ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just the most boneheaded move of all - bringing the phone then turning it off and on! It's almost more suspicious than bringing it and leaving it on - it shows consciousness that what he was about to do was wrong and helps establish premeditation. IMO
Yes, It's so damn siiiillly. What a bonehead MOO

IMO, there’s more to the story. Think of personal reasons: money, love, greed, sex, jealousy, broken heart etc. It’s been said all along that the killing was personal and that the killer was someone who was really angry. I’m guessing that the killer was pissed at X, killed E, K and M out of spite. I also think that BK knew X and possibly her sis. It was no coincidence that he ended up at WSU where Xs sis just happens to attend? I think BK may have had a previous online “ relationship”, “infatuation” with X - and she broke it off having been influenced and motivated by M and K because it was likely an unhealthy relationship. X found E and was happy with him and BK held a grudge. I get the impression that BK might be an uptight, controlling guy. He moved to Pullman and started keeping tabs on X. That’s the only thing that I can think of. I also think that X may have known BK for a long time before the killings. Just JMO. I don’t see any other connection. The medias obsession with K and M was stoked to direct the onus of the investigation away from the true targets X and E, while LE diligently tried to figure out their somewhat unknown timeline of Nov 12th. From BKs perspective, he probably felt like he was “ ganged up on” and given no choice about the break up. This had to sting especially if this was the only and/or first time that BK fell anything like love.
Why travel to third floor to kill two additional (likely sleeping) victims? IMO it’s the opposite. That the upstairs residents were the target. Or all 4 were. Moo

Just curious what makes you think that? Is your theory that BK liked Xana?
IMO IDK, it’s no coincidence that he teaches at Xs sis school. Also, early in the investigation, it was mentioned that Ethan had ‘words” with someone at the frat party and that E and X left the party early and to a bar or went home. BK would be the perfect person to say the wrong thing to X and E would be ever the protector. Maybe BK is an ex and X left him for E. JMO

It's just the most boneheaded move of all - bringing the phone then turning it off and on! It's almost more suspicious than bringing it and leaving it on - it shows consciousness that what he was about to do was wrong and helps establish premeditation. IMO
Reminds me of British comedy the IT crowd "have you tried turning it off and on again?"

But a router is not a computer. My 4 year old computer has a 2TB hard drive. That's 2 million MB of storage. An old DVD can store 4,700 MB of data.

The average router has just 16 MB of storage, and much of that is already tied up. There just is no place to store all this theoretical data for the FBI to theoretically retrieve.
Mine stores about 3 months of log data, sometimes 4.

That's enough. Plus some can be recovered, as it's a physical drive that has...layers.

The log is written in tiny amounts of Kb. Of course, I don't run a party house, but still. We're talking August-mid November. A lot could be recovered by the right techniques.

Why travel to third floor to kill two additional (likely sleeping) victims? IMO it’s the opposite. That the upstairs residents were the target. Or all 4 were. Moo
Ok, but I disagree. I think the killer started on the third floor first, made his way to the second floor. Killed who he wanted to kill and exited via the slider. Very quickly. DM and BF were spared because of logistics and because they weren’t involved in the original power struggle.

Agreed. So far as we know, no evidence of any prior relationships. The probable cause affidavit states the existing evidence, at least that they have told us—the listing of the order of the murder victims points to MM as the first, as does DM’s statement as recounted in the affidavit that first she heard what she thought was upstairs victims playing with the dog. What she heard were the murders. They or one of them were the targets, at the very least, and maybe all four, though unlikely. MOO.

IMO, there’s more to the story. Think of personal reasons: money, love, greed, sex, jealousy, broken heart etc. It’s been said all along that the killing was personal and that the killer was someone who was really angry. I’m guessing that the killer was pissed at X, killed E, K and M out of spite. I also think that BK knew X and possibly her sis. It was no coincidence that he ended up at WSU where Xs sis just happens to attend? I think BK may have had a previous online “ relationship”, “infatuation” with X - and she broke it off having been influenced and motivated by M and K because it was likely an unhealthy relationship. X found E and was happy with him and BK held a grudge. I get the impression that BK might be an uptight, controlling guy. He moved to Pullman and started keeping tabs on X. That’s the only thing that I can think of. I also think that X may have known BK for a long time before the killings. Just JMO. I don’t see any other connection. The medias obsession with K and M was stoked to direct the onus of the investigation away from the true targets X and E, while LE diligently tried to figure out their somewhat unknown timeline of Nov 12th. From BKs perspective, he probably felt like he was “ ganged up on” and given no choice about the break up. This had to sting especially if this was the only and/or first time that BK fell anything like love.

I am not sure the killer was "really angry." Everything I know about him points in a different direction.

The personal reasons are interesting, though. Jealousy would be my top pick. But where's the category for "loner who doesn't fit in and has no ability to take in external criticism"?

I'm guessing he was pissed at no one in the house, but acting out of (increasingly) bizarre internal motivations that most of us cannot fathom.

Victimology is an interesting separate topic. I also think it's not at all strange that siblings would go to Pullman and Moscow, but I find it highly improbable that both knew BK. No evidence of that whatsoever. WSU is a very large school.

Is there a reason your mind goes to a scenario that has no evidence?

LE hints that there was no specific individual target. WHat's your evidence that BK ever felt love?

I am not sure the killer was "really angry." Everything I know about him points in a different direction.

The personal reasons are interesting, though. Jealousy would be my top pick. But where's the category for "loner who doesn't fit in and has no ability to take in external criticism"?

I'm guessing he was pissed at no one in the house, but acting out of (increasingly) bizarre internal motivations that most of us cannot fathom.

Victimology is an interesting separate topic. I also think it's not at all strange that siblings would go to Pullman and Moscow, but I find it highly improbable that both knew BK. No evidence of that whatsoever. WSU is a very large school.

LE hints that there was no specific individual target. WHat's your evidence that BK ever felt love?
IMO, all the evidence hasn’t been presented yet-just enough evidence to get PCA. I am trying to keep an open mind and think of many different possibilities. That’s all.

IMO IDK, it’s no coincidence that he teaches at Xs sis school. Also, early in the investigation, it was mentioned that Ethan had ‘words” with someone at the frat party and that E and X left the party early and to a bar or went home. BK would be the perfect person to say the wrong thing to X and E would be ever the protector. Maybe BK is an ex and X left him for E. JMO
JMO, but I highly doubt X ever had a relationship with BK. Not to mention if any of the girls had a previous relationship with him of any kind, we would definitely know this by now. I also would think if BK was at the frat party, someone would have identified him being there by this point.

Whether or not he recognized the Jeep as Ethan's, he had to have expected at least 4-5 people in the house just based on the number of cars parked there.

Even knowing that a car on site doesn't necessarily mean the driver is on site, he certainly couldn't assume only 1-2 people in the house.

Which is why him entering the house with the intent to rape only, doesn't make sense to me -- the chances of the victim calling for help would be too high IMO.

I think he expected at least a few people and was planning to kill. Maybe he thought he could be quiet enough to not encounter others, but I think he was prepared to do just what he did, kill multiple people.

Also, re the Pi Phi party KG was returning for -- wouldn't we expect that party to be held at the Pi Phi sorority house? Not at King Rd. as it seems some folks are speculating.

I know at least two housemates were Pi Phi members, but I think a party at the house would have been thought of by KG as "a party at the house" and not "a Pi Phi party."

All MOO
Catching up...sorry if someone already answered this. If Pi Phi was like the sororities at my university, the sorority probably frowned upon parties at the house involving alcohol. If sorority members wanted to have parties with alcohol, they frequently needed to be held at a house where some of the members were living together, not the official house.

JMO, but I highly doubt X ever had a relationship with BK. Not to mention if any of the girls had a previous relationship with him of any kind, we would definitely know this by now. I also would think if BK was at the frat party, someone would have identified him being there by this point.
Ok. IMO. Have a great night.I have been thinking of many different scenarios to figure out WHY the crime occurred and WHO was/were the targets. I know the prosecution does not have to prove motive, but sometimes finding the motive fills in a big gap of the puzzle. At first I thought about K and M being targets, than X and M being targets because they both worked at the Mad Greek restaurant and belonged to the same sorority and than came to X and E as possible targets. I guess if I was a detective, I would try to think systematically.

Last edited:
two reasons why I respectfully disagree imo:

there is almost no chance BK was at that fraternity party. Fraternities do not let random men into their parties.

and X and E had been dating for far longer than BK had lived in Washington. So him being an ex is extraordinarily unlikely as well.

You'll have to explain what you mean. I'm referring to people discussing bodies of research. I know exactly what the DSM was designed for. That was the least I could take away from that pricey degree, lol! I hope a little bit more, even ;)

You said "For example, on impulsiveness or compulsions, etc. I'm just trying to show how that can be helpful in understanding a killer's behavior."

If I misunderstand you, I apologize and please let me know. But what I take from this is that you're using the DSM to try to understand the killer's behavior. This is misuse of the DSM. It even says it in the book. The book was designed for clinicians and using it to understand the pathology of criminals is not its purpose.

"Is there a reason your mind goes to a scenario that has no evidence?"

Had to laugh at that because my mind is loaded with scenarios with no evidence.

IMO, all the evidence hasn’t been presented yet-just enough evidence to get PCA. I am trying to keep an open mind and think of many different possibilities. That’s all.
I do agree that there is a lot more evidence to come. And,we don't know what it will be... but we can make some educated guesses I guess IMO, about some of it - for eg. more details on scene, order of deaths, perhaps BK's movements. And if relevant, BK's past relationships. IMO in re past relationships the operative words here are If relevant. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1