ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. Makes me wonder if it's a safety thing, maybe they think someone among the student body could be in danger or could be dangerous? Or maybe it's just because some of the students left campus? I imagine the roommates are probably at home with their families during this time and maybe they're waiting for them to return? JMO.
In the article it says it’s because everyone is leaving town. They had to postpone the vigil.

Hi all....I've been away since the Fletcher tragedy and maybe this has been discussed already but I can't help but wonder...it's possible but how can one person overpower 4 individuals who more than likely fought for their lives???? I get the Speck correlation but weren't his victims asleep when they were killed? Of course no way of knowing if these students had gone to bed and were attacked in their sleep. Anyway, I think more than one individual is responsible.
I remembered the case I was trying to think of that was similar. It happened in Calgary. Matthew de Grood.

Now? I know they have fall recess from November 21-25 for Thanksgiving break.

Yep. If you watch the video they are scared as they don't have any information from LE. I would be leaving too, hands down. Stay off campus until break. Come on campus to finish classes before break.

Yes I’ve seen the picture, I’m just trying to understand how blood has seeped through like that. Seeping through a ceiling I can understand the mechanics of, seeping through a thick exterior wall halfway up doesn’t make much sense to me.

I wondered how well insulated the home is and whether there is some rot of the sill plate that rests on the foundation. The house looks like it was built in the 1970s. If the home has traditional wood floors any type of moisture could leak through and drip down the side of the foundation.

I don't know how much snow Moscow gets but any accumulation of snow around the perimeter, including snow that slides off the roof, could contribute to a rotted sill plate.

I've seen older homes that have leaky roofs and rotted sill plates. Animals like squirrels get into the attic and store nuts in the walls. Wet walnuts look like dried blood when they leak through the walls. (I know this because my husband is in the renovation business)

Yes I’ve seen the picture, I’m just trying to understand how blood has seeped through like that. Seeping through a ceiling I can understand the mechanics of, seeping through a thick exterior wall halfway up doesn’t make much sense to me.
The top of the concrete is where the floor is. It looks like the blood ran down from that floor. Imo

Snipped from above post: “They were careful and this all still happened”

?? Interesting comment to make. JMO

People will always speculate and try to blame the victim. I took it to mean that they didn’t take unnecessary risks that could possibly lead them into a situation in which something like might happen. They didn’t live life on “the edge.” JMO

So curious how they can have such a narrow timeframe for the crime when the first report of an individual found unconscious wasn’t until 11:58am. Maybe they know that the victims’ devices weren’t used after that time?
Has anyone checked to see if there was any other crime in the area (prowling, noise disturbance, loud music, etc.) that was reported in the two or three hours prior to the report of an unconscious individual?

Have any of the media asked whether any of the internet enabled devices in the house had texts or photos that suggested any sort of incident at the house that night?

I doubt if anyone would leave a window open at this time of year, but it's possible that somebody might have left a door unlocked.
I'm guessing that the person was already in the house, or they broke in through the sliding glass doors off the kitchen. The latter is always a weak point.

I've been wondering about how the killer killed everyone with a knife. I'm presuming that the couple were sleeping in the same room. How would you kill someone with a knife and not wake the other person in the bed? Was there a noise downstairs and Ethan went downstairs to investigate? But then wouldn't his girlfriend be on high alert?

Perhaps they were drugged and the killer had time to attack each of them?

I think the murderer skipped the downstairs bedrooms.

Out of curiosity, is anyone watching arrests?
Yes. I always do, depending on the county, when I hear about a crime where a suspect is in custody but names have not been released yet. This is going to be JMO but yesterday I saw an arrest made 11/14/22 for a male individual on an FTA charge (failure to appear). No clue whether this could be related but I did find it very interesting. LE has been known to make arrests on charges unrelated to crime at first, then when suspect's name is made public they add new charges. However, this arrest is no longer up on Latah County arrest as of this morning, when I checked. Likely to be unrelated, but interesting nonetheless. MOO

Snipped from above post: “They were careful and this all still happened”

?? Interesting comment to make. JMO

I think the comment anticipates people suggesting the victims were careless or irresponsible and somehow invited their own murders by associating with a “bad crowd” or not observing basic safety precautions.

Due to the brutality of the murder it appears the victims knew the perp. The victims' friends/roommates should have great insight to share with investigators regarding any issues the victims were having with classmates, other frat/sorority members, exes, etc.

Whoever did this is extremely angry and disturbed. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member