ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, also, just an interesting observation:

IMO, in all of the discussions back in the day about how come they rule the exes and whonots out so quickly, none of us ever suggested that they might have an eyewitness. I know they strongly suggested the roommates were asleep, but it could have also been, say, a neighbour. I cannot recall this idea ever being thrown out there.

MOO. I might be mistaken.

BTW, the car speeding away tells me that BK knew someone else was in the house and was afraid that the police had already been called. Otherwise, why risk suspicion for speeding. The other argument for him speeding would be that the knew that video would be blurry at night of a car moving fast.
Not necessarily IMO, he could have been hopped up on adrenaline at that point. Hence his speeding.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

There may have been some time taken to assess evidence but I don't believe he was even close to getting away with murder or he wouldn't be sitting where he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
He would have received his admission information in the spring, along with financial package, and date of orientation in late summer. Since we know from the hairdresser that he had an appointment on July 8th, and that his father drove to Moscow with him and helped him move in, then he likely arrived in June or early July. JMO.
Agreed. He's shown attending DeSales Uni graduation Friday May 19, 2022. Hair appt July 8. So sometime between those two dates is the best estimate I can offer.

Im sorry, what is MOO? I’m trying to find an abbreviation list or something but it’s hard to navigate outside of specific cases.

This will help:

This part stands out to me:
"On the third floor, the suspect checks Goncalves' bedroom and wakes her dog. The suspect then proceeds Mogen's bedroom, killing Mogen and Goncalves."

If true, it assumes that
* KG might have been (one of the) target(s) - unless he initally planned to kill everyone from top to bottom
* He knew KG was home
* But he did not know, which bedroom she was at that night
* But he did know, that she might sleep in Ms room

If true - this kinda makes me feel more like his initial plan was to kill everyone (while he still might have had primary target(s), because it's hard for me to imagine a lot of scenarios where the conditions in that list would be filled.
This is not directed at you, just jumping off your comment.

How does the reporter know that he "checks Goncalves' room" ? There is nothing like that in the PCA as far as I recall. I don't really like it when reporters embellish the known facts because then their speculations grow legs. Especially in an article like this one which purports to be a timeline of known facts. MOO

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

There may have been some time taken to assess evidence but I don't believe he was even close to getting away with murder or he wouldn't be sitting where he is.
It is my most humble opinion that he came dangerously close to getting away with this crime based on the evidence in the probable cause affidavit. My own opinion only. There may be additional evidence that is unknown to us all at this time. I credit good LE work for the apprehension of the suspect that is innocent until proven guilty.

I have to wonder if he was a regular drinker and under the influence often and during the crime.

From reports, after 2 or 3 beers/drinks he would get offensive and belligerent. Guess we will never know that unless he claims "blacking out" for his defense, which I could sadly see him doing something like that.

He seems to "deny" his bad behavior in the past like it never occurred! JMO, MOO

How would his attorney bring this into evidence, I wonder?

IMO, I think that someone being in the house on Nov12 is related to Xana needing to change or fix the lock on her door before the murders happened. It’s obvious that someone was breaking into the home on 1122 King Rd. Breaking and Entering. B and E.

I think BK did B&E as a trial run, to map out the layout.

How does the reporter know that he "checks Goncalves' room" ? There is nothing like that in the PCA as far as I recall. I don't really like it when reporters embellish the known facts because then their speculations grow legs. Especially in an article like this one which purports to be a timeline of known facts. MOO
I think there is some educated guessing going on in that account, but it seems reasonable to me. I feel like there are more specifics (time) re: the Door Dash delivery that we haven't heard.

Assuming that WSU's Phd academic calendar would be the same as undergrad and masters level classes, Their academic calendar for Fall 2022 showed that they started accepting Faculty/Staff tuition fee waiver forms on 8/22. 8/22 was also the first day of instruction for the term. Based on that, it doesn't sound like he would have had any studies or classes before that date.

IMO, in all of the discussions back in the day about how come they rule the exes and whonots out so quickly, none of us ever suggested that they might have an eyewitness. I know they strongly suggested the roommates were asleep, but it could have also been, say, a neighbour.
Don't rule out the possibility that they have other eyewitnesses besides DM, including BF, the DoorDash driver, and neighbors. From the PCA it would appear that at least 3 different cameras recorded him driving in the immediate area. Most likely all these video cameras picked him up when the motion initiated recording, and would have been audibly notified of the event. Anyone that was awake could have looked out their window. Not everything they have is in the PCA.

BBM, this resonates strongly with my own thoughts. Often I circle and come back to the complexity behind human motivation; how the human desire to know, categorise and explain can sometimes be a hindrance to fuller understanding of ourselves and others, IMO.

I feel that we take a step in development any time we take responsibility for our actions. If guilty I hope BK does. Some people, IMO, aren't capable, deny or refuse. I hope he is capable. MOO
RBBM
What difference would it make if he took responsibility? Outcome is likely the same.

IMO, <modsnip> he is unable to feel anything a normal person feels. I don't think a man who acts out in this way because of perceived slights or wrongs by biology (VS ), inability to connect meaningfully with others/bullying & whatever other "reasons" is a man who is capable of seeing any real truth about himself.

I think there is serious mental illness at work in this man's life from an early age. That is tragic but doesn't reduce his culpability.

Any plea he make will only be strategic as to what he thinks serves him best. All those he has victimized (4 dead, their families & friends, the larger community) do not matter to him at all & never will.

JMO & harsh assessment

He would have received his admission information in the spring, along with financial package, and date of orientation in late summer. Since we know from the hairdresser that he had an appointment on July 8th, and that his father drove to Moscow with him and helped him move in, then he likely arrived in June or early July. JMO.
Would he have a private orientation scheduled just for him or a grad student orientation?

I imagine that the reporter extrapolated from D’s confused idea that someone was playing with the dog, upstairs. But I agree that the reporter should have stayed with known facts—there’s at least 3 ways to interpret what D said.

MOO

It is my most humble opinion that he came dangerously close to getting away with this crime based on the evidence in the probable cause affidavit. My own opinion only. There may be additional evidence that is unknown to us all at this time. I credit good LE work for the apprehension of the suspect that is innocent until proven guilty.

Maybe. I keep thinking there is more evidence but the PCA evidences the manner in which they initially able to put a face and name to the evidence in hand.

Because LE has released very few details, I am simply speculating like everyone else.

This has been puzzling me for a while.
Why did he drive around like an angry maniac, not lie in wait looking at the house like a cold blooded murderer. Well, most likely because at that time, he was closer to an angry maniac than to a cold blooded murderer.
Also makes me doubt he chose based on the house.

He seemed to be driving around like a fairly normal person up to the point in the PCA where he "speeds off." I think his car is his sanctuary.

I see nothing to indicate he was driving around the neighborhood like an angry maniac. IMO. It's a small neighborhood. He actually executes a clumsy 3 point turn (which is unlikely to have been done while speeding around in anger, IMO).

He might have thought the glimpses he got of lights on/off in the house were all that mattered at that moment.

Of course, the fact that he gets caught on several cameras doing these circuits around the neighborhood (with his phone off) is a huge rookie mistake. I keep wondering if he didn't realize just how many cameras that residential neighborhood had.

Might be.

Or the house was the target if he was obsessed with the idea of a "perfect murder". Sigh.

I have never seen more "attack vulnerable" building.
Wooded area, sliding doors, no curtains - so easy to peep from the above car park.

Oh, and add no cameras, no alarm, young girls living there.

Seriously, I would be terrified to spend a night there.

JMO

I hope the landlord adds a fenced yard, with security cameras because it will attract murder junkies and weirdos to commit copycat crimes.
Also replace the sliding glass door with a more secure solid door.

Assuming that WSU's Phd academic calendar would be the same as undergrad and masters level classes, Their academic calendar for Fall 2022 showed that they started accepting Faculty/Staff tuition fee waiver forms on 8/22. 8/22 was also the first day of instruction for the term. Based on that, it doesn't sound like he would have had any studies or classes before that date.

Maybe he was excited to arrive early, (July,) be on his own, maybe for the first time in his life, make a few friends, find a few girls to stalk, learn where the best vegan restaurants were.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member