ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time did InsideLooking say the murders occurred? MOO
He went with what LE first reported around 3-3:40. I am one who does think IL was BK, or IL was copying from PappaRodgers. I think this because of the way IL spoke, and what he said. He spoke just like a Forensic Instructor, or student the way he posed questions. He also knew information not released yet, and was emphatic he was correct and we were wrong. I have no doubt he included false information on purpose, lest he be found out (he was anyway). The account was deleted the evening he met with his extradition lawyer. He could have used his phone to put his accounts on private, and delete others. Someone could easily do that, and I believe they would as he just got arrested and those accounts would be viral. I could be wrong, and IL was just copying from PR, but why not just post after BK got arrested and challenge all of those on Reddit accusing you of being BK? IL sure was an arguer and liked to be right, it seems odd he would just disappear when he could simply post and prove us wrong? IDK, it is definitely IMO only.

He went with what LE first reported around 3-3:40. I am one who does think IL was BK, or IL was copying from PappaRodgers. I think this because of the way IL spoke, and what he said. He spoke just like a Forensic Instructor, or student the way he posed questions. He also knew information not released yet, and was emphatic he was correct and we were wrong. I have no doubt he included false information on purpose, lest he be found out (he was anyway). The account was deleted the evening he met with his extradition lawyer. He could have used his phone to put his accounts on private, and delete others. Someone could easily do that, and I believe they would as he just got arrested and those accounts would be viral. I could be wrong, and IL was just copying from PR, but why not just post after BK got arrested and challenge all of those on Reddit accusing you of being BK? IL sure was an arguer and liked to be right, it seems odd he would just disappear when he could simply post and prove us wrong? IDK, it is definitely IMO only.
I didn't see one time that he knew something that wasn't already posted by LE. They were also super adamant about using correct sources and using the Idaho Lafah county page for sources. Not him at all, <modsnip - casting suspicion on another member>. Also, they said a few times they aren't BK and finally deleted the account when ppl started speculating they were. I looked at every single message they posted and thought it was funny people are so adamant IL is BK. IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Authorities remain tight-lipped about the alleged motive in the attack. They have not publicly discussed the relationship between Kohberger and the victims. Kohberger's now-deleted Instagram account — which was viewed by PEOPLE before it was removed — followed the accounts of Mogen, Gonclaves and Kernodle, but there was no public interaction."

^^bbm

I believe OP's statement that BK followed the accounts of the 3 female victims but there was no public interaction, misrepresents what's actually quoted OPs quoted link or People.

More specifically, the article states that BK allegedly sent a series of messages to one of the victims on Instagram but does not identify the victim:

Two weeks before the slayings of four University of Idaho students last November, the man now accused of killing them sent a series of messages to one of the victims on Instagram, an investigator familiar with the case tells PEOPLE.

ETA: IMO, the BK Instagram People allege was following the three female victims was not by BK but by troll account(s). Many surfaced in BKs name within hours of their murders.

Last edited:
I can't find that quote in that article. Do you have the article where the quote came from?
According to the probable cause affidavit obtained by PEOPLE, one of the victims' surviving roommates said she saw the killer. The roommate described "a figure clad in black clothing and a mask," who walked past her as the person left the crime scene.

The affidavit also alleged that Kohberger was linked to the crime scene from DNA and cell phone pings.

Authorities remain tight-lipped about the alleged motive in the attack. They have not publicly discussed the relationship between Kohberger and the victims. Kohberger's now-deleted Instagram account — which was viewed by PEOPLE before it was removed — followed the accounts of Mogen, Gonclaves and Kernodle, but there was no public interaction.

This jives with what my initial thoughts have been. He was obsessed with at least one of the women. He followed all the girls (I wonder how many girls he followed and messaged like this.) So he was able to see the inside of the house, keep tabs on what was going on. Likely stalked at least one of them (think Joe Goldberg from You) and wasn't getting the response he wanted.

As I said before, I do not believe he went there to kill a bunch of people and try to become famous. I think he went to kidnap or rape or kill one of the girls (whoever he was messaging) and things went sideways fast. I believe he thought he could get in and out doing whatever it was he was going to do, but didn't expect two girls in a bed and one of the housemates to see him at 4 am. He probably couldn't believe he killed 4 people. I honestly feel he felt he was smart enough to get away with it and it would never become the international story it has become before he entered that house.
So he was able to see the inside of the house, keep tabs on what was going on." I wonder if the virtual walkthrough of the house has always been available online.

Then, oddly, the entire account was deleted (by BK giving his attorney free rein to do so? Surely the attorney would have advised him to do so?). It was deleted on something like Day 2 after the arrest.

But, one of the first things a defense attorney might help do is erase a damning digital trail that could reach potential jury members.
MOO The last thing a defense attorney would do is destroy evidence or even potential evidence for a client he just met and was representing for a simple uncontested extradition hearing. Risk his own career and sanctions for what?
Even his murder defense attorneys wouldn't risk it. Lose lucrative income for a complete stranger?

^^bbm

I believe OP's statement that BK followed the accounts of the 3 female victims but there was no public interaction, misrepresents what's actually quoted OPs quoted link or People.

More specifically, the article only states that BK allegedly sent a series of messages to one of the victims on Instagram but does not identify the victim:

Two weeks before the slayings of four University of Idaho students last November, the man now accused of killing them sent a series of messages to one of the victims on Instagram, an investigator familiar with the case tells PEOPLE.

It's in the article that he followed the three students

^^bbm

More specifically, the article only states that BK allegedly sent a series of messages to one of the victims on Instagram but does not identify the victim:

I do not understand what you are saying.

The quote I posted comes directly from the article.

You can follow people on Insta without ever sending them a public or private message. He could have followed the victims and only sent one of them a DM. MOO

Last edited:
Would the judge who issued the Gag have the power to pull the article? Has the 'investigative source' broken the order?
I suppose you could think of "investigative source" as either someone directly involved in the investigation or a source the reporter developed while performing investigative journalism. At the moment, the only non-LE source I can think of for that particular information would be someone who works at Instagram.

So he was able to see the inside of the house, keep tabs on what was going on." I wonder if the virtual walkthrough of the house has always been available online.
The virtual walk through (there are a few) came after the murders. But there was an old Zillow ad with photos of all the rooms, etc. I think it's since been removed. However, I think that house would be incredibly difficult to navigate by looking only at pictures. It's got a weird floor plan. That being said, if he followed any of the victims or roommates on TikTok, they posted videos of inside the house, so one maybe could get an idea of the layout from those videos. Or, maybe he's been in the house at a party and poked around.

Authorities remain tight-lipped about the alleged motive in the attack. They have not publicly discussed the relationship between Kohberger and the victims. Kohberger's now-deleted Instagram account — which was viewed by PEOPLE before it was removed — followed the accounts of Mogen, Gonclaves and Kernodle, but there was no public interaction.

From the article
People magazine has sited sources several times, and they fall flat on their face. People magazine is either making up stuff or they need better sources. Imo.

I suppose you could think of "investigative source" as either someone directly involved in the investigation or a source the reporter developed while performing investigative journalism. At the moment, the only non-LE source I can think of for that particular information would be someone who works at Instagram.
I suggested earlier that it could be somebody from Insta.

I assumed that Insta would not have to follow the gag order put in place by the judge.

But now I am thinking that if LE contacted Insta to document the authenticity of the accounts, that the Insta person asked to do this could be called to testify. So, in essence, this would make them/Insta a witness? So would they be under the gag order?

IDK.

I'm not sure how BK could know her plans in any event.
He might have stalked them on SM. Young people reveal an appalling amount of information with no thought of "what if." My Dad taught me very early to ask myself "what's the worst thing that could happen if I do this?". That question kept me from doing a lot of stupid/risky things throughout my life. Thanks Dad! :)

I totally agree. There were other things too. Discussions of a new diagnosis, a pattern that replicates how the TapATalk account behaves when he is caught by others being a <sponsor censored> ----hole (BK's own words on TapATalk).

The way that all three accounts refuse to recognize the nuances of what others are saying is notable. I mean, we can get into text arguments here, but almost always, we either agree to disagree or one of us concedes. We tend to disagree only upon interpretations of specific facts - but PR and IL were EXPERTS and no one had better challenge them, they KNEW why the murders had occurred (and then both disappeared after the arrest).

IL took offense at someone's claim that the murderer could *not* be on the autistic spectrum because the murderer could drive. IL then went off on his expertise and experience of autism and how "autists can and do drive." He was of course right, but what a weird tangent. IL argues therefore that the killer is on the autistic spectrum. This same style of loose associations in some arguments is in evidence with the TapATalk posts and the PR posts (although I'm not so familiar with them) .

Before InsideLooking, there was a very similar account (now deleted) ominously called OutisideLooking (yes, with a typo). It disappeared just before IL started its reddit account. People mocked the grandiosity of OL for stating that they knew all about these murders and they mocked his typo, so he deleted and started anew - with the same group of conversation partners/same forum.

People magazine has sited sources several times, and they fall flat on their face. People magazine is either making up stuff or they need better sources. Imo.
Typically, I agree but...."Kohberger's now-deleted Instagram account — which was viewed by PEOPLE before it was removed — followed the accounts of Mogen, Gonclaves and Kernodle, but there was no public interaction."

They do say in the quote above they viewed his account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam