ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
It always concerns me when we take something mentioned in passing as fact and it evolves to become a given fact. I realize that a distant family member claimed that BK was a vegan a number of years ago but I don't believe that there has been any documented verification that he is still vegan or that it was anything more than a passing phase.

We were told that the jail—I think it was the jail in PA—was serving him a vegan diet.

Scroll down, and you’ll see exactly what they fed him.

A Google search also shows numerous references to the Idaho jail’s plans to serve him a vegan diet.

Last edited:
It always concerns me when we take something mentioned in passing as fact and it evolves to become a given fact. I realize that a distant family member claimed that BK was a vegan a number of years ago but I don't believe that there has been any documented verification that he is still vegan or that it was anything more than a passing phase.
For sure, I thought it was something verified through MSM. I wouldn't have made that joke otherwise.

Edited: BK is Vegan according to MSM articles posted by a few others in response this.

Last edited:
IMO - as you mentioned above, I believe BK initially met M and X at the Mad Greek in June or July of 2022 after he moved to attend WSU. He more than likely Googled “Vegan Restaurants in Moscow, ID“ and the Mad Greek popped right up with good ratings. He probably ate there a few times and took a liking to M or X or both. BK then started doing some “social media research“ on them and quickly found out where they lived and also learned of their other roommates in the process.

He may have been “rejected” by one or both of the girls (as you also mentioned above) and started stalking them. He became obsessed and would drive by the house to try to see when they were home and get a feel for their “comings and goings“. This lead to him finally deciding to “experience“ what he had been studying and researching for all those months prior. BK left his apartment in Pullman, turned off his phone and was “committed“ to doing the crime in those early morning hours of 11/13. JMO.

What if he is no longer a vegan and if he is, how does that align with his family member's statement that he required specific cookware to accomodate his dietary choices? It's my understanding that the Mad Greek is a typical Greek style diner that can make vegan/vegetarian accomodations, which may result in that cross contamination he apparently wouldn't risk.

If I remember rightly, we were told that the jail—I think it was the jail in PA—was serving him a vegan diet.

That's possible because I haven't read every article and have only heard online speculation, mixed with comments that his current vegan diet may not be what he expected.

Simple question, and sorry if it's already been discussed, but since we've been discussing BK's cellphone tracking:

WHY, if he allegedly went to the trouble to turn it off during the time the crime was committed, did he leave it on so he could be tracked going right back to the area at 9am the next morning? I mean maybe he was looking or listening for police activity on his phone, but it seemed like the whole theorized purpose of such a trip would be to see said activity in person????

Didn't they say he's getting vegan meals in jail? JMHO

ETA link

It always concerns me when we take something mentioned in passing as fact and it evolves to become a given fact.
Snipped for focus

This is what is bothering me about the alleged Tapatalk forum writings. It's not certain that BK wrote them, and even if he did who knows if he was being truthful. Yet it seems to be taken as fact that he has visual snow syndrome or whatever, and then all kinds of speculation goes off of that. MOO

The has been a lot of speculation as to a possible abnormal psychology profile, which the investigators will likely not be able to show unless BK cooperates, or offers a diminished capacity defense.

I believe KG was BK's target, that he was the stalker she told people about, and that one of the means he used to keep track of her was Air Tags or similar technology that are commonly used for this purpose. These (IMO) are accurate enough that he would be able to know the location of her room, and also know when she went to bed after her night out.

If I'm right, investigators who have access to BK's technology since his arrest will be able to suss this out and provide a richer picture of his means and motive. If he participated in something like incel chat rooms they will find that, too, and then we'll have his own words for it.

But until then, it's all speculation.
You are soo right. I forgot about those tiny trackers. My son had one of those on his lanyard with keys that went to his boarding school dorm. We were at one of his out of town wrestling tournaments and when we were ready to checkout of the hotel we were staying at he realized they were missing. When he went online to locate them it literally showed the wall in the room where they were located. When we went to get them they were between the head of the bed against the wall!

Those devices can also be somewhat disguised so that they blend in with regular items such as sewn into a wallet etc.

If I remember rightly, we were told that the jail—I think it was the jail in PA—was serving him a vegan diet.
Ho ok, perhaps that is where I got the idea that he was vegan. I never followed up with the MSM sources myself as it wasn't a topic of massive interest to me but perhaps it would be worth checking just for the sake of clarity. I think I probably just assumed BK was presently vegan because a thread was full with people discussing what diet he should have in jail at the time of extradition IIRC.MOO

Oh ok, my apologies. For sure, I thought it was something verified through MSM. My mistake and I wouldn't have made that joke otherwise. Thanks for informing and the correction.

No, you were right! A search for: Bryan Kohberger vegan jail turns up numerous msm articles mentioning that the jails, Pennsylvania and Idaho are going to give him a vegan diet. I seriously do not believe they’d go out of their way to do that unless it was his request.

One of many articles—you have to scroll down quite a distance—

yeah hard to tell and I agree, however here’s some potential verification of him continuing to be a vegan, which I’m sorta surprised about. I thought we’d find out it was a phase and not a current dietary restriction.

<snip>
The source added that Kohberger's request for vegan meals at the facility was granted. He dined on peanut butter and jelly, apple sauce, vegetables, beans, rice, cereal and maybe some potatoes, according to the news site.

Snipped for focus

This is what is bothering me about the alleged Tapatalk forum writings. It's not certain that BK wrote them, and even if he did who knows if he was being truthful. Yet it seems to be taken as fact that he has visual snow syndrome or whatever, and then all kinds of speculation goes off of that. MOO
Agree re Taptalk.

Didn't they say he's getting vegan meals in jail? JMHO

The Idaho jail holding accused college student killer Bryan Kohberger will attempt to accommodate his vegan diet, but won’t buy any new kitchen equipment to cook his prison meals, according to a report.

Latah County Sheriff Richard Skiles told NewsNation Latah County Jail staff is trying to satisfy the quadruple homicide suspect’s dietary needs, “but we are not going to buy new pots and pans or anything like that.”

That's possible because I haven't read every article and have only heard online speculation, mixed with comments that his current vegan diet may not be what he expected.
I don't love the DM so apologies for the quote from there, but this is reported in several MSM. Appears they are accommodating to the best of their abilities but it's likely not going to be gourmet.

"Officials at the Idaho jail housing Bryan Kohberger, the man accused of killing four college students, said they will try to accommodate the suspect's vegan diet.

Latah County Sheriff Richard Skiles told NewsNation that the county jailhouse is willing to comply with Kohberger's dietary needs.

The sheriff, however, said: 'But we are not going to buy new pots and pans or anything like that,' appearing to reference reports of the suspect's ex-aunt saying she needed to buy new pans to feed Kohberger when she was cooking for him."

Source: Idaho jail says it will try to accomodate Bryan Kohberger's vegan diet

Simple question, and sorry if it's already been discussed, but since we've been discussing BK's cellphone tracking:

WHY, if he allegedly went to the trouble to turn it off during the time the crime was committed, did he leave it on so he could be tracked going right back to the area at 9am the next morning? I mean maybe he was looking or listening for police activity on his phone, but it seemed like the whole theorized purpose of such a trip would be to see said activity in person????
No kidding! I really can't believe how dumb he apparently was with the phone.

Every criminal has his/her own twisted motive justifying the crime in their warped minds.

Motives usually incomprehensible for good folks.

I do not think most of us can really understand evil minds.
I don't even try.

JMO

I'm much the same. I also have no background in psychology nor have we been fed sufficient information to draw any conclusions.

I do understand why people what to know what caused him to follow this path and rationalize how we can prevent these things but I'm not sure we can.

No, you were right! A search for: Bryan Kohberger vegan jail turns up numerous msm articles mentioning that the jails, Pennsylvania and Idaho are going to give him a vegan diet. I seriously do not believe they’d go out of their way to do that unless it was his request.

One of many articles—you have to scroll down quite a distance—

Oh ok, rollercoaster over. Thanks for the clarification.

I don't love the DM so apologies for the quote from there, but this is reported in several MSM. Appears they are accommodating to the best of their abilities but it's likely not going to be gourmet.

"Officials at the Idaho jail housing Bryan Kohberger, the man accused of killing four college students, said they will try to accommodate the suspect's vegan diet.

Latah County Sheriff Richard Skiles told NewsNation that the county jailhouse is willing to comply with Kohberger's dietary needs.

The sheriff, however, said: 'But we are not going to buy new pots and pans or anything like that,' appearing to reference reports of the suspect's ex-aunt saying she needed to buy new pans to feed Kohberger when she was cooking for him."

Source: Idaho jail says it will try to accomodate Bryan Kohberger's vegan diet

Thanks. I just have missed that.

Personally, I’d be extremely surprised if the killer used any sort of drugs to knock out his victims. However, “never been clinically used” needs to be modified to: “not in the 21st century, or the last half of the 20th century, anyway.”
True. Serial killer H.H Holmes I believe used chloroform
Save the frogs!!!
Lol. I think schools use Virtual Frogs now on their iPads! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads