ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I disbelieve it, but when I saw images of his parents' house via drone that were published on the local TV station, I had to wonder about the location of the neighbor's trash bin and whether Bryan walked all the way down the long drive in the middle of the night to throw something away.

It seems to me, and this is just all MOO, that any "evidence" BK had to dispose of would have been thrown away long ago. It's not like officers couldn't have gotten his DNA in a dozen other ways.

Here's a still shot from the drone footage from KXLY.

View attachment 396379
If he was taking the trash out for trash day, he coud easily (once at the end of his drive with his wheelie bin) transfer trash from his trash bin to the neighbors. The distance between their driveways isn't that great.

Last edited:
I'm bringing this forward from @TeaTime who posted a well thought out list (which is not in line with my thinking right now, so it interests me all the more) I attempted to attach a link, but it kept attaching something random. Sorry for the long post.

Circumstantial evidence:

He resides in Pullman, 10 miles from Moscow and is a PhD candidate in criminal psychology at WSU.

His telephone pinged in the area of the house 12 times starting on August 23 - all late night or early morning hours.

He tried unsuccessfully to connect with KG on IG on several occasions prior to 11/13.

He took a long route to Moscow from his home at about 2:45am on 11/13 (as captured by WSU cameras), turning off his cell phone minutes after leaving Pullman.

His car was captured on videos driving around Moscow in the wee hours of 11/13.

His car was captured on video driving around the house in the wee hours of 11/13, the last capture being at 4:04 am in the 500 block of Queen, the only side street off of King.

A witness in the house heard sounds, whimpers and voices "around 4 am".
BBM

Wasn't it the audio from a neighbors security cam that caught the possible voices, whimpers, & a thud?? Was there a witness too?? I know DM heard a few different things (what sounded like KG, crying, and a male's voice) but not the whimpers & thud. MOO

And, though DM heard what she heard around 4, and a bit thereafter, I believe the security cam audio was captured at 4:17.

Pg 4 of PCA

Though I hope the victim's families' lawyers are telling them it isn't the best idea.
Hopefully, if people know something they will have enough brains and heart to go straight to LE with the info. If they go to the press first instead or worse only to the press, then anything of value they have to say would be a wash. JMO.

I mean journalists have trouble getting official stories because of the gag order, so they have to get their stories elsewhere.
Totally think that's generally true, but with this case LE was so tight-lipped (and remains so) that I feel like the media had to look elsewhere a long time ago. And of course they did because the public really wants to know about this case. As ugly as it can be with the Nancy Grace types, there are plenty of people in the media who aren't like that and are more just doing their job. JMO (especially as a former reporter, lol)

Idaho Suspect Bryan Kohberger Visited Restaurant Where 2 Victims Worked 'At Least Twice' Before Killings​

<snipped>
In the weeks before the slayings of four University of Idaho students last November, the man now accused of killing them allegedly ate at the restaurant where two of the victims worked.

According to a former employee at the Mad Greek restaurant in Moscow, Idaho, Bryan Kohberger came in at least twice to grab vegan pizza. Two of the victims — Madison Mogen and Xana Kernodle — were servers at the restaurant.

It's unclear if either woman ever waited on Kohberger, or if they even interacted, but PEOPLE confirms that a now-deleted account that appeared to belong to Kohberger once followed both Mogen and Kernodle on Instagram along with the third female murder victim, Kaylee Goncalves.

Idaho Suspect Bryan Kohberger Visited Restaurant Where 2 Victims Worked 'At Least Twice' Before Killings
Interesting! I wonder if LE was able to find the footage showing when he was there. Additionally, I wonder if those dates matched any of the dates BK's phone pinged near the King Rd house. Just me speculating.

I am careful in many articles and websites that report sources. But, I find truth in much of this source in what we soon learned when the affidavit was published. I don't think we will know what was found in the neighbors trash until discovery. I would bet they got a warrant stat as soon as they saw that happen and/ or made sure the warrant they had for the kohberger residence would extend to BK's trash in neighbor's bin. IMO
Don't need a warrant to search trash.

"The Fourth Amendment does not prohibit the warrantless search and seizure of garbage left for collection outside the curtilage of a home"

California v. Greenwood, 486 U.S. 35 (1988)

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article271401557.html

[…]

Parties are prohibited from publicizing information that would be inadmissible evidence and could risk creating an impartial trial if the information was disclosed, according to the order.

Previously the order just prohibited parties from sharing the following:

• evidence;
  • the character, credibility, reputation, or criminal record of an involved party;
  • results, performance, or the refusal to participate in any tests or examinations;
  • any opinion “as to the merits of the case or the claims or defense of party”;
  • and any information that could interfere with a fair trial.
The Latah County Clerk’s Office declined to provide any clarity stating that they can’t “interpret the order.” When asked if there was someone who could interpret the order, a Statesman reporter was told “no.”

This story was originally published January 19, 2023 5:21 PM.
The story also says:
A coalition of at least 18 news outlets from around the region, including the Idaho Statesman, have retained an attorney to challenge the gag order.

I tend to be wary of people who suddenly remember something like this. Maybe this employee is telling the truth and that's the connection as many here theorized, but it's strange.

It's rarely sudden.

In Truman Capote's classic, In Cold Blood, the key person who led to solving the case waited to speak up, until encouraged by someone with, shall we say, morals?

He remembered earlier, but kept it to himself because he was scared.

People sometimes need support to speak out. Most victims do. It's well known.

I am not wary of people who keep things to themselves and then make a decision to speak up. All of this testimony/speaking up has consequences and most people won't speak up at all until it seems clear that the right person is in custody.

I trust this employee (whose identification tags are weak - but not as weak as the ones reported by the local reporter) more than I trust that local reporter. It sometimes takes a while to get a reporter to use one's information. People sometimes call reporters and get no response, even with voicemail, while the reporters happily call and spend 5 minutes on the phone with a random employee (this is in small town journalism; they are still learning).

People can choose to believe reporter 1 (who says BK never was at MadGreek but has only the source of "staff") or reporter 2 (who relays to someone their actual position on staff, which is "former employee").

He was either there or he wasn't.

Just asking: does it matter where he threw it? The main takeaway is DNA in the trash showed a familial link, which led to Kohberger's arrest.

IMO, yes, it matters very much where he threw it. Throwing the garbage into the neighbor's bin could be his way to dispose of potential evidence.

IMO I agree with those who feel this is important, at least circumstantially.

To me it shows consciousness of guilt. He, Mr. Criminology, may have assumed at some point he could be tracked down, and that LE (especially the FBI) would rummage through his trash in search of DNA.

Hence, stash the trash where he figured LE would not look, and therefore his matching DNA may be missed.

But he was being surveilled by the FBI as he did it.

Just speculation, IMO MOO

I don't know what to make of the instagram stalking. As of right now, I'm holding out on believing it.

If I change my Instagram user name, everything I've done in the past would then switch to my new name. Then - if I change that new name to something else, my other one will appear as a deleted user. Example: last year I slid into someone's messaging and said, "Hey, you're cute". Then, a few months later I changed my user name, that message would show my new name. So someone could have messaged a victim using another name, then changed their name to BK and it would look like it was BK messaging them last year.

When you change your username, everything within the app will automatically switch over to your new account name. So all of your previous comments, mentions, and likes will display your new username.

However, if someone attempts to find your profile and tries to search for your old username, they will get a notification that reads “user not found.” That alert might lead them to believe that you’ve deleted or deactivated your Instagram account.

Can people see your previous Instagram names?​

No. Once you’ve changed your Instagram name, people will only be able to see your current username. There is no way for them to access your previous usernames.
Can confirm re: name change. But someone whose user name is currently BK-adjacent did send one of the victims DMs before the murders, correct?

Hopefully, if people know something they will have enough brains and heart to go straight to LE with the info. If they go to the press first instead or worse only to the press, then anything of value they have to say would be a wash. JMO.

I was referring to the victim's families and the information they may have learned about the case. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels