ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the order prevents family members from talking, it prevents lawyers, police, investigators, their clerks and associates from feeding them inside information.
I also don’t think anymore inside information is being shared with any attorneys that are not assigned to work this case as it is now prohibited [without authorization from the court = extrajudicial].

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED:
1. The attorneys for any interested party in this case, including the prosecuting attorney, defense attorney, and any attorney representing a witness, victim, or victim‘s family, as well as the parties to the above entitled action, including but not limited to investigators, law enforcement personal, and agents for the prosecuting attorney or defense attorney, are prohibited from making extrajudicial statements (written or oral) concerning this case, except, without additional comment, a quotation from or reference to the official public record of the case.

AMENDED NONDISSEMINATION ORDER
The judge has refused to clarify. It certainly looks like it does apply to the family members and we sure haven't seen any of them come out and disprove that interpretation. If they can gag family members in the Delphi case they can do it anywhere.

On the Court's motion, in response to defendant's undated "Press Release", the Court issues an
order granting the State's Motion for Order Prohibiting the Parties, Counsel, Law Enforcement
Officials, Court Personnel, Coroner, and Family Members from Disseminating Information or
Releasing Any Extra-Judicial Statements by Means of Public Communication in whole, pending
hearing which the Court has just recently scheduled for January 13, 2023, at. 10:00 a.m. in the Carroll
Circuit Court.

Completely fabricated.

The owner of Mad Greek, Jackie Fischer, says in a Facebook post that the report is based on "completely fabricated information."
"The news/media should really do their due diligence before running a story with completely fabricated information. This will be my only response to this story from People… It is not true," Fischer wrote.

Source

I wonder about the claims of BK being at the Mad Greek, LE was seen collecting surveillance video from the restaurant. I guess time will tell. If LE was collecting video, it seems that LE wanted to follow up on wait staff's comments about BK at the restaurant.

Quote: "Investigators are aware of Kohberger's visits to the restaurant and have interviewed employees and the owners of Mad Greek. They have also collected surveillance video from the restaurant and surrounding businesses.".

Trying to follow this convo but I'm having trouble, because WS. Not sure what you mean. BK waived his right to a speedy trial. Both sides probably welcome that decision. I missed where the prosecution asked for that outcome.
You're not responding to me, but I happenned to re-watch court appearance just now. "Waived right to Speedy Trial" is News Nation headline btw. BK waived right to early preliminary hearing so not really trial, but extended period of discovery required. Prosecution noted first week July better cos calendar, then all parties agree last week June. No conflict, not to my mind, IIRCC. MOO

c1min.40secs "On reflection the State's Calendar would be better in first week of July, but..." and then something like but last week June fine.

Last edited:
The Moscow-Pullman Daily News and sister paper the Lewiston Tribune are among 22 newspapers in a coalition to ask a judge to narrow a gag order in the case against a man accused of killing four University of Idaho students

The judge has refused to clarify. It certainly looks like it does apply to the family members and we sure haven't seen any of them come out and disprove that interpretation. If they can gag family members in the Delphi case they can do it anywhere.

On the Court's motion, in response to defendant's undated "Press Release", the Court issues an
order granting the State's Motion for Order Prohibiting the Parties, Counsel, Law Enforcement
Officials, Court Personnel, Coroner, and Family Members from Disseminating Information or
Releasing Any Extra-Judicial Statements by Means of Public Communication in whole, pending
hearing which the Court has just recently scheduled for January 13, 2023, at. 10:00 a.m. in the Carroll
Circuit Court.
Do you have a link for the judge's "refusal?" All I've seen is a clerk refusing to explain the order (not at all unusual-- clerks shouldn't interpret orders) and the statement that "judges don't explain" they speak through their orders-- so it is what it is. Has the judge actually said "I won't explain?"

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article271401557.html

JMO

Do you have a link for the judge's "refusal?" All I've seen is a clerk refusing to explain the order (not at all unusual-- clerks shouldn't interpret orders) and the statement that "judges don't explain" they speak through their orders-- so it is what it is. Has the judge actually said "I won't explain?"

JMO
It sounds to me like the judge's orders does not apply directly to family members but the judge is not going to let them off the hook if they decide on their own that it applies to them. JMOOoooo

The emotional/mental fallout is wide ranging in cases like this. It's like the effect of throwing a rock in a lake and watching the ripples spread and spread until they hit the shore.

To all media/reporters/internet sleuths, etc.. please allow us to grieve the loss of our friends and co workers. This has been incredibly hard on us. With our phones ringing off the hook, reporters banging on my door at my private residence and “hunting” down employees as well as showing up constantly at the restaurant, we have not been afforded the time to grieve. Please stop calling, messaging, knocking and showing up.

JMO
Fair enough...
Is this more accurate?

The judge has not attempted to clarify, and when asked the clerk responded "judges don't explain, they speak through their orders-- so it is what it is."

Semantics IMHO

It IS crazy and that's why I think the prosecution will strike and miss if they think this proves guilt. It just isn't conceivable to me that he'd wait for a solid month and a cross-country road trip to clean his vehicle.

MOO

But he could have cleaned it in a somewhat cursory way in WA (I suspect he had lined parts of the interior with plastic, which were discarded immediately on his way home from the murder). But scrubbing and sanitizing his car may have attracted someone observing him in WA, especially in his apartment complex parking lot. So perhaps upon being “safely” (ha!) back in PA, he decided to do the comprehensive cleaning of the vehicle. You know, with bleach or industrial strength cleaners, wiping down every nook and cranny. And did it in the middle of the night so even his parents wouldn’t be aware of his activity. JMO.

I think there's a reason Ethan's info wasn't released in the PCA, it had to be different from the girls - so not stabbed in the same fashion... Without getting too graphic, more slashed/chop motions as mentioned above :(

So depending where the wounds were or if too many, COD might've been harder to determine as not an obvious spot on the body targeted (heart, head, throat/neck, etc). Sorry I feel bad typing this...

I think he was asleep otherwise DM would've heard Ethan vocalizing if he got up. Ethan's and Xana's faces were untouched according to that article posted awhile back (a possible interesting clue)... which leads me to believe one of the girls upstairs faces wasn't left untouched.
Uncomfortably graphic but IMO EC was the 3rd or 4th victim- the knife was dulling. It was most likely harder to grasp, as well. IMO this could account for a difference in wounds if there actually were differences.

BK waived right to early preliminary hearing so not really trial, but extended period of discovery required.
Good point! Considering that the prosecution has been investigating this case for over two months while the defense has had barely two weeks to try to catch up, I would hardly characterize that as a stalling tactic.

I saw a different tweet because the one I saw did not have a photo with it. Never saw one that referenced two employees (or, one current and one former) either so we are not on the same page but thank you for clarifying!
Fair enough...
Is this more accurate?

The judge has not attempted to clarify, and when asked the clerk responded "judges don't explain, they speak through their orders-- so it is what it is."

Semantics IMHO
Semantics again .
I thought there would be challenge from media and press.

Is it a known fact if BK parked in front or behind the house on the street? Also was the door dash delivered to the front door? Did BK enter and leave through the slider? Sorry if this has been already discussed and missed,
No, It is alleged, and not known exactly where on Queen St BK (allegedly) parked. The strong inference is he parked on Queen Street after travelling east along it...so somewhere closer to east end but JMO.

Yes, PCA inference is he (allegedly) entered and left through the slider IMO

No mention of if DD was dropped at the front door; but others here say it's very likely would have been, IIRC.

None of this is known fact at this time IMO but makes up part of Probable Cause Affadavit. It is evidentiary and a judge deemed it sufficient along with the rest of the affadavit to warrant BK's arrrest. MOO

This will probably seem random because I’m very far back in the discussion ( page 14) and as fast as the thread moves the current discussion I’m reading has probably stopped being discussed. If you read this and know it has been discussed, solved etc., no need to reply because you will know that I will read what you have read eventually !! Lol. Yes, I’m one of those who wants to read every single post.

So here goes:
1. All my opinion
2. The average person will NEVER read or hear about the gag order
3. If the average person does happen to read, scan or hear about the gag order they probably won’t understand the way legal wording works…
Yep, that includes me!

Maybe perhaps the gag order should include a quick easy translation page with sentences that would be spoken by the average person. In this particular newer strict gag order that refers to more people there could be a simple bulleted list of the people WHO ARE ALLOWED TO TALK?

Thanks for reading, and I apologize if this is old and/or previously discussed idea. :)

Good point! Considering that the prosecution has been investigating this case for over two months while the defense has had barely two weeks to try to catch up, I would hardly characterize that as a stalling tactic.
Stalling accusations are somewhat....premature to put it mildly.MOO

No, It is alleged, and not known exactly where on Queen St BK (allegedly) parked. The strong inference is he parked on Queen Street after travelling east along it...so somewhere closer to east end but JMO.
It may be known, but certainly not by us. Considering that this PCA has to be one of the most detailed in history, you have to believe that if LE had such evidence it would have found it's way in there. But who knows what they have gleaned since December 29th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean