ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

I can’t count the posts I’ve removed from this thread or the number of violations for which they were removed.

Here are some things of note from our RULES of this site:

- Information stated as fact must be supported by a link to a mainstream media or law enforcement source (or other WS approved source) to substantiate the fact, otherwise the post will be removed, along with all responses to it. If the information is only your opinion, please make that clear in your post so that opinions do not become rumors attributed to Websleuths as the source.

- If you believe a fellow poster has violated the terms and conditions (rules) of this site, report them, don’t engage them on the public thread. If you simply don’t like the views or opinions of another poster, there is an option to “ignore” them. Utilize it.

As far as I can tell, law enforcement is investigating this as a homicide. No person(s) of interest or suspect has been named and there has been no suggestion drugs were involved. It’s fine to speculate within reason, but there is no need to personalize or engage in general discussion of college life, etc.

If you have a question, reach out to a Mod or Admin privately. We are happy to help. Thanks to those who help keep Websleuths amazing!

- Mad

ADMIN WARNING:
ANYTHING that comes from REDDIT is NOT APPROVED to be posted, linked, or discussed here on WS. A video that was posted from Reddit has been removed, as have the many replies to that video.

Have you stopped to think how it would feel to be loved ones of the victims, already in shock, and find out random strangers on the internet are viewing some of the final moments of your child‘s life? Possibly before you have seen it yourself??

THIS is EXACTLY WHY Websleuths does not allow what Reddit does.
UNLESS/UNTIL LE releases video that appears in MSM, this video is OFF LIMITS for discussion on Websleuths.

Going forward, there will be repercussions if this warning is ignored.

ADMIN NOTE:

To clarify - videos linked/posted/discussed on WS MUST COME FROM AN APPROVED MSM or LE SOURCE. CLIPS of the video from the food truck have been published by a local news outlet, and on Gray Hughes YT channel. THE FULL VIDEO HAS NOT BEEN PUBLISHED BY ANY APPROVED SOURCE and may not be posted or discussed.
At this time, ONLY what is seen on the 2 approved clips may be brought and discussed here.

EDIT: Idaho Tribune is not MSM, not approved.

Gray Hughes clip -

MOD NOTE:

I know everybody here is anxious for an arrest in this case. While we have the video to discuss, it is NOT appropriate to cast aspersions on any of the bystanders in this video. LE has NOT indicated there is a POI or suspect, and until they have, implying that someone in this video is responsible for these murders is setting them up for harassment or worse. Please post responsibly.

Lots of new members here. Welcome! Please review the links in my signature, especially the top two, so you'll be familiar with our TOS. Big rules: Don't sleuth anybody that LE has not said is a POI or suspect, and extended family and friends of the victims are also victims and their social media, etc. is off limits.

Thanks for posting responsibly!

Knitty

ATTENTION!

No suspect or POI means NO SUSPECT OR POI. Implying or insinuating the guilt of anyone at this point is off limits.

When posting screenshots or discussing anything in general, you must provide an approved source link.

Thanks,
Mad

Last edited:

This link has the name of the food truck. It appears to be at a stationary location. (Meaning it doesn't pop up in different places.)

I've been following closely and watched the press release - it seems hard to speculate at this point. The fact that the roommates were home was a massive (and disturbing) bombshell. I do have a lot of questions about the 911 call. Someone on the previous thread mentioned maybe the perpetrator called the cops - certainly possible considering the time 911 was called and that it might not have been the roommates. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the roommates in the home did not realize anything was amiss, whether they were sleeping or up and about on Sunday.

The house (its shape and layout) is really is odd to me. I just remember that in college and grad school, I didn't often pay too much attention to my roommates' coming and going. It wouldn't surprise me if the perp gained access via the balcony, was hiding in the house, or at some point the door wasn't locked (even for a short time). I'll be interested to hear more about Uber drivers and events earlier on in the night at the bar / party. All IMO. As others have stated, I agree that it's very likely only one person (or two) was targeted that night.

IMO, but I don't think that the fact that 2 people in the house were not murdered is a sufficient reason to say this was a "targeted attack" per LE.

I've been following closely and watched the press release - it seems hard to speculate at this point. The fact that the roommates were home was a massive (and disturbing) bombshell. I do have a lot of questions about the 911 call. Someone on the previous thread mentioned maybe the perpetrator called the cops - certainly possible considering the time 911 was called and that it might not have been the roommates. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the roommates in the home did not realize anything was amiss, whether they were sleeping or up and about on Sunday.

The house (its shape and layout) is really is odd to me. I just remember that in college and grad school, I didn't often pay too much attention to my roommates' coming and going. It wouldn't surprise me if the perp gained access via the balcony, was hiding in the house, or at some point the door wasn't locked (even for a short time). I'll be interested to hear more about Uber drivers and events earlier on in the night at the bar / party. All IMO. As others have stated, I agree that it's very likely only one person (or two) was targeted that night.

IMO, but I don't think that the fact that 2 people in the house were not murdered is a sufficient reason to say this was a "targeted attack" per LE.
It's all terribly disturbing, especially considering that we know that the four murdered were all very close. Can the same be said or NOT be said about the other roommates? Only time will tell.
The balcony seems pretty suspect to me as well.

I keep thinking about Kaylee's dog, Murphy. I really wish one of the reporters had asked about him. Seems like the kind of thing that has a decent likelihood of getting a straight answer. "Was there a dog in the house, y/n" and then of course possibly "Was the dog also killed, y/n". It's a horrible thought but if he was I could see that possibly indicating something to LE.

Or a roommate that fell through. Most student housing is based on full occupancy.

So if there were 2 surviving people in the house (called 'roommates' by LE in the presser), and yet the officer speaking stumbled over 'how many?', and said "<stutter> believe 2". I don't think we really know whether it was 2 roommates or one roomate + a romantic partner.

Wasn't there a photo of all of the roommates on social media? I'll have to look back at that photo.
In the meantime I just want to pass along my extreme condolences to the survivors, who will be traumatized for a long time to come.

Yes, the photo on social is what I was referring to. There were 5 girls introduced as roommates. As far as I know, these were the only girls living in the house.

The additional bedroom could have been a roommate who fell through. But also, do we know it was actual student housing and not just 5 friends who decided to rent a house together? That's what my friends and I did for part of college.

Going to repost the photo’s of the house I posted toward the end of the last thread just for reference:

View from back of the house per real estate:

5ED6BC27-721C-465B-9433-D101DDD8D0EB.jpeg

We know the house has 3 floors as per otto’s photo from the last thread. The listing describes the house as “Ideal set up for roommates with 2 beds / 1 bath on each level.”
With a balcony/deck on the third floor as seen in 1/2 photo’s posted above.

Also posted below is photo’s of the sliding door going out to the second floor outdoor area:
DC5EE42B-2983-4C0C-9CB3-2BF99C11A689.jpeg

This link has the name of the food truck. It appears to be at a stationary location. (Meaning it doesn't pop up in different places.)
Outside the Garden Lounge. Okay, it is south Main. Closer to 3rd, which bisects south and north main street.
The Garden Lounge
Moscow Downtown is very pedestrian friendly, so there is a lot of foot traffic, and many people walk everywhere.

Going to repost the photo’s of the house I posted toward the end of the last thread just for reference:

View from back of the house per real estate:

View attachment 380313

We know the house has 3 floors as per otto’s photo from the last thread. The listing describes the house as “Ideal set up for roommates with 2 beds / 1 bath on each level.”
With a balcony/deck on the third floor as seen in 1/2 photo’s posted above.

Also posted below is photo’s of the sliding door going out to the second floor outdoor area:
View attachment 380316

I would love to know how many out of those "6 bedrooms" were actually liveable. That would impact where any of the victims or other roommates could have been during the attack.

If they were on foot that means that they did not follow the Uber and in fact already knew where the girls were located . The houses are so close I can’t imagine someone trying to brazenly walk out covered in blood and get in a car and drive off but I’m not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88