ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
On December 23, 2022, pursuant to that search warrant, I received records for the 8458 Phone from AT&T. These records indicated that the 8458 Phone is subscribed to Bryan Kohberger at an address in Albrightsville, Pennsylvania and the account has been open since June 23, 2022.

I've been thinking about this new phone, and new number registered in PA. What would be the reason to get a new phone with a new number registered at his parents home. This might seem strange, but consider this: what if one or both his parents were strict or controlling? I've applied this thought to the drive back to PA. Maybe dad was in control of that as well. I realize these are strange thoughts. But, sometimes the craziest things bring new insight. I do apologize upfront if I've crossed a line. Please feel free to remove my post.

On the Doordash topic.....

Was it ever released which door the delivery guy came to? Just my speculation, any deliveries would have come to the 1st floor, where the parking for the house is. MOO

To the best of my knowledge, the answer is no. What I can tell you is that the DD driver did not park in their driveway. DD drivers park on the street in order to prevent robberies. S/he could have been trapped in that driveway if someone came out with a gun or a knife in hopes of robbing/harming them.

If BK saw a vehicle parked on the street in front of their house at 4am, it could have forced BK to circle back until the DD driver was gone. The timing is coincidental. Sometimes it is difficult to ignore coincidences in murder investigations.

moo

Last edited:
"Boilerplate." ???
....Is BOILERPLATE a made-up word used to ‘fluff’ legal documents? ...
snipped for focus @Palinsmom
Not ‘fluff,’ not exaggerating, not adding filler.

Briefly, in a legal document, it’s stock language, i.e., standardized clauses & paragraphs, that may be used over again without making (significant) changes. Term is also used in business contexts, in computer programming, etc.

In this case, prosecution says ~ DNA on knife sheath matches BCK’s DNA, so is evidence of his guilt in this quadruple homicide.
In my earlier post re defense's Discovery requests about DNA tests & protocols, I described them as "boilerplate."

In pre-trial Discovery, def. asked prosecution to provide documentation w. extensive info about DNA tests & protocols in establishing the match.
When Anne Taylor, ID. Public Defenders, and/or private practice attys rep’ing a crim defendant in a future case which DNA is an issue could use those SAME PARAGRAPHS (or virtually same) to request prosecution to provide that documentation.
Would not matter who the defendant is, which criminal offense (murder, burglary,conceivably drug dealing) in the criminal code is charged, etc. Defense could use same paragraphs. Imo jmo moo.
Welcoming clarification or correction, esp’ly from our legal professionals.
The term boilerplate language dates back to the 19th century, when steel plates were used as templates to create steam boilers. This application of the term was used in the legal profession in the mid-1950s to describe how companies used fine print to get around the law."
[But in characterizing the def's request for more info as 'boilerplate,' I did not intend to suggest that def. atty. was trying to do anything illegal or inappropriate.]

Not so briefly, boilerplate language is uniform text (clauses, paragraphs) found across a variety of standard legal documents, such as contracts. The term has long been used to describe clauses in a contract designed to protect a business, which leave no room for negotiation with customers who sign boilerplate documents without reading or understanding the contentment therein.
Ex's: contracts between merchant-consumer, landlord-tenant, employer-employee.

OK, I am having second thoughts about what might’ve precipitated the violent murders of K and M, having initially rejected this idea because it just seemed so unlikely to me for reasons I will explain in a second, but (this is all my conjecture/hypothesis and opinion, though I think certain parts of the record [as we know it so far] support it):

If we take the AA‘s statement about K and M being found in a “single bed” to mean, literally, a twin-sized (small) bed and not, as some have suggested, to merely mean “the only bed in the room” AND we take into consideration BK’s anti-gay/homophobic attitude, anecdotal evidence of which was provided by some of BK’s former grad school colleagues, might not BK have been utterly enraged to discover in the third-floor bedroom not only two conventionally-attractive women who (he might assume) wouldn’t look twice at him as a prospective romantic partner but two women whose sharing of one bed might’ve indicated to him that they were romantically/sexually interested in each other?

I am not at all suggesting that K and M WERE actually romantically or sexually involved with each other (and, as a queer woman myself, I hope you will understand that I am also not saying there’d be anything at all wrong with it if they were!), only that it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if a deeply homophobic and misogynistic person like BK allegedly was (again, this is per the anecdotes of his classmates/former associates) would read the presence of two adult women in one tiny bed (whose size would almost guarantee there was some level of physical proximity/closeness between the women) as “evidence” that they were sexually interested in each other. This scene could have seemed like a real slap in the face to an insecure, incel-adjacent narcissist (I am using that term in the colloquial, not diagnostic, sense so please leave me out of the “misuse of the DSM” gatekeeping discussion) and could very well have enraged him to the point of savage brutality against both K and M.

As far as why I initially rejected this idea: my mother kept asking me if I didn’t think the boatload of photos released to the public that showed K and M physically intertwined with each other indicated they might be “more than friends” (her words, not mine). I said that (based on my 20+ years as a college instructor) these poses weren’t at all uncommon for young women of that age, especially women in sororities, and told her she was reading too much into these images. But, in light of what we know about BK’s attitudes towards both women AND LGBTQIA+ people, I am starting to wonder if perhaps I’M the one who might’ve been misreading the images (or, at the very least, the one who was wrong to automatically foreclose on the possibility that their close friendship might’ve included some level of physical/romantic affection).

Again, this is all just my speculation based on certain parts of the record, but as far as guessing at what could’ve motivated this milquetoast misogynist to commit such brutality against K and A, it seems to me as plausible a theory as any other.
with or without an LGBQ angle, I think, IMO, the murderer could have just been flat out jealous- people can be jealous of attention paid to work, to children, to exes. to hobbies, to friends .... it does not take much and everyone has said that MM and KG were closer than sisters.

I've been thinking about this new phone, and new number registered in PA. What would be the reason to get a new phone with a new number registered at his parents home. This might seem strange, but consider this: what if one or both his parents were strict or controlling? I've applied this thought to the drive back to PA. Maybe dad was in control of that as well. I realize these are strange thoughts. But, sometimes the craziest things bring new insight. I do apologize upfront if I've crossed a line. Please feel free to remove my post.
As someone close to BK's age who has had the same phone number my entire life, I also find it strange! I find his dad accompanying him on the cross country drive less unusual (it's been discussed quite a bit in other threads, and I agree that it probably seemed like a good idea because it's a long trip to make solo, and it could've been an opportunity to bond).

I will say, though, that a few recent comments from BK's dad that have come out have put the idea in my mind that he was very protective or at least very invested in his son's success. I think this is true of any parent, especially a parent of a young adult who has seemingly turned his life around after drug addiction. Could this have pushed BK to want more independence? Who knows. I don't think it's appropriate to speculate too much about BK's family, as they are victims in this as well, but I just wanted to share my thoughts. All MOO.

I think he's guilty, too. Should he be found guilty in a court of law, or plead guilty, he certainly needs to be separated from society.

However, I'm not of the opinion he deserves to be separated from society because of alleged writings from a decade ago. That's not a culture/civilization I would want to see flourish. Who gets to say who needs to be locked up? Who gets to write rules like that? JMHO

I usually agree with what you say. And an about to agree with you in my own digressive way.

As a teacher and a researcher in neuro-psychiatric conditions, I'd say that we should pay a lot of attention to how kids feel and what they say at 16. It's often predictive and is sometimes a cry for help. It is often a cry for help.

He ought not to have been singled out at 16 - I think that's what you're saying and I entirely agree. He did nothing to be locked up nor does being locked up help people.

This crime was likely avoidable, but the people who could have stopped it probably didn't know what to do.

It's very possible his family never saw his SM posts.

But in cases I know about personally where professionals did bring certain clues and utterances to the attention of parents, they still didn't know what to do and we don't seem to have resources for that kind of family intervention.

Only a tiny percentage of teens with 'issues" are going to go on to be killers - but is that what it takes before we, as a society, pay more attention to mental health issues in kids?

Sometimes I think money is the only relevant variable in parsing all of this. As someone who has dealt with a mentally ill family member for years and years, I can say it is draining both financially and otherwise.

The person in my life survived their most acute period (as many people do, as so many illnesses are worse in the teens, 20's and 30's, with coping skills kicking in, with help, as the person ages).

I didn't know that at the time, and most people who are faced with that issue feel isolated, scared, ashamed, personally responsible and without any idea what to do. I myself fell victim (over and over) to believing things were better or that we knew what we were doing. I had family who was exceptionally supportive and wise - not everyone has that.

With 330,000,000 Americans and virtually no mental health care that's affordable and even less information about various syndromes, I think we have a long way to go as a society.

I think he's guilty, too. Should he be found guilty in a court of law, or plead guilty, he certainly needs to be separated from society.

However, I'm not of the opinion he deserves to be separated from society because of alleged writings from a decade ago. That's not a culture/civilization I would want to see flourish. Who gets to say who needs to be locked up? Who gets to write rules like that? JMHO
I think he's guilty, as well. But I always reserve the right to change my mind....and I do that often.

I can't imagine a scenario where someone not intending to murder anyone takes a knife with a 7-inch blade into a house while everyone is sleeping. IMO, once he crossed the threshold of that house, he exited planning territory entirely and entered the committing a felony territory. JMOO
Agreed. Especially a combat knife specifically designed to slice through skin and cause fatal injuries.

Boilerplate. A More Succinct Explanation.
Think of ‘boilerplate’ as a form letter. It’s pre-prepared, not designed for a specific situation. All you do is fill in the names and the dates. It’s not specific to legal situations, even.
The word itself refers to the days of metal typesetting
@wary Thanks for your post.

You're right in that we have not yet reached that perfect world. We are caught midway between "see something, say something" and mass murderers. I confess that I don't know the solution.
But as I said in my original post, at least BK has been identified in this situation - he will be offered help or face punishment. General society will benefit in either case.

The PCA says BK was spotted on the cameras at Albertsons around 1 am the night/morning of the murders, and that he walked through the store and purchased unknown items.

By watching on survelliance cameras, I'm surprised they can't figure out -- with a good deal of certainty -- just what he bought in the store that night.
If he paid with cash it's more difficult. However, if he used his check card, they definitely know what he purchased. This is probably not included in the information released to the public. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member