ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 67

Status
Not open for further replies.

Police seized more than a dozen items during a court-approved search of homicide suspect Bryan Kohberger’s apartment in Pullman, Washington, on Dec. 30, including a black rubber glove, a vacuum dust container and red-stained bedding, according to a pair of search warrants unsealed Tuesday.

<modsnip - more than 10% of article posted>
Black rubber glove. Just one? Things of that nature drive me crazy. It’s as though he taunting police.

I just thought of something...when D & B called friends (Im assuming males) over the morning of the 13th and apparently, several spoke with the 911 operator and Im guessing one or more of those friends went inside if only to the second floor.
A lot of college kids wear Vans and easily could have stepped in something within the crime scene, maybe that latent shoe print was from one of them? We haven't head a lot about it, and I would think IF it was the killers it would be upfront and center as the sheath. IDK MOO
Good point. That there was only one footprint to be found in a house that seemed get a lot of foot traction seems odd to me in general. I guess BK was light on his feet up until he got to D’s door.

/JMO

I had to take a mental health break from following this trial and posting here..... but am just catching up now so sorry if this was discussed already. What is the benefit of denying an expedited prelim trial? Doesn't that just give everyone more time to gather evidence? or would the main trial still have been given the same amount of time. Sorry, not well-versed in these sorts of things!
Welcome back. BK waived his right to a speedy trial. Often done by a defendant to give them additional time to investigate the prosecution's case and mount a defense.

Yes, but WHERE are the SHEETS??
I'll spare linking GQ and other lifestyle magazines, but it just occurred to me that it's a common belief in BK's age group that "top sheets are overrated." Moreover, there is the joke / meme that young, single men live in squalor and have mattresses on the floor, instead of a bed frame. If BK had sparse bedding, or only a mattress pad and like a quilt (no sheets), that might not have been THAT unusual... IMO, and food for thought. Could explain the lack of linen taken during the execution of the warrant.

Black rubber glove. Just one? Things of that nature drive me crazy. It’s as though he taunting police.
He’s just an idiot who thought they’d never find him I think. It’s remarkable, how someone who studied things like this, scouted the house, and planned for months, did this.

I think he knew he was done when he left the sheath, and tried to cover it up. But he made more mistakes, and forgot items.

Idiot.

Definitely. But I'm guessing they had to have at least done some lower level digging and found things that led them to the 12/23 cell pull. I don't recall what kind of request was made to AT&T. Most companies policies require different levels of legal action before providing data. Each level has a higher bar to clear via the legal process.

Reddit for example
Request for Preservation (Accounts get suspended) - written notice by LE, reviewed by Reddit's legal team
Request for Basic Information - Subpoena, has to request the specific account name. They only get that data back. signup IP, join date, basic account information
Everything - Warrant. All communications. All accounts. Everything linked to that person. And trust me, Reddit will know and find it.
AT&T records were obtained by search warrant.

Most murder convictions in the US are circumstantial. Nearly all of the serial killers were convicted via circumstantial evidence. There are rarely eyewitnesses to murders. Sometimes the eyewitnesses are babies and small children, but people are convicted of domestic homicide all the time. On circumstantial evidence.
I wasn't referring to most criminal court cases, I was only referring to this one in particular and only what was presented in the PCA.

MOO its not only obviously circumstantial but could easily be argued by the defense, the prosecution is also missing key ingredients for slam dunk conviction (so far). Heck we have seen plenty of ways here on WS to negate the PCA accusations as well as in SM and news interviews, many have been linked here. IMO thats quite easy to see...

IMO if ONLY what is in the PCA was presented to an impartial jury and argued by a well qualified attorney, with expert witness' along with scientific evidence, "reasonable doubt" could certainly be raised. As I have said before, the defense only needs to have one member of the jury question what the prosecution is presenting for that juror to say no to sentencing a man to death or even life.

I personally hope and pray that a member of any jury would only convict someone if they believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that the person is indeed guilty, but thats just me.

Maybe if they didn’t find towels, etc, that’s why they didn’t take apart the plumbing.
That’s the first thing I would have checked is the shower and sinks.

Well, if so, that's majorly dumb. Obviously, towels can be tossed easier than plumbing, right? Either would do to show that he washed victim blood off himself at his own apartment. The absence of towels makes me think that's exactly what he did (plus he went home after an evidence-tossing circuit of Genesee and other places not directly on route to his apt.)

So the plumbing was/is crucial (not too late, either).

I too would have ordered the dismantling of the traps in sink and shower, first thing. But not finding towels would not change that - everyone knows towels can be sunk to the bottom of a river.

But plumbing going missing? I don't think even BK would try that.

I wasn't referring to most criminal court cases, I was only referring to this one in particular and only what was presented in the PCA.

MOO its not only obviously circumstantial but could easily be argued by the defense, the prosecution is also missing key ingredients for slam dunk conviction (so far). Heck we have seen plenty of ways here on WS to negate the PCA accusations as well as in SM and news interviews, many have been linked here. IMO thats quite easy to see...

IMO if ONLY what is in the PCA was presented to an impartial jury and argued by a well qualified attorney, with expert witness' along with scientific evidence, "reasonable doubt" could certainly be raised. As I have said before, the defense only needs to have one member of the jury question what the prosecution is presenting for that juror to say no to sentencing a man to death or even life.

I personally hope and pray that a member of any jury would only convict someone if they believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that the person is indeed guilty, but thats just me.

That’s a coincidence! Just a moment ago, I was thinking about the way that the standard of proof is “beyond a reasonable doubt,” not “beyond the shadow of a doubt.” Big difference.

From the perspective of an Idaho taxpayer, to proceed with such overwhelming evidence would be a total waste
of money.
Welcome! As someone who pays taxes in PA I have no problem helping to pay for BK's snails-pace flight back to ID after his arrest. Worth every penny, happy to help out. He needs to be brought to justice. JMO.
Edited to add link:

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS!
I think Marshalls would list the brand right on the receipt. I sure hope so.

I also hope like heck that a bunch of people noticed him wearing Vans. Best of all, I hope there are family pictures and school pictures of him wearing Vans. Preferably found right on his own phone.
I shop at Marshall's and TJ Maxx frequently. It would just say "footwear". Nothing brand specific unfortunately.

I'll spare linking GQ and other lifestyle magazines, but it just occurred to me that it's a common belief in BK's age group that "top sheets are overrated." Moreover, there is the joke / meme that young, single men live in squalor and have mattresses on the floor, instead of a bed frame. If BK had sparse bedding, or only a mattress pad and like a quilt (no sheets), that might not have been THAT unusual... IMO, and food for thought. Could explain the lack of linen taken during the execution of the warrant.

Well sure. We don't have top sheets at my house. But NO sheets (or TOWELS) at all? (The towels are a big deal for me). He showered without towels and this is a new thing?

Okay. So tear up the plumbing (which should be done anyway).

No pillow cases, no sheets (but mattress covers, which are not as easily washed as a bottom sheet, which is why we have bottom sheets). No TOWELS. Apparently no dark clothing, either.

The more that's missing from a potential crime scene, the more the investigators should use simple and basic procedures (such as taking out the plumbing - which has been helpful in many other cases).

I hope he ends up embarrassed by what they *do* find on his mattress cover. And having it revealed to the world that he doesn't use towels (or a shower curtain). Women have had their underwear taken and analyzed (as rape victims - and indeed, I think that's why the defense wanted those mattresses from 1122 King).

Analyze HIS underwear. Or no underwear, either? No dark clothes, no underwear, no towels. If I'm a juror, this does not remove all doubt, but it sure is hinky and makes everything else look even worse. Did he never wash his hands and dry them off? Did he use paper towels to dry? Towels WITHOUT blood evidence would help him, but no towels at all is weird.

Examples, please?
Casey Anthony comes to mind... the evidence in that case was overwhelming. OJ too. I'm sure there are more that are lower profile, but those are the two major ones with DNA evidence + a mountain of evidence where they were acquitted.

Yes most people with a ton of evidence for murder are convicted, but my point was that the the judge can't just wave off the trial and decide the person is guilty themselves.

Has it been mentioned here that maybe the reason he drove back to the crime at 9 AM was to go back and kill Dylan? That thought just occurred to me. I know many have suggested he wanted to find his knife sheath. I’m sorry if it has been brought up. I’ve been sick with the flu for a couple weeks and I know I can never catch up.
Just a thought. In any case, I’m glad his mind said no and he left.
I think he went back to see the police investigation...like just another looky-loo. Lord knows what went through his head when he saw that there wasn’t one.

They wouldn’t even need to do that. A download of his phone would provide law enforcement with that data. I wonder what else was on that device.

Oh - very true. I can only imagine. His own phone will do him in. Of course.

I'm going to go with Freud: this is a guy who unconsciously wanted to be caught (but in a Big Way and Be Famous).

(Emphasis added.)

Is it exonerating, or merely lacking in evidentiary value? Surely everyone expects they will find traces of BK in BK's home!

I'm not saying the defense won't be sure to remind the jury if nothing of the victims or crime is found in BK's apartment and car, but it will be up to jurors (or the judge, if no jury) to decide whether that is exculpatory.

Did I somehow lose the right to edit my own post?

10ofRods clarified his/her use of terms in a later post and I wanted to delete my post as shown above. The system is giving me no "edit" option, unfortunately, though it is allowing me to reply to myself.

Sorry, 10. This thread is on fire and I was catching up...

(ETA I can edit THIS post, so that previous one must have been a glitch in the Matrix.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member