ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article states BK's father flew out to Idaho and accompanied BK back on the drive to PA, arriving in PA around December 17, according to BK's public defender. The article notes that police closely followed the vehicle on the drive back to PA. MOO- this indicates the police before around December 14 (assuming 3 day drive to PA) already knew BK was the POI/suspect. Likely were hoping to find him disposing of the knife at some point, IMO. It appears the police were surveilling BK for almost 3 weeks before the arrest-JMO. Kudos to LE for holding their cards very close, despite the Public hue and cry...really well done on the part of LE.
The article says they “tracked” his trip as he drove east. I’m skeptical they lined up a group of ground and air resources to literally follow him 2500 (or however many) miles to PA. That would take massive resources.

I wonder if they “tracked” him using a gps tracker, his phone, etc.

But maybe they did literally physically tail him. But to my mind, if they did, that’s much more than 4 days of “surveillance.”

I also saw (cnn I believe) that he was at an auto service shop with his dad and the car in PA, and while there conversed with an acquaintance on CNN. So it sound like he was there at least by the 16th.

I don't believe i said it does. However, OCD is something that has been mentioned by the family. I wonder if flare-ups of physical OCD correlate with mental obsessiveness too. Either way, full-scope studies are is important because, sadly, each case could provide learning experience, help us understand why people kill. No amount of debates about sociopathy vs psychopathy has provided the answer to this simple question, what drives people to sadistic, controlling, homicidal behaviors, and how can we prevent it? Studies, and more studies, are important.
"Family" was a former aunt by marriage. It's not clear how long ago she was an actual family member or how close knit the family was. The incident she described happened at least 4-5 years ago. She is the only person who has mentioned this. Are there other family members who have indicated this? Could you provide a link to that? TIA.

The gas station clip has never been acknowledged as being the car by LE. From what I understand the gas station owner reached out to LE saying 'hey...i have a white car in that time range' and at some point he turned it over to them. A lot of people at that time pointed to LE incompetence for it taking that long for them to collect it.

In reality I think that LE knew the killer didn't take that route. So had no interest in the clip. And only went to collect it as to not appear incompetent.

The gas station attendant later released the clip himself to the media.

Personally, I don't think the car in that clip is an Elantra.
Thanks iMO that explains a lot

IMO, whatever happened to “ innocent until proven guilty”. It could very well be possible that LE arrested the big cheese to get to the little dirty rat.
I very much believe in due process, which emphasizes the importance of formal, adjudicative, and adversary fact-finding processes. I would need to see the evidence against someone before I could ever say guilty or not. In this case LE seems to believe they have the right person and that's fine but to me, that person has a right to challenge that belief and until all the facts are presented thru due process I have to remain neutral.
That's not to say that I don't have any ideas as to the motive of whomever committed this abomination.
moo

This is very interesting to me. His academic work.
I think of Copycat that movie with actress Sigourney Weaver, she’s an expert in serial killers and is giving a lecture in an auditorium to her students, she calls out specific traits, and students start sitting down, because they are eliminated. What’s left is who’s standing the students that share traits of serial killers.
He did study under a famed serial killer expert.
This whole thing about why he studied under an expert in serial killers. I hear the "to commit the perfect crime" arguments but it's just as likely that he was studying himself and trying to stop himself. There are way more "almost" a school shooters out there than shooters in my experience and I suspect it's the same with serial killers. His motive for this type of study may well have been the opposite of nepharous ...

Now those study questions on the other hand come off as nefarious, in part, because they examine nothing about personality traits even though that's the purported topic and asks about crimes that they have not been caught for. Do we even have confirmation that the study was real and approved by the Institutional Research Board of the university, as an study on humans would need to be?

"Family" was a former aunt by marriage. It's not clear how long ago she was an actual family member or how close knit the family was. The incident she described happened at least 4-5 years ago. She is the only person who has mentioned this. Are there other family members who have indicated this? Could you provide a link to that? TIA.

Probably the only one that wants to go in the media

I don't think you're going to get corroborating saucepan stories :)

I too have that feeling, doesn't make sense. Plus, their son was home for thanksgiving following the murders, as I understand. I wonder if they noticed he was out of character or had injuries and then when the "look out for a white Elantra" was put out they may have been like "Oh %$#*."
I fully agree with you, and cannot imagine that he’s THAT good at this vocation that he can just eliminate 4 souls with such unimaginable savagery and then go back home to break bread with loved ones over a peaceful and meaningful Thanksgiving celebration. There’s just no amount of arm-twisting which would ever have me buying that story. Yeah…for sure when his make and model car hit the news - his family must have been digging holes to further bury their heads from the HORROR which may be a part of their bloodline. Chilling. He slept there with family. They’re fortunate none of them ever caught his ire. He has some severe anger and inferiority issues, and his family HAD to have seen some of those signs along the way. JMOO.

No, she's at Desales in Pennsylvania.
It's in your link.

So he didn't travel cross-country to study with her and we still don't know why he chose the UofW.

The more I think about it, it is an interesting question. Wanted to stretch his wings?

Niceness of grad student housing? (Financial aid would include the sticker price for his apartment - I'd have given a lot to have had such a nice apartment, they can be seen on youtube).

But I'im going to go with "He didn't get into a lot of programs, this one offered financial aid - and a particular style of living that he liked."

Also, could have owned that knife for years now. Most folks keep their personal knives for life, at least most that I know. JMOO.

Possible. As of right now, we don't know one way or the other. Now that his name is out, it seems like the odds are good there's going to be a transaction found tying him to the type of knife used in the murders or there's going to be an acquaintance who saw him with the kind of knife LE is looking for.

I too have that feeling, doesn't make sense. Plus, their son was home for thanksgiving following the murders, as I understand. I wonder if they noticed he was out of character or had injuries and then when the "look out for a white Elantra" was put out they may have been like "Oh %$#*."

I thought he arrived in PA on Dec 17th. All kinds of people who are in his program have spoken out on their SM about his demeanor when he went back to class after Veterans Day weekend. He stayed until the end of the semester. IMO. MOO.

Probably the only one that wants to go in the media

I don't think you're going to get corroborating saucepan stories :)
I am in no way trying to defend BK, but it could also be that she is talking out her heiney for her 15 mins and whatever bank transfer she got from the NYP or whatever sketchy publication she talked to.

ETA: She is the ONLY person who has said this, it was said to a sketchy Pay For Stories media outlet, and we've seen nothing to collaborate it. I was merely asking the OP where else they had seen it because again, not defending BK, but tired of seeing rumors and straight up gossip. At this point, that is gossip, imo.

MOO

I also saw (cnn I believe) that he was at an auto service shop with his dad and the car in PA, and while there conversed with an acquaintance on CNN. So it sound like he was there at least by the 16th.
could you provide link for that?

Exactly, within the crime scene at critical locations, no possible reason for it being there unless he was.
We just don't know where it was found, and that's the problem imo jmo and I'm not sure SG and his atty know either, so those kind of remarks (there was a connection) would probably imo jmo be best left to LE and the prosecution JIC.

Assuming he doesn’t immediately ask for a lawyer, I would be very interested in seeing the interrogation tape (either during or after trial). It would be interesting to see how he handles being confronted with his mistakes.
if I were LE I think I'd avoid striking a confrontational tone with BK based on the anecdote from the restaurant manager in PA who confronted him politely but directly about badgering the female servers. Instead, I would establish rapport, let him exhibit his extensive knowledge about criminology :) and see where the conversation goes from there. My guess is with the right interviewer he'll be a willing talker. So willing that there may never be a need to bring up his mistakes.

If he doesn't talk they should absolutely send a strong female interviewer in to grill him, just for the reaction it will undoubtedly elicit :)

IMO BK was not bringing the Elantra back to WA. He may have even talked with his parents about the murder. Maybe claimed that he spoke with LE and was cleared, but was being harassed because he drove a white Elantra and couldn’t sell it locally. Same as others were being accused: HG, JD, etc.

Vehicle may have been registered in the father’s name. No choice but to drive it back to PA. “Dad, why not fly out and we’ll take turns driving and see the country.” Buy another vehicle and drive it back to WA. MOO

I suspect the vehicle was registered to father's name. BK could not risk being stopped for any traffic violation.

My other explanation would be that earlier on, BK had periods when he'd not be permitted to drive (seizures come to mind; fear of DUI due to active drinking or using could be another reason), so maybe he got the license and the parents' car before the trip to WA. IRL he could ill afford being stopped in his Elantra on his way to PA. However, as an explanation, it would be easy to say, "I don't feel safe to drive" and dad would hop on the plane, predictably.

And add that he could testify that he had been to that house for something. It all hinges on where that DNA is/was….
We have discussed the cleaning of the house. If the house was cleaned and both bedrooms were places of discovered DNA, then it's going to be pretty hard talking away the evidence.
Either way, very pivotal in the case.

In the past I have seen, type of DNA has different relevance. Fibre evidence was also critical.

I wonder if a contract cleaner will be called as a witness?

Last edited:
The article says they “tracked” his trip as he drove east. I’m skeptical they lined up a group of ground and air resources to literally follow him 2500 (or however many) miles to PA. That would take massive resources.

I wonder if they “tracked” him using a gps tracker, his phone, etc.

But maybe they did literally physically tail him. But to my mind, if they did, that’s much more than 4 days of “surveillance.”

If they put a GPS tracker on his car, then they would have needed to get a warrant to do that. Not sure LE had enough evidence to get a warrant when he left Pullman to head to PA. JMO.

I fully agree with you, and cannot imagine that he’s THAT good at this vocation that he can just eliminate 4 souls with such unimaginable savagery and then go back home to break bread with loved ones over a peaceful and meaningful Thanksgiving celebration. There’s just no amount of arm-twisting which would ever have me buying that story. Yeah…for sure when his make and model car hit the news - his family must have been digging holes to further bury their heads from the HORROR which may be a part of their bloodline. Chilling. He slept there with family. They’re fortunate none of them ever caught his ire. He has some severe anger and inferiority issues, and his family HAD to have seen some of those signs along the way. JMOO.
Where are you getting your information regarding Thanksgiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pro. Inv. 1818