ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully- 'service animals' are allowed - 'emotional support animals' are NOT service animals and are not legally protected in the same manner.
In regard to housing, they are protected. The Fair Housing Act requires landlords to accept ESAs with reasonable accommodations. ESAs do not have protections in many other areas. Congress really needs to clarify the confusing mess of service and support animals in my opinion.

Sorry if I've missed this, but re: the purported 3am to 4am time of incident or death, is there any official statement from or transcript of an interview with the City of Moscow PD stating that?

The news articles that I've seen with the 3am to 4am time say that came from the Mayor of Moscow, but the Mayor has already walked back the "crime of passion" comment he made.

Someone who was so violent that he stabbed four people to death could definitely kill again, IMO.

What if he thinks someone is going to report his location to police? I don’t think he would hesitate to kill another person or persons. What would he have to lose at this point? MOO
Wait - how do we know there was only 1 killer? Could this person have had help, either in carrying out the attack, or in subduing the victims? Sorry if I am off base; this is MOO, only.

If this was well-planned I assume the attacker was wearing gloves, might have carried something with him/her to blind those attacked (bear spray, etc) although that would lead to screaming. Certainly would have had a flashlight, might have used a gun with a silencer first. Might have had a gun in case things went wrong. Might have been wearing a police uniform (Missy Bevers case). I assume LE has checked for fingerprints on the light switches, taken all of the cell phones and computers, and has talked to all friends, and probably lived alone. And if he/she is a college student, he/she is probably gone home on break and probably planned this to happen right before Thanksgiving break so he could get far away until things cooled down. IMO

Last edited:
Targeted attack is telling. Cellphone info is probably key. In further narrowing the timeline and whom they were all in last contact and location data. Should be lots of physical evidence with crime of this nature. Signs of forced entry or did did the perp use the keypad? DNA from defensive wounds.

Hello all,
This is actually going to be my first post on WS, but I wanted to add this information as (kind of) an insider. I did not know these students personally but I attend Washington State University in Pullman, which is about 20 minutes from Moscow, and all WSU and UofI students received the alert and shelter-in-place yesterday afternoon. I know people from high school who attend UofI that knew the victims personally, they were in their sororities and fraternity.
I wanted to provide a bit of credibility before speaking on some things because I am hearing a lot of misinformation in this thread. As someone who started using this website for similar reasons as you all, I am fortunate to get the chance to provide information about a crime that happened so close to my community. This was a devastating loss and something that IMO should never have happened.
Of course, there is run-of-the-mill gossip that occurs on social media and on campus. But students know just about as much as MSM is putting out. There are a few reporters on Twitter that I believe have been reporting this tragic event accurately, and they might even have knowledge from law enforcement that they are not allowed to release yet because that must go through the prosecuting attorney first.
I feel like I need to clarify several things: it has never been stated that this was a result of gun violence. MSM has confirmed this. They have also confirmed that the crime was not perpetuated by any of the victims themselves. This was not a murder-suicide. UofI as well as Moscow Police have repeatedly stated that this is being investigated as homicide, so carbon monoxide poisoning or substance overdose is not a possibility. The coroner hasn't even performed autopsy reports yet, so we cannot speculate on any cause of death yet. From what I've read, the coroner is set to perform the autopsies on Wednesday, so if they choose to release cause of death we can look for more answers at that time.
As for the perpetrator, this is where I fall short. As a student, I was in disbelief to think that a crime of this magnitude could happen in a community so close to me. I am the same age as the victims. The only statements we have heard are from the president of UofI and Moscow Police press releases. How are we supposed to believe that "there is no active threat to the community" when we have not heard whether there is a suspect in custody or not? We do not even know that ever had a suspect to begin with. This is all that we have been told at this time.
I hoped to keep this as brief as possible, but I felt like I had a duty to clear things up. I enjoy the community of WS and just wanted to make sure we are honoring the victims and their families, as curious as we may be.
I am open to answering any questions to the best of my knowledge.

To Admin: please let me know if I need to confirm any of this information with links to sources. I am happy to provide.

I’m just starting to watch this extended interview with Kaylee Convalves family. Already hearing there was a keypad at front door.
TRAGEDY AT THE UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO: The family of Kaylee Goncalves, one of four victims in the homicide near the University of Idaho, is speaking out amid an ongoing investigation. OPEN for the extended interview.

edited to add non Facebook link.
Wow, the sister here is very articulate, speaking very honestly and giving good information. I hope this gets resolved quickly.

ETA: I think the key pad will prove to be important here.

Did they? Link pls. - NM, found it. NYT/coroner

"...Cathy Mabbutt, the Latah County coroner, told The New York Times the deaths were not a murder-suicide."

Doesn't make any sense that the girls would walk all that distance in the cold @ that hour.
They had a formal that night (I think) and it makes perfect sense why they ubered if any alcohol had been consumed.

While thinking about the time between the murders and when that 911 came in, I thought back to what I did in college / even now after a group night out - brunch the next morning. Maybe they had plans for brunch and when they didn’t show, someone came looking for them.

That is a 6 bedroom home. I see the deceased as occupying 3 (or 4) of the 6 bedroom: One (or two) for the couple, one each for the other two girls. So one could slip in and quickly murder one without awakening the others. Until, of course, they got to the couple. This makes me think one of the two girls we saw at the food truck might have been the target.

So that leaves 2 or 3 unoccupied bedrooms.

Was there another roommate who moved out? They might have the code to the keypad and been able to access the house without breaking in. And they would know the layout and who occupied which bedrooms.

That is a 6 bedroom home. I see the deceased as occupying 3 (or 4) of the 6 bedroom: One (or two) for the couple, one each for the other two girls. So one could slip in and quickly murder one without awakening the others. Until, of course, they got to the couple. This makes me think one of the two girls we saw at the food truck might have been the target.

So that leaves 2 or 3 unoccupied bedrooms.

Was there another roommate who moved out? They might have the code to the keypad and been able to access the house without breaking in. And they would know the layout and who occupied which bedrooms.
Agreed, the sister said that it was such a safe area, that she wouldn't be surprised if other people didn't know the door code. She said they always practiced safety, going out in pairs, Ubering with someone, locking doors, etc.

The key pad would be my guess as to point of entry and gaining access without creating noise and it being separate bedrooms, I can see how an intruder could possibly strike without alerting others, especially if they tired, had just eaten and crashed. Speaking as a former college student after a night out :)

MOO

...might have used a gun with a silencer first.
RS&BBM Suppressors (the correct name for a supposed silencer;)) do not function like you see in movies. Even with a suppressor on a firearm, they are surprisingly loud. I've fired quite a few firearms with a suppressor and was shocked by how loud they still were (still had to wear hearing protection). Prior to that first experience, I believed the movie hoopla that the suppressor made the gun almost completely silent.

If this was well-planned I assume the attacker was wearing gloves, might have carried something with him/her to blind those attacked (bear spray, etc) although that would lead to screaming. Certainly would have had a flashlight, might have used a gun with a silencer first. Might have had a gun in case things went wrong. Might have been wearing a police uniform (Missy Bevers case). I assume LE has checked for fingerprints on the light switches, taken all of the cell phones and computers, and has talked to all friends, and probably lived alone. And if he/she is a college student, he/she is probably gone home on break and probably planned this to happen right before Thanksgiving break so he could get far away until things cooled down. IMO
LE has stated it was a sharp edged object, not a gun.

<snipped>
The victims died of stab wounds from an “edged weapon such as a knife” that has not yet been recovered, police said on Tuesday.

Their deaths have been ruled as homicides, but no arrests have been made and no suspect or suspects named.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes