According to the PCA, his phone number was opened on June 23, 2022 in PA, so I guess we can narrow his arrival in WA to the two weeks between 6/23 and 7/8. JMO.
Do we know for sure that he was in PA when he got a new phone plan on June 23? Because he could have done that from anywhere in the U.S., using his PA address when he subscribed to his new phone provider.

AFAIK July 8 was the date of the first hair appointment from what I've seen
I didn't know this -- thanks for sharing. If this is indeed true, he probably cast a wide net stalking / planning / looking for targets. Obviously the PCA focused on his repeated visits to the area of King road, but I'll certainly be looking forward to learning more about his movements before the end of August.

Topics I'll be thinking about until we hear more:

1. THE CARS
1.1 He had to know Ethan was over - his very distinctive red jeep was parked up front and he had been watching the house. Why did this not stop him?
SBMFF

1.1 - Perhaps he didn't know the red jeep was Xana's BFs. This was a party house where a lot of drinking occurs. Just a guess on my part but I can imagine there'd be a fair amount of times when someone drank too much and got a ride home from someone at the party who was less drunk. Or at least I'd like to think they'd be thoughtful enough to do that. They'd then come back to pick their car up the next day. JMO.

Excellent and very thoughtful post, by the way. :)

Do we know for sure that he was in PA when he got a new phone plan on June 23? Because he could have done that from anywhere in the U.S., using his PA address when he subscribed to his new phone provider.
The PCA mentions that his cell phone account was linked to his PA address, so my assumption is that he started the plan in PA / prior to solidifying his living situation (new address) in Pullman.

However, It's also common to use a "permanent address" for things like cell phone registration, though, and he might have used his parent's address even if he had already moved to Pullman (as it would be more likely to be linked to him longterm). All IMO.

It just occurred to me that he had absolutely no reason to be in Moscow or near the University of Idaho. He moved across the country to go to the University of Washington. A new PhD student would typically spend time exploring their new campus, their new town. (Spouse was a PhD student, then post doc, then faculty, all in different states/regions, so we’ve done this several times. And we still both work in academia.) You wouldn’t think about checking out a neighboring large university campus or even town. It wouldn’t really be on your radar screen in the first few months after moving (unless you have kids and are buying a house and trying to find the right neighborhood, etc.)

It would be interesting to know more about the culture of the graduate student community at Washington State. Maybe there isn’t anything fun to do or cool places to go in Pullman so Moscow is the place people tend to go. It would still be another leap to think they would go to Moscow to mix with UI students though.

All MOO.

I think BK knew there would be multiple people in the house, even Ethan, but he wasn’t threatened by any of them. After all, they would all be vulnerable, possibly being asleep or possibly having had some drinks Saturday night.

Which of the roommates was living at the house back in August?

Was BK really sitting outside the house back in August, using the wifi at 1122? Did he hack into their wifi? What else?! It wouldn't surprise me to learn that BK had entered the home before and snuck around. Wonder if LE have gone through BKs devices.

Something else I've been wondering, BK was inside the house for less than 30 minutes the night of the murders. Would the 4 roommates have been deceased by the time he left? It might have only taken him 20 minutes to stab 4 people but that doesn't mean he killed 4 people in 20 minutes. IMO.

At Party Houses, it's typical for everyone to know the router password. That's because most of the partiers need to be on their phones and want to upload things to TikTok and Instagram. As students do.

Some students have the passwords from so many routers (from houses they've visited for a party) that they can get wifi seamlessly within the campus residential areas. I realize it's possible for the residents of 1122 to change their password often, but I bet they didn't.

I do wonder if the actual Greek houses had a more secure system (frequent password changes or passwords being encouraged to be kept to actual members).

I agree that there's no evidence that the four had passed away before he left.

<snipped>

Idaho is one of only four states without a criminal insanity defense.

Although the insanity defense is used in less than 1 percent of all criminal cases in the country, it’s still available in every state except Idaho, Kansas, Montana and Utah.

Idaho also does not exempt people with a “serious mental illness” from punishment by death.

Idaho is one of only 4 states without a criminal insanity defense

Does anyone remember when BK got his new phone? Which month?
On December 23, 2022, pursuant to that search warrant, I received records for the 8458 Phone from AT&T. These records indicated that the 8458 Phone is subscribed to Bryan Kohberger at an address in Albrightsville, Pennsylvania and the account has been open since June 23, 2022.

The bodies were taken to Spokane for autopsy. It's in all the early MSM reports. Not to Pullman....

Got it, thanks. I don't know what part of the country you live in and thought perhaps reports were mixing up two different schools in the State of Washington. I only mentioned Pullman to clarify that I was talking about WSU.

The link only mentions that the report comes from the Spokane Medical Examiner. It does not surprise me that UW has an excellent medical school, with a facility in Spokane that may have assisted with the investigation.

Not that this is such a big deal, but I assume we "autocorrect" one another here as part of the function of this forum. In this case, I was probably wrong and I appreciate your correcting me.

As it appears BK was watching the house and perhaps one or more of the residents, I’d be interested in knowing whether he was watching the Food Truck Twitch feed on the Saturday night.

Is there any evidence that someone bought food for the girls that night?

I got the impression the location that subscribed the phone number to him was from an Albrightsville, PA address...meaning the location (store) where he got the phone. I might be reading that incorrectly?

ETA: I just looked up to see if there was an AT&T store in Albrightsville, PA, and it does not appear there is. There is, however, one in Pullman, WA. So, @Sundog, I think you are right. He could have gotten the phone anywhere, including Pullman, and likely not Albrightsville, PA. I guess we don't know when he got to WA after all!

It just occurred to me that he had absolutely no reason to be in Moscow or near the University of Idaho. He moved across the country to go to the University of Washington. A new PhD student would typically spend time exploring their new campus, their new town. (Spouse was a PhD student, then post doc, then faculty, all in different states/regions, so we’ve done this several times. And we still both work in academia.) You wouldn’t think about checking out a neighboring large university campus or even town. It wouldn’t really be on your radar screen in the first few months after moving (unless you have kids and are buying a house and trying to find the right neighborhood, etc.)

It would be interesting to know more about the culture of the graduate student community at Washington State. Maybe there isn’t anything fun to do or cool places to go in Pullman so Moscow is the place people tend to go. It would still be another leap to think they would go to Moscow to mix with UI students though.

All MOO.
I agree and what you say is also true of my experience as a PhD student.

It's been mentioned before, by a few different sources, that Moscow / Pullman were in such close proximity that it was common for WSU students to shop and go out to eat / drink in Moscow. BK himself said "the shopping is better" in Moscow. I'm not local to the area so I can't say for sure, but it's something that's been circulating and the community seems pretty unique. Maybe at BK's PhD orientation, Moscow came up repeatedly and piqued his interest.

The PCA says June 23rd.

Thank you. I'm going to go with "this is his main phone" and so far don't see any evidence of a burner phone. I can't remember how far back the phone data warrant gave LE, but I assume they have widened the search since the PCA.

I sure hope there are no more victims, of any kind. I also wonder if this was BK's first phone on a separate account from his parents, another sign of his newfound freedom (moving away from PA, new phone, etc).

So new phone in late June; hair stylist appt in Pullman in July. Evidence of presence near 1122 in August. Noise complaints and parties at house begin in August, continue into September (and perhaps beyond, we don't know). BK begins to TA in late August. Is complained about by students sometime between then and mid-November (probably a series of complaints). Is in the close vicinity of 1122 twelve different times between August and November. He could have been there more times, with phone turned off. The fact that he has his phone turned on (and probably using Google maps - which also tracks personal data) puzzles me. It's as if he couldn't do without it. It's possible he didn't yet realize he was planning a real crime (up until Nov 12, when IMO he clearly knew he was equipping himself for a crime and he got out of his car and went inside 1122 with a knife).

I got the impression the location that subscribed the phone number to him was from an Albrightsville, PA address...meaning the location (store) where he got the phone. I might be reading that incorrectly?

View attachment 395534
Personally I had the same impression and I agree.

It just occurred to me, though, that he might have used his parent's address in PA because he considered it his "permanent address." Just another possibility, IMO, but it does sound like he arrived in Pullman at least by July 8th 2022 (someone said this was the date of his first hair appointment in the area).

As it appears BK was watching the house and perhaps one or more of the residents, I’d be interested in knowing whether he was watching the Food Truck Twitch feed on the Saturday night.

Is there any evidence that someone bought food for the girls that night?
I believe she tapped n paid after realising she didn't have enough credits. Also there were around 150 to 170 ppl watching that stream live so it could be useful information if he was - twitch collects that data. Edited to add Twitch Statistics & Charts you can check data on twitch streams here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305